Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vakharia

Motorola Phones: Reliance CDMA Data Issue On Android 4.4 Kitkat

Hold back if you want to but people who are on 4.4.2 have the only benefit of rooting and unlocking the device. But for reliance CDMA full compatibility you will have to upgrade.

It's your call.

Since this morning, I applied all four OTA's and moved from 4.4 (19.xx) to 24.13.2).

After the first two updates, I even tried the trick of swapping my Vodafone SIM with the Reliance CDMA SIM hoping to get success like some of the others on the forum. I enabled data while on Vodafone, waited for the connection and then removed the SIM an quickly put in the Reliance SIM.

This process did not help in any way. The network is there and I can make calls, but data does not connect.

I also tried various network settings (CDMA auto prl, LTE/CDMA/ CDMA only/ etc.) after each update.

None of this made any difference.

Motorola Droid ultra, mini, maxx do not run data with all OMH sims of reliance. U need either a nano or wholly precut micro RECRUC06 or one particular type of mini RECRUC06.... One more important fact is the handset on which u do *228. On some handsets, the OTA does not happen properly which results in no data.

I have not heard of Reliance giving out a nano SIM from the gallery. So, I have mini SIM - cut to nano and it is of RECRU06 range.

About handset, I had done *228 on the same handset. Should I try that again?

Earlier, I mentioned that I had done *228 on my Droid Maxx. However, I realized that this was not true.

When I took the connection last year, I had to visit the gallery and get the SIM activated on another phone (owned by the gallery owner).

The reason which I now remember was that on my Droid Maxx, if I would press *228 and then 'dial', it would throw out an error about unrecognized SIM.

Yesterday, I was trying to do *228 again on this connection on my Droid Maxx and noticed that I get this error. This is despite the phone working normally for voice calls (and SMS - if I remove the +91 in front of the number).

So, there is a hack available where we can disable the app which throws out that warning. I froze that app and tried again.

This time, I was able to do *228. I was then able to hear the message "cannot be activated" or something similar.

I also tried 59059, which tells me to contact customer care.

So, in short, I did not do *228 on this handset. Maybe that is why my PRL is sometimes unknown.

How do I start all over again with this connection?

Hi I have moto droid razr m . It s on kitkat version .all gsm sim working but reliance CDMA sim not working . Can anybody help me getting CDMA singnal n data .....

Droid Maxx users. Has moved from 24.3.7 to 24.13.2? I wanted to know if it is safe to do so.

So far data etc. works fine. Will it continue to work after the update to 24.13.2?

Please do update anyone with experience. Thanks!

Droid Maxx users. Has moved from 24.3.7 to 24.13.2? I wanted to know if it is safe to do so.

So far data etc. works fine. Will it continue to work after the update to 24.13.2?

Please do update anyone with experience. Thanks!

There are conflicting answers to this. So, there is a certain risk you are taking while upgrading.

I have moved back to GSM - CDMA was just used for testing on this phone. Now, I use CDMA with a dongle.

I have updated 2 units of motorola droid maxx to 24.13.2, no issue in data & calls in cdma

• Like 1

Hi All,

This is my first post on rim web.

I found this thread to be right to post my problem on.

If I am wrong do let me know so that i can delete this and post it on the proper thread.

I have recently purchase an Moto X2 (XT-1096) verizon version.

I previously had a micro sim cut to nano.

Since this phone requires RG series sim for being able to use the network, I managed to get a sim in grey market cut to nano.

Voice and SMS are working fine with this new RG series Sim but there is no sign of data working.

I had sent an SMS for EVDO activation since this is a new sim and got it activated again.

I added alll the required apn found and mentioned in the forum/customer care/internet.

But nothing has worked.

GSM working like butter. No issues at all.

My phone as android 5.1 .

Please help.

Thanks.

Jigar Chheda

Hi All,

This is my first post on rim web.

I found this thread to be right to post my problem on.

If I am wrong do let me know so that i can delete this and post it on the proper thread.

I have recently purchase an Moto X2 (XT-1096) verizon version.

I previously had a micro sim cut to nano.

Since this phone requires RG series sim for being able to use the network, I managed to get a sim in grey market cut to nano.

Voice and SMS are working fine with this new RG series Sim but there is no sign of data working.

I had sent an SMS for EVDO activation since this is a new sim and got it activated again.

I added alll the required apn found and mentioned in the forum/customer care/internet.

But nothing has worked.

GSM working like butter. No issues at all.

My phone as android 5.1 .

Please help.

Thanks.

Jigar Chheda

It won't work with any regular sim. Data can only function with special sim provided & activated by gurus here.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Transfer your number on blank sim (Any REC Series) and Try to activate (*228) that sim in to MOTO E 2nd Gen Boost or Sprint (5.1). And then after activation insert that sim into Moto X 2nd Gen. I am not sure but trick may work. Try at your own , 50 Rupees doesn't matter more if data will start.

Well thanks for your efforts to reply.

Firstly I have already transfered my no to RG series sim card required to work for theses phones provided by Reliance.

Second I had used a sim of same series used by on of my friend on a SAMSUNG CDMA wherein he is able to use data (1x and EVDO both) but even that failed to work on my phone.

HELP !!!

Regards,

Jigar Chheda

Its Ok,

I have given you a Probable solution for your Problem. If u dnt want to follow trial and error method , it's your decision dear.

Again Purchase RG Sim and waste 500-700 More. Best of luck.

U can Try above solution for new sim (New Number) which cost only Rs. 65 but if you are waiting only for costly solution from Gurus then go ahead.

Motorola Electrify M data not working in RECRU06 series sim card... disabled EVDO and got no. transferred on a new sim(again RECRU06 regular sim) and again activated the EVDO but still the same issue... I am on Kitkat

Please Help...

Edited by CHEESEX147

Data stopped working on all my RECRU06 sims. Even tried in old Samsung OMH (Galaxy Y). No change.

Switched to TI. No time to deal with RCOM nonsense.

Hi I have moto droid razr m . It s on kitkat version .all gsm sim working but reliance CDMA sim not working . Can anybody help me getting CDMA singnal n data .....

I updated my moto xt 912 with 12.1 cynogenmode and data is working (some times 1x and sometimes 3G) without any input of APN OR password and old ohm sim

I updated my moto xt 912 with 12.1 cynogenmode and data is working (some times 1x and sometimes 3G) without any input of APN OR password and with old ohm sim

i am facing problem in my motorola droid razr Maxx HD. since i had updated it i was not able to use mobile data. tough it is swithched on but mobile data services are not avilable neither i can see any icon of the active mobile data. though when i put a GSM sim card i can use mobile data. reliance customer care guys were not able to help since APN settings cant be edited in this phone.

I have already hard & factory resetted my phone but was of no use.

Hence I am in. Tell me what to do

Carrier: Reliance CDMA

Version of OS: kitkat 4.4.2

Model: Motorola droid RAZR Maxx HD

SIM: normal cut sim to micro size

Kitkat upgrade method: OTA

Issue: no data after upgrade 4.4.2 but was able to use earlier in 4.1.2

I can help you with data on your device ..u need to pm me with your build version and your apn window screenshot.

I have bought a new Moto XT1060 handset & i am facing the same issue, i can enable data but data is not getting connected, also in APN setting there is no option to add new APN.

Carrier: Reliance CDMA

Version of OS: kitkat 4.4.4

Model: Motorola XT1060

SIM: normal cut sim to nano size

Kitkat upgrade method: OTA

Issue: no data after changing the handset from samsung to Moto XT1060

APN screenshot