Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
keval32

Tutorial : How to get data on OMH on 4.4 Kitkat on LG G2

Friends, as Vinod ji just suggested, if you want that slim network signal bars and the spark 3g icon, please put up 'spr' without quotes as value.

Thanks Vinod ji, for pointing out.

Try to change SPR to OPEN and give Result

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Below is my build prop screenshots in working omh in

JB ZV8.

post-29638-140414974216_thumb.jpg

@kuduku No it was not an inspiration, but, it seems interesting, need to try out. Hotspot might work that way.

I am trying now, lets see.

Hmmm we need to know if the data works on ZVC on OMH. DATA on any build below ZVC works without any edit.

Edited by Vinod Nayak

@Vinod Yes, data works on ZVC on OMH, this post is all about that.

Didn't it work for you?

Hello everyone,

1- You will have to dial 0 before calling, else, phone application will crash. Wifi works perfectly for me!.

This is taken from the xda thread but I feel it is worth a try to fix the above issue...

"To fix the issue of the com.android.phone process crashing when you don't dial a 1 in front of the number edit the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db file with a SQLlite editor and change in the "system" table "assist_dial" and "assist_dial_init_db_check" to "0". If you don't see those 2 rows then you can add them. Fix permissions, wipe cache and reboot."

Source http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=:52915223&postcount=814&nocache=1&z=2307072603143751

@Keval32, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw your solution(it was such a simple & well known solution but still no one thought about it), it was the first method that was tried to unlock Sprint LG G2 for GSM networks and every one used that till 'Carrier' folder method was published. And yet no one(including me) tried it for RUIM DATA problem in Kitkat, we didn't even got the thought of trying it :doh: , instead we were banging our heads.

Thanks for the tip any way.

@st_7 Yes buddy, I also thought so, I guess we didn't tried because G2 veteran Vinod exhausted and said he didn't find anything yet.

Btw, any solution for Wifi Hotspot buddy? I am trying hard to get it working but nothing so far, I even tried replacing service.jar and others, but, still hotspot never started.

Hello everyone,

1- You will have to dial 0 before calling, else, phone application will crash. Wifi works perfectly for me!.

This is taken from the xda thread but I feel it is worth a try to fix the above issue...

"To fix the issue of the com.android.phone process crashing when you don't dial a 1 in front of the number edit the /data/data/com.android.providers.settings/databases/settings.db file with a SQLlite editor and change in the "system" table "assist_dial" and "assist_dial_init_db_check" to "0". If you don't see those 2 rows then you can add them. Fix permissions, wipe cache and reboot."

Source http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=:52915223&postcount=814&nocache=1&z=2307072603143751

I can confirm that above method didn't work for me. It still crashes phone application.

• Like 1

Now in Kitkat with DATA with RCDMA OMH .. :rockon:.

just changed ' ro.build.target_operator ' value to spr

Calls going through even for numbers not starting with 0 (No Crashes )

Can u check wifi or wifi hotspot

It will crash in jb after changing this value

Now in Kitkat with DATA with RCDMA OMH .. :rockon:.

just changed ' ro.build.target_operator ' value to spr

Calls going through even for numbers not starting with 0 (No Crashes )

Great buddy, did you perform any tweaks for that crash thing? If so, plz share.

I have found temporary fix for wifi hotspot on KitKat, if you want wifi hotspot on the go just change value to TMO, you will have zero network signal bars but it will be connected to the network and you will be able to turn on data as well as hotspot. Hotspot application will crash but hotspot will tuen on.

Hi,

Updated to kit Kat and got data to work in reliance cdma omh.

No crashes on calls.only problem is that tethering not working.I don't know how it's happened,in jelly been dialer app was crashing while changing target operator or country.

Things I have done,

Flashed ZV7.tot>rooted>unlocked by carrier folder method>took ZV8,ZVA and ZVC ota >rooted>changed to.build.target_operator to REL> data worked but dialer crashed>changed value to spr>Restart>every thing works fine except WiFi tether..

I have tried with

spr

REL

TMO

and OPEN

on using OPEN no crashes and no 1 signal bug , shows proper full signals . Signal bars are thick . I tried it in GSM as my RUIM is not catching any signal . It reads MIN correctly from RUIM and shows it . Its on RUIM only using DFS . Done TOT from ZV8 to ZVC .

Whenever i change any of these from SPR the proximity sensor stops working . Can any one confirm this .

SystemUI has crashed error comes intermittently when once/twice but fully usable mobile . One advantage of this is that amount of free RAM doubles over . I had generally 300MB free , now after a reboot atleast 1000MB free . Can any one tell why ?

EDIT Proximity sensor working fine , just option cannot be activated in menu . During calls when mobile is brought near to face , screen does switch off

Edited by kuduku

I. tried spr, OPEN.. can see 3g symbol in the task bar but no Internet.. is it phone issue or carrier.. I am in MTS prepaid, got an omh Sim yesterday, phone has been recharged for both 2g and 3g.. any clue.. thanks

sutu5eta.jpg

Any updates on wifi tether unlock..

Hello All,

I have tried OP solution and I am getting error on start up after reboot like "Unfortunately, process com.android.systemui has stopped". and "Unfortunately Home has stopped"

I am not able to access the phone thereafter. It gets popup constantly.

Kindly advise the solution.

Does this continue to work with the Lollypop update?

Lollipop does not need any tweak, Data works without any build.prop edit by default.

• Like 1

Lollipop does not need any tweak, Data works without any build.prop edit by default.

Awesome, thanks for the confirmation. :)

I got my Verizon G2 today VS980 and OMH data doesn't appear to be working. I am still on Kitkat 4.4.2 though. There are no errors or anything, it just doesn't connect. Will try updating to Lollipop and see if it works.