Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sandeepjaipur

Reliance CDMA Network Issue in Moto G & Moto X

Hi,

I am using Moto G & Moto X on reliance CDMA network.

I noticed that my both mobiles are out of range at my home or even in market. before using Moto G, I am having Samsung M369 qtry keypad type mobile, it have no issue.

I installed other RIM number in Samsung M369, it always on range 3-4 bars in network.

I am unable to understand, why same location, these smart phones are out of range and normal keytype of phone working fine.

If you have any idea, pl share.

PRL aka Preferred Roaming List seems to be the culprit....

might be, so I need to approach with seller once again.

but same moto g / x mobile work with full range at one place and only tiny 1 bar at my office. (at office I am using LG FWT and it shows always full signal strength "Green LED")

I noticed that during power cuts signal drop / no signal too.

Please suggest.

Sandeep,

All the other phones you mentioned use 1x and this show 1x network bars. I also face such issues occasionally on my moto x. But when i switch off mobile data, suddenly the towers become full, from 1 point. Only face this issue when there is a problem from reliance side.

Also in my observation Moto X is a lil miser in showing signal bars. The reception that other mobiles give in fill signal bars, Moto x gives that in just 1-2 signal bars. My experience is with the USC version of Moto x.

To check actual network strength head over to settings and see the dbm values. U may be pleasantly surprised to see same dbm or even better dbm values than other full signal mobiles.

Well I m using Moto X (sprint) but no such prob faced by me... date turn off option is missing in it. but m using an app to turn off data usage.. so that i dont miss any calls whn i m at remote place n 1x is been used... :)

Sandeep,

All the other phones you mentioned use 1x and this show 1x network bars. I also face such issues occasionally on my moto x. But when i switch off mobile data, suddenly the towers become full, from 1 point. Only face this issue when there is a problem from reliance side.

Yes, i noticed that M369 having 1X sim & it shows 1X signal bars & Moto X / G out of range that time, even I checked to dial from my FWT and both phones are out of range, M369 getting calls easily.

In my case, when i saw low signal bars in Moto X / G, I tried to start 3g data and some time signal strength increase. Means Moto G / X having low signal bars in 1X mode.

Yesterday, I met one guy, he owns RIM (CDMA) with some micromax mobile, he is getting calls and mine was out of range, my office staff tried to calling me but "shows out of range"

Please suggest how to check real problem, As I am thinking that Reliance neglected CDMA very much. (They are shutting down web-world in Hyderabad or no maintenance, short of staff)

Also in my observation Moto X is a lil miser in showing signal bars. The reception that other mobiles give in fill signal bars, Moto x gives that in just 1-2 signal bars. My experience is with the USC version of Moto x.

To check actual network strength head over to settings and see the dbm values. U may be pleasantly surprised to see same dbm or even better dbm values than other full signal mobiles.

From my experience, almost all US cdma world phones, especially from Verizon shows less bars in 3G (GSM) signals. Even -61dBm 3G signal (2100MHz) has 1 bar less, whereas in 2G full bars (1800MHz) are shown even for -72dBm. Then I have started using NetworkSignal widget on home screen, which on tapping shows signal strength and type accurately.

May be US cdma operators want to exaggerate the spotty 3G coverage of GSM and that makes business sense.

I am feeling that Reliance CDMA going to shut down, as no network in Hyderabad city.

No network at my office & Home, All mobile whether it is Moto G / X or Samsung M369 or LG FWT.

During Power cuts, it is sure no network of RCDMA.

Recently I bought 2 Mobile Moto G / X, I am stucked. :ranting:

Its an apt thread at an apt time.

I was travelling in Himachal Pradesh last week. While the signals on my Moto G with Reliance CDMA were fine till Shimla, as I ventured 120 km further towards a place called Rohdu, the phone showed absolutely no connectivity.

It was so inconvenient and embarrassing because all other phones in my travel group (including Vodafone, BSNL, Airtel) were enjoying phone and internet connectivity, my Moto G was lying as a dumb brick.

I heard that Reliance CDMA has a very good coverage and connectivity. So, is this problem specific to my Moto G or to the network provider aka Reliance(the dunia mutthi mai fellas!). And how should I go ahead to avoid such situation in future?

Hello Sir

I cannot make any call using Moto G on Reliance network that starts with + ie +91, +1, or any other country for that matter.

I know I can call international nos. by prefixing 00 but still why not with +

Thanks

Because it's a pure cdma phone. It only knows 00 as isd prefix and not + like GSM phones. (GSM phones accepts both + and 00)

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk

Hello Sir

I cannot make any call using Moto G on Reliance network that starts with + ie +91, +1, or any other country for that matter.

Thanks

In your moto g please change assisted dialing country to India.

Then you can make calls to +91

As it will treat them as only 0 prefix

• Like 1

Hello Sir

Thanks

In your moto g please change assisted dialing country to India.

Then you can make calls to +91

As it will treat them as only 0 prefix

Thank you that did the trick!

There's also the Prefixer app which does the same job if somehow the internal system settings don't work.

Jp

How to change a network in miti g reliance CDMA Motorola to reliance I can use some online apps exmp. Saavn , raga etc.

So plz give me settinga

How to change a network in miti g reliance CDMA Motorola to reliance I can use some online apps exmp. Saavn , raga etc.

So plz give me settinga

:doh: Exactly what do you want?

• Like 1

Hi, i got a Verizon Moto X , GSM is working fine out of the box, but if i use a Reliance CDMA it says no sim inserted , can i expect help and suggestions.

Thanks

Hi, i got a Verizon Moto X , GSM is working fine out of the box, but if i use a Reliance CDMA it says no sim inserted , can i expect help and suggestions.

Thanks

Change sim card. Try using recruc series micro or nano

Thanks Dave, i will try it tomorrow and hopefully it works.

I also hope recruc series sim is available in any Raliance outlet.

Thanks a million Dave, it worked, but the signal is not stable in CDMA mode. Signal is very good and strong with GSM, but in CDMA I am getting signal loss and disconnected often and i loose calls. Any suggestions.

Guess reliance network is weak in your area. Is signal strong on other handset except moto x for cdma?

Dear All Esteemed reliance CDMA user,

I am using Blackberry 8330 handset. Its working fine. Now i want to upgrade to Moto G CDMA factory unlocked 8 GB capacity mobile being sold at ebay.

http://www.ebay.in/itm/NEW-MOTOROLA-MOTO-G-8GB-CDMA-HOTSPOT-4G-ENABLED-BLACK-FOR-RELIANCE-TATA-MTS-/161962679601?

just wanted to get u ppl opinion as whether it will be suitable for my Internet EVDO usage and calling purpose?

I will b Thankful for ur early reply