Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KESHAV_IS

Motorola Droid 4.4.4 update locks cdma ruim support, Do Not update.

Try inserting the gsm first when u get the networks change the mode to cdma then remove the gsm Sim and insert the CDMA Sim.

Thanks for your help. I don't have a nano-sized GSM Sim card available handily. I do have a Verizon 4G non-activated card that came with the handset which I inserted into the handset. It picks up signal. But when I re-insert my Reliance sim card I get 'no-service message even if I select CDMA option in networks. Any other solutions? Thanks in advance..
pm me.

Hi all,

I am sorry if I am repeating this and if it has been already answered in other forums. Before posting this issue, I tried to search for the solution on web as well as on our own rimweb :) . I read that same issue is affecting moto droid.

I recently bought this Sprint Moto X from eBay. It was listed as CDMA & GSM. Being a reliance cdma user, I bought this phone.

Now, the issue is, it is not at all working with reliance cdma (no call, no data, no signal at all). So I bought a new TATA CDMA sim to test, but it is not working either (no call, no data, no signal at all). GSM is working fine. I contacted seller, but he is not aware and said that it was working fine on both cdma and gsm before sending it to me. I enquired further and realized that, before sending the handset to me, the seller had upgraded it to android 4.4.4, which I think is the culprit.

As we all are aware, that this is known issue with 4.4.4 on moto. I wanted to know if there is any way, I can get TATA CDMA or Reliance CDMA working on this handset?

I am a CDMA user and would love to stay that way. Request my expert friends here to kindly assist me.

Below are the details:

Handset: Sprint Moto X (XT1056)

Network support: CDMA and GSM

Android version: 4.4.4

Current status: GSM working. CDMA not working at all (no calls, no data)

If it helps, I have tried hot swapping and it’s not working.

Also, I have heard the new series cdma sim for reliance works up to 4.4.2. Has anybody tried it on 4.4.4?

Waiting for you advice.

Thanking you all in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sagar

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

My droid razr xt 912 which was working with old sim for calls only. When I changed the sim 8 series (in my place) first call come or goes and from next call onwards the signal drastically falls and unable to make outgoing or incoming also. Now I am trying old sim. It is not available in my place. If any body has old empty sim plese help me.

Babulu

My droid razr xt 912 which was working with old sim for calls only. When I changed the sim 8 series (in my place) first call come or goes and from next call onwards the signal drastically falls and unable to make outgoing or incoming also. Now I am trying old sim. It is not available in my place. If any body has old empty sim plese help me.

Babulu

pm me old series RSN number.

Sent from my AUXUS CoreX8 3G using Tapatalk 2

I recently bought this Sprint Moto X from eBay. It was listed as CDMA & GSM. Being a reliance cdma user, I bought this phone.

Mujhe jitna pata hai (waise mujhe kam hi pata hai)...

Sprint Moto X works on CDMA in NV mode, not long back GSM was unlocked for Sprint version.

So I am not sure if RUIM ever worked on Sprint Moto X. Correct me if wrong.

Hi Nishant,

Havent come across anybody personally using RUIM on sprint moto x. however, there are still many listings on ebay and other websites selling sim based cdma sprint moto x. Also, have read in threads here about people using tata and reliance cdma sim with it.

For now, I am stuck. cannot downgrade also. I've read that downgrading from anything above 4.4.2 may brick this phone.

Any solution guys?

I think I've solved the issue on droid maxx...

After 4.4.4 i was unable to use cdma after restart unless i used gsm sim n then swapped it with cdma sim...

Somehow, 4.4.4 update brought a bad radio.. Specially for wifi.. Many places wifi won't connect where earlier it would connect before update..

So, i thought of downgrading the radio..

I downgraded it... N not sure about the wifi problem is solved or not... As I'm yet to use it at all the places.. But now cdma sim works even after restart.. Confirmed working.. Restated twice...

Here is the link to radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2674867

I'll post more details..

Edited by hiteshkkk1
  • Like 1

Is it possible to downgrade radio on a Verizon maxx

Yes, only if you have unlocked bootloader

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Is it possible to downgrade radio on a Verizon maxx

Yes, only if you have unlocked bootloader

I've unlocked bl...

Not sure if it can be downgraded on locked bl...

Someone can try

Thanks hiteshbhai I have droid ultra can I downgrade radio my bootloder is lock

Thanks hiteshbhai I have droid ultra can I downgrade radio my bootloder is lock

Try it.. Either it will downgrade or it won't..

But it won't cause any harm..

Post here for others..

it won't downgrade without unlocked bootloader. But try your luck and keep the current stock version, and be ready to re-flash

For guys who want to use normal SIM cards on 4.4.4 for Razr M, Razr HD, Electrify M, Sprint Samsung Mega and Sprint Samsung S4 mini, flash official CM11 or PA_msm8960_unified ROMs (for all 2013 Motorola devices). Keeping 4.4.4 bootloader and modem will not matter.

Sent from my N900p

• Like 2

Hi I have RECRUC0618***** series sim but still not able to use data on android 4.4.2, I've tried all temporary workarounds but no luck. Could someone suggests what should I do?

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Just downgraded my Droid Maxx XT 1080 using your procedure and now it is working fine with TATA CDMA sim even after reboot.

Awesome !!! You saved my phone.. :)

Thanks a tonn...

After 4.4.4 i was unable to use cdma after restart unless i used gsm sim n then swapped it with cdma sim...

Somehow, 4.4.4 update brought a bad radio.. Specially for wifi.. Many places wifi won't connect where earlier it would connect before update..

I downgraded it... N not sure about the wifi problem is solved or not... As I'm yet to use it at all the places.. But now cdma sim works even after restart.. Confirmed working.. Restated twice...

Here is the link to radio http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2674867

I'll post more details..

Ashi1980 ur phone bootloder unlock or lock

How to unlock bootloder

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Just downgraded my Droid Maxx XT 1080 using your procedure and now it is working fine with TATA CDMA sim even after reboot.

Thanks a tonn...

I'll post more details..

Your bl was unlocked?

No, My bootloader is not unlocked.

However I tried to unlock it when I was stuck in this problem after updating my phone to 4.4.4 but could not unlock it as my phone is a 2013 build and unlock code is not available for it. After that I was using my phone with the help of a GSM sim at boot time and later swap it with CDMA.

Now it is working with my tata cdma sim like it used to be earlier. :-)

Ashi1980 ur phone bootloder unlock or lock

How to unlock bootloder

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Thanks a tonn...

I'll post more details..

Your bl was unlocked?

No, my bootloader is still locked and yet this patch worked. Now my tata cdma sim works even after reboot .... CONFIRMED :good:

Thanks again..

Hi ashi I'm not technical person plz explain process of radio downgrad how to setup adb in my PC if u have any tutorial link plz pm me I have xt 1080 with same prob my phone build date is 18 June 2014 can I downgrad radio sorry for my bad English

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Thanks a tonn...

I'll post more details..

Your bl was unlocked?

No, my bootloader is still locked and yet this patch worked. Now my tata cdma sim works even after reboot .... CONFIRMED :good:

Thanks again..

8922e309f9d6a292597bacd09c8114da.jpg

it won't downgrade without unlocked bootloader. But try your luck and keep the current stock version, and be ready to re-flash

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Thanks a tonn...

I'll post more details..

Your bl was unlocked?

Thanks again..

That's great...

::Hitesh:: its working...

Others take benefit of this..

Thanks for confirmation, it will help many !

Sent from my Falcon_CDMA (Moto G)

Thanks Hitesh !!!

You rock !!

Thanks a tonn...

I'll post more details..

The Radio download link is not working can you please upload the files to some dropbox... or provide any other link... !!

The Radio download link is not working can you please upload the files to some dropbox... or provide any other link... !!

I've checked that page and the download link is working... however for your convenience I uploaded this file to sendspace. You may download it from the following link.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/hosr0o