Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KESHAV_IS

Motorola Droid 4.4.4 update locks cdma ruim support, Do Not update.

Bought a moto droid maxx Verizon with intentions of using rev b on it. Purchased a new CDMA reliance omh connection of recr uc06 . HSD activated through SMS. No clue about rev b?

Speed is around 512 to 700 kbps so it must be rev a.

You can use OpenSignal app from the play store. It clearly shows you EvDO Rev.A while connected to Reliance.

BTW: Did you activate the SIM via *228 directly on the phone? I am in Pune too. Let's sync up.

Bought a moto droid maxx Verizon with intentions of using rev b on it. Purchased a new CDMA reliance omh connection of recr uc06 . HSD activated through SMS. No clue about rev b?

Speed is around 512 to 700 kbps so it must be rev a.

You can use OpenSignal app from the play store. It clearly shows you EvDO Rev.A while connected to Reliance.

BTW: Did you activate the SIM via *228 directly on the phone? I am in Pune too. Let's sync up.

forum member aneeshmbabu posted a screenshot of droid maxx in which he has enabled evdo rev b

and here are the settings he has posted to do the same in dfs

In DFS Tools,setting HDR SCP force AT config to -> RevB_MFPA

and

[0] Sub2 PL <- enable

[1] EC CH <- enable

[2] EA CH <- enable

[3] EFT CH <- enable

[4] Sub 3 RT <- enable

[5] Sub 1 RT <- enable

[6] Enh Idle <- enable

[7] Gen M-M <- enable

BCMS [0] <- enable

App Sub MFPA <- enable

Great!

What is the "Set preferred network type" value? Unfortunately your screenshot does not capture that part? Is it "CDMA (auto prl)?

Last night I spend several hours reading up and trying many things.

The first thing I wanted to get out of the way was to get the APN set up properly.

So, I edited the apn-conf.xml file under the /system/etc folder and put additional entries for Reliance.

The MCC and MNC codes that I have from the customer care are already in place (if I look at the Settings --> About --> Status page).

However, I still put the same values in the APN xml file.

I tried with the following combinations

rconnect with username,password as net, net

rconnect with username,password as 0xxxxxxxxxx, 0xxxxxxxxxx (which is actually 0 and then my mobile number)

rconnect with username,password as xxxxxxxxxx, xxxxxxxxxx (which is actually my mobile number)

I also tried apn= netconnect instead of rconnect and tried the above.

I also put authtype as 0 and then as 1

There is still no success.

Can someone share their APN settings with me?

Believe me. U need a proper sim card with proper *228 done. I have been there done that and saying this after much R&D

So, with the new SIM card, I had issues with activation. Lodged a complain yesterday.

Today, I got a call form some Mumbai office and they asked to try activation again while keeping the call on - on my other number.

The activation went through.

I then tested data after reboot and it worked fine as well.

EVDO did not work, so I sent a message for that and tried again, and EVDO started working.

Then I performed the changes for EVDO Rev.B, though that has not resulted in any improvements.

I am still testing.

Very interesting is that my account balance was Rs. 300 yesterday and today it is zero. I have only done some speed tests this morning and send service related messages.

What would be wrong?

all droid maxx users should give this a shot. seriously its not a placebo effect.

i have two chargers. one is motorola moto x dual usb which supports 1150 mah charging and another is my ipad charger which is 2 amp.

i tried using them both for continuos duration of a week at least. checked them with ampere app to see the amount of charge passing through.

the ipad charger not only charges it much faster as the phone accepts charge between 1200 mah to 1450 mah approx. the phone even holds the

charge much longer (one and a half day easily with constant data & occasional wifi/bluetooth) . where as with the motorola charger it takes around 800-900 mah charge and loses it within 24 hrs.

its worth giving it a shot if you have a 2 amp charger.

My Droid Maxx received a software update today named 24.13.3

I haven't installed it yet & so was wondering if this breaks compatibility with Reliance CDMA via Recruc06 Sim. Or any other significant changes.

If anyone has installed the same, please do share if this update can be installed safely. Thanks!

My Droid Maxx received a software update today named 24.13.3

I haven't installed it yet & so was wondering if this breaks compatibility with Reliance CDMA via Recruc06 Sim. Or any other significant changes.

If anyone has installed the same, please do share if this update can be installed safely. Thanks!

Nothing to worry about data and SIM compatibility. The new update is just a small security patch which fixes a few security flaws. So after the update temporary rooting with KingRoot will stop working.

Just to update you all that the software update No.24.13.3 does not do any damage to existing settings.

All fine after the update. Other users may take it.

Just to update you all that the software update No.24.13.3 does not do any damage to existing settings.

All fine after the update. Other users may take it.

thank you for testing for us all here