Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
digitalnirvana

Verizon Galaxy S3 not turning on - help please

(Apologies for not putting this in the S3 megathread)

I have a Verizon Galaxy S3 which has stopped turning on. For the last few days it would turn off abruptly without any warning message or sound. When turning off it would not go via the usual shutdown route. Just a black screen and no buttons responding.

I would pull the battery and then restart it. The problem became more frequent and today morning it shut down again. After that when restarting it was stuck on the GS3 splash screen. I pulled the battery and since then it has not started again

I have tested using two different batteries over the last few days and same result. Now neither battery is turning the phone on. Also I had checked the emmc brick bug using gplay app and it said sane chip and also memory test passed

Was on stock rooted 4.1

Service center said they cannot fix it as it is a non India IMEI. :( They did not even look at it, told this over the phone

Any idea please? It is my primary phone and am totally lost without it

Edited by digitalnirvana

hi ! when the phone was working when u inserted the battery back that time it used to start by itself or by pressing the power button ?

i suspect the power button is faulty ...

you can just put a battery in and connect charger or connect it to PC

you should see some activity on pc while connected via USB to pc

or just see if you can follow my mail

hi ! when the phone was working when u inserted the battery back that time it used to start by itself or by pressing the power button ?

i suspect the power button is faulty ...

It used to start after pressing the power button. When it turned off and after a batter pull, the following is the sequence

1. put in the battery

2. press the power button

3. phone vibrates

4. press the power button

5. phone vibrates again and splash screen comes

This was before it went dead completely. I was using a zerolemon extended battery and to test using stock battery I have ordered a new one from ebay. Earlier stock battery seems bloated though both batteries were holding normal charge and phone was working with both of them (with occasional abrupt switching off over last 3-4 days)

you can just put a battery in and connect charger or connect it to PC

you should see some activity on pc while connected via USB to pc

or just see if you can follow my mail

Plugged into charger but no led or no activity. Will test using PC once new battery arrives

Tried testing it. It seems surely hard bricked

- without battery on charger/usb - it shows red led and on connecting to pc it tries to install drivers and fails for qhsusb_dload

- with battery (tested on 3 batteries) - nothing

- vol up/down+power+home does nothing - no download mode.

- ried putting debrick file in sd and booting from it but did not work - so it is not a bootloader brick

Can it be JTAGed? I will be in Kol till weekend and then Mum for few months starting next week, would you have a look please if any of you has some time? @gauravjc @::Hitesh:: @KanishkGandharv @parin

Else will buy replacement mb

Edited by digitalnirvana

Tried testing it. It seems surely hard bricked

- without battery on charger/usb - it shows red led and on connecting to pc it tries to install drivers and fails for qhsusb_dload

- with battery (tested on 3 batteries) - nothing

- vol up/down+power+home does nothing - no download mode.

- ried putting debrick file in sd and booting from it but did not work - so it is not a bootloader brick

Can it be JTAGed? I will be in Kol till weekend and then Mum for few months starting next week, would you have a look please if any of you has some time? @gauravjc @::Hitesh:: @KanishkGandharv @parin

Else will buy replacement mb

Hi,

I do Jtag unbrick professionally, if you want, you may send it to me, I am at Gujarat. Please PM me for more details.