Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
praveenwarrier

RTO Mumbai Tax For Other State Registered Vehicle

Hello friends..Since I am nit able to start a new topic, I am putting this query here itself. Mods pls you may create a separate topic if required.

I am staying in Navi Mumbai and have a Kerala registered Santro which I am using here. Since it is in my wife's name (she is working for a PSU bank) we were ready to pay 6 yrs tax here but RTO Is demanding the full tax. We showed the documents which says the job is transferable but to no avail. Any advice pls ??

Sent from my iPad Air

Hello friends..Since I am nit able to start a new topic, I am putting this query here itself. Mods pls you may create a separate topic if required.

Sent from my iPad Air

>

This new topic created from topic Hyundai Santro headlight bulb

• Like 1

We had to pay full tax in Karnataka. After we moved the car to odisha, had to pay tax again, but the excess amount paid in bangalore was refunded.

• Like 1

You mean to say that period for which you were in Karnataka was only considered and rest amount was refunded?

Sent from my SPH-D710

That means you got the refund after deducting the tax calculated for the period you were in Karnataka, right?

Sent from my SPH-D710

Paid the full tax in karnataka with a KA number plate

Paid the partial amount in odisha when we shifted - Got OD number

Sent the docs to karnataka RTO and they refunded the amount from the date we paid the taxes at odisha.

Whole process took more than 2 months :(

In odisha they dont take the full tax for the vehicle's lifetime

• Like 3

Mumbai RTO is bad **S here,

They charge full TAX when coming to their city.

dont know about refund from your old city.

But here in mumbai , you need to pay full and taxes are much more compare to other cities.

if you are staying only for few months, then try to use it as it is.

• Like 1

If your car is old, they will minus the full tax amount according to the number of years old car. Supposing it is an eight year old car, they will minus eight years tax or some other calculation and eventually settle to around 40% of the initial lifetime tax paid in the home state registering authority. A good agent will give exact estimation without committing to pay Mumbai tax.

• Like 2