Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
::Hitesh::

Boost Moto G 4.4.4 Updates & FAQ [All Methods]

has anyone done an update to lollipop for moto G?

Hi Hitesh,

I did the big mistake of upgrading from 4.4.2 (boost moto g) to 4.4.4, without taking note of spc and other details

my phone is not rooted. After update there was no signal from Reliance for obvious reasons.

I did PRL update as you described in below presentation:

http://www.slideshare.net/hambarde/moto-g-prldatareliance

I used the Moto g ver3_final presentation.

I have not done the data dump write and HDR part coz I dont hv data dump.

After PRL update my phone is now catching Reliance Signal but I am not able to make any call/sms.

What so I need to do now?

Do I again need to go to Reliance Web World to activate/register my phone (MEID) to MDN?

If I need to go to web world again what all details I should ask from them so that I need not be in such situation again?

Thanks for your kind help. It really helps a lot. Thanks.

Anish

You need to put back your min number, while using my ppt you might had made your min zero.

MIN will give you call and sms back. But for data you need to get dump file from person who sold this phone to you or did registration for you.

Hi Guys

Any Process We Have To Follow Before Or After Updating To 4.4.4

I Mean Backup Of Dump File And SPC And Other Stuff ?

Or We Can Update Simply And Everything Will Work Like 4.3 Call And Data

Read first page of this topic , everything is mention in it.

hi

how to unable software update notification i had disable it, i want to update last 1.3 mb update i m not able to install the same,

Check that all system apps are defreezed, including MotorolaOTA 1.0

Than 1.3mb is not the last one.

Last of is approx 200mb , 4.4.4 update.

If you are rooted with twrp installed , you can use 400+mb zip to GI directly to 4.4.4.

Don't forget to backup.

hi

i have just find out MOto G 5.0 update

cm room has anyone tried ?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-g/development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-t2942491

I tried cm12 and mekoo lollipop versions, both are on but still in beta, so cannot be daily drivers.

It is not official boost update. This is GSM update , but can be used on cdma after radio update. This will mess things up. So wait for some time. And get boost update only.

has anyone done an update to lollipop for moto G?

Official lollipop may come next month, right now few custom Roms are available, you can try them . I am not happy with custom ROM as of yet.

Sent from my Falcon_CDMA (Moto G)

• Like 1

Hi Hitesh,

I recently bought a boost moto-g from reliance store which has v4.4.2.

I want to upgrade it to v4.4.4. I read through this thread n based on your comments, requested for prl n data dump from the store but was denied with a comment that this phone cannot be upgraded.

I need your help in getting this upgrade done. Please suggest the steps I must take.

Thanks n Regards,

Sandeep

Without data dump you cannot get data after update. All other things will work. Only 3g (evdo) will not work. Still you can get 1x data. You need that data dump for evdo.

Prl and other required softwares are already posted number of times in this forum.

I am on 4.4.2 rooted with twrp. Will I get ota

I am on 4.4.2 rooted with twrp. Will I get ota

I am not getting any ota

Sent from my XT1031 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

I am on 4.4.2 rooted with twrp. Will I get

Need to unroot first to get update....

did a hard reset in 4.4.4 now i am not able to get data working can you help me ?

did a hard reset in 4.4.4 now i am not able to get data working can you help me ?

did a system wipe from the recovery, installed 4.4.2 rom rooted but data is not working even after using phone flash

After hard reset you need to do reconfigure your data via dump and dfs method

i did auto programming using phoneflash.

i reprogrammed it using auto programme feature in phone flash, but i am not getting data, sms and calls are working fine.

Thank buddies , got it working without any help from the forum, this has happened for the first time that no one helped.

Got the invite from Motorola for soak test specific to Moto G 1st gen (boost). So update might be on the way.

• Like 1

Hitesh Bhai,

I have successfully upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.4 but getting mobile switch off. Data is working fine but not able to make phone and receive the call.

Please help.

Hitesh Bhai,

I have successfully upgraded to Kitkat 4.4.4 but getting mobile switch off. Data is working fine but not able to make phone and receive the call.

Please help.

You have to put MIN/MSID/IMSI Manually through

##SPC#

• Like 1

Hi Kapil,

Using CDMA Tool,

Entered value as mention below.

Under NAM ---> IMSI

MIN A # 000-000000

MIN D # 000-000000

MCC # 404

MNC # 00

Under Network Identification

Home

SID # 14655

NID # 65535

Please correct me if I am wrong. I had entred value but it didn't work.

Please help.

Hi Kapil,

Using CDMA Tool,

Entered value as mention below.

Under NAM ---> IMSI

MIN A # 000-000000

MIN D # 000-000000

MCC # 404

MNC # 00

Under Network Identification

Home

SID # 14655

NID # 65535

Please correct me if I am wrong. I had entred value but it didn't work.

Please help.

set parameters as shown in image

Get you MSID/MIN,its important

put MSID in

IMSI

MIN A

MIN D

post-82621-0-75131700-1424415706_thumb.j

Edited by Kapil Matey
  • Like 1

Hello,

I am not a guru or expert on CDMA, I just followed some links and unlocked my Moto G XT1031 and got the reliance network working on it. Thanks to RIM Guru Hitesh. I have changed the PRL and everything, but I am unable to activate data. As per my understanding I need to write the NV dump for Moto G for Reliance, which I am unable to find. I am not a CW used, I am just an individual who wants to get his moto G working. Can someone please help me with the data dump. I will be able to write it.

Also, I am unable to send SMS to when the number is saved with country code +91. If it starts with 0, the SMS works fine. Any suggestions.

Hello,

I am not a guru or expert on CDMA, I just followed some links and unlocked my Moto G XT1031 and got the reliance network working on it. Thanks to RIM Guru Hitesh. I have changed the PRL and everything, but I am unable to activate data. As per my understanding I need to write the NV dump for Moto G for Reliance, which I am unable to find. I am not a CW used, I am just an individual who wants to get his moto G working. Can someone please help me with the data dump. I will be able to write it.

Also, I am unable to send SMS to when the number is saved with country code +91. If it starts with 0, the SMS works fine. Any suggestions.

When and where did you buy your moto g. After that you must have got it registered to rcdma as you managed to get it working. The guy who registered it for you can provide nv dump file for data of your handset.
  • Like 1

I had tried a lot but didn't gone through.

I am not expert like team on rimweb.

is it possible to load Kitkat 4.4.4 via OTG. Why I am asking this because. I had tried to downgrade from kitkat 4.4.4 and it was unsuccessful. So now phone is completely dead.

So, Looking for genius people help to install Kitkat 4.4.4 or Lollipon via OTG cable or pen drive.

Please help.

if you have stock recovery use factory image

guide :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2542219

factory image :-http://www.filefactory.com/file/2krak4mqeqpp/ACG_XT1031_4.4.2_KXB20.9-1.10-1.43_CFC_1FF.xml.zip

if you are on twrp, update twrp to 2.7 unified version which have otg support.

then put rom zip on OTG and flash thru twrp.

Guide and download links :- http://androidforums.com/threads/rom-moto-g-stock-4-4-4-kxb21-14-l1-57-deodexed-and-unmodified-boost-mobile.837664/

after doing this, you need to load prl and data dump.

• Like 2

Dear Hitesh bhai,

Thanks a lot for your valuable reply,

I had done as step mention below.

1. Unlock the bootloader - ( got the code from Motorola Website)

2. Install TWRP 2.8 ( But this TWRP is not able to detect my Pen Drive on OTG Cable)

3. Mean I had download the factory image from -http://www.filefacto...CFC_1FF.xml.zip

4. then start the mobile on fastboot mode and install the Android OS. Android has been successfully but few thing is happening as mention below.

• Mobile is not able to run Wifi.
  • If we skip all thing without doing any kind of setup then mobile will automatically restart after certain minutes.

Please help

Feeling happy to see mobile desktop after longtime. Feeling that something is working. Now, we are few step ahead from failure.

Once again Thanks a lot Hiteshbhai,..

if... [/b]

Sir lollipop update is live now for Moto G boost. Please check if we can update and what will be the steps that may be needed for reflashing