Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Akhilesh Chowdary Bojedla

[Tutorial] How to unlock HTC ONE M8 SPRINT for GSM?

The process is more or less similar to that of htc one m7. So for those who already unlocked sprint htc one m7 this should be familiar.

Requirements:

1. This tutorial is independent of Android version whether it may be 4.4.2 or 4.4.3. Works on both stock and sense based custom ROM's. (Not tested on AOKP ROM's.). Works on both s-off and s-on devices.

2. You need to be rooted and bootloader needs to be unlocked. Here are the links that would show you how to do it.

http://theunlockr.com/2014/04/19/root-htc-one-m8-all-in-one-toolkit-method-video/ '> https://www.dropbox.com/s/74r6h5q6ft50z6j/SIM_UNLOCK.zip?dl=0 '> https://www.dropbox.com/s/74r6h5q6ft50z6j/SIM_UNLOCK.zip?dl=0

4. Download and install Terminal from play store.

5. Switch off the handset and boot to fastest.(By holding volume down and power button together ).

6. Once you are on fastboot screen navigate to recovery using volume buttons and press power button to boot to recovery.

7. One you are in recovery click on install (I'm presuming you installed twrp recovery, if not then do it according to that recovery). Now locate SIM_UNLOCK. zip and flash it. Reboot system after successful flash.

8. On Reboot:Open the Terminal Emulator from the app drawer

9. Type - su

10. Hit enter on your keyboard

11. After you see the # type this- am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity

12. Hit the enter key

13. Next you should see a menu listing 3 options as follows:

GUI

API

ROAMING OPTIONS

14. Select API

15. Once the API menu comes up, scroll down until you see - sim lock

16. Tap- sim lock. Wait until the gray highlight goes away and turns black again

17. Reboot and you are done.

18. If you see you that you have no network then dial *#*#4636#*#*. A menu will pop up. Select phone information then scroll down until you see 'select preferred network type'.

Change it to WCDMA preferred and that is. Now your network should pop-up.

This is permanent unlock and you can update your Android version in future.

Thank you.

• Like 7

@OP Is it possible to get native hotspot on stock rom for Sprint M8? Im seriously considering M8 as my next phone.

can m8 be modded for omh capabilities..

Now once done jst download ViperOne Rom N flash it with TWRP recovery n Enjoy the best tweakable rom available till date.. Go google it..

Sent from Pav$ HTC One M8 HK Edition by Tapatalk

can m8 be modded for omh capabilities..

S-off req for this

Yes s-off required. Sunshine tool can do it. I tried firewater but it didn't work for me. You can try your luck though. I think those who have 4.4.2 can get s-off through firewater.

Yeah. It depends on the Hboot version. Hboot x.x7 is not firewater sOFFable yet.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Hi...

I went through with all the step, but in step step 9 phone shows a message "Your activation could not be continued, Update Profile under system updates in settings ". And step 12 it shows a message "VDM Client has stopped unexpectedly". What's wrong with the my phone? Please help.

Hi...

I went through with all the step, but in step step 9 phone shows a message "Your activation could not be continued, Update Profile under system updates in settings ". And step 12 it shows a message "VDM Client has stopped unexpectedly". What's wrong with the my phone? Please help.

Pm me.. I will help you out.
  • Like 3

Hi...

Pm me.. I will help you out.

thanx..its working

• Like 1

Anybody has Sim Unlock helper apk? It seems to be missing from play store.

Guys, did anyone tried the latest 4.4.4? Does it lock away any working features like custom recovery support, root, CDMA ruim mode etc?

I am unable to get it unlocked. Can anyone help?

I am getting vDM client has stopped working error..

I got S-off. My phone is rooted and I am running the android 4.4.2 now. Sprint.

Still when i try to put "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity" in terminal I get vDM Client has stopped unexpectedly error.

What should I do now? Someone please help. Thanks.

Check if u r using stock rom.
Is its 4.4.2 try to s-off and then try.
Unroot and reroot.

I got S-off. My phone is rooted and I am running the android 4.4.2 now. Sprint.

Still when i try to put "am start com.redbend.vdmc/com.htc.omadm.test.TestMainActivity" in terminal I get vDM Client has stopped unexpectedly error.

What should I do now? Someone please help. Thanks.

I have same problem..M8 Sprint Harman Kardon with 4.4.2 Android version, and software number 1.55.605.2

Pls, help.

Thx

Tony

Hi, im from chile and i have an HTC One M8 Sprint.... working with my carrier now !!! :Sorprendido::Sorprendido::Sorprendido: thank you so much !!! i was about to surrender and accept my m8 as a paperweight...

for other users.... i was like this...

HTC One M8 Harman Kardon Sprint (Sim Locked)

android 4.4.4

sense 6.0

ROM: Bad Boyz Sprint ONE M8 Harman v2.1 ART

API SDK: 6.25

Baseband: 1.08.20.0916

Unlocked Bootloader

Super user

Rooted device

TWRP

Thanks again...!!

• Like 1

Good to see that our forum is getting famous day by day. Keep the good work going on guys. :)

I am having the same vdm client error with Android version 4.4.3 and Software version 2.16.654.4. I have rooted it but firewater doesn't let me s-off. Any help would be appreciated.