Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dextrus

Wap access to Yahoo & MSN

I tried today to open yahoo's WAP site from R-Surf's Go to... option, but there was some problem It replyed me "UNABLE TO FETCH RESPONSE".

Yahoo's wap site is http://wap.yahoo.com

If anybuddy can success, please tell me How to do that?

How to access wap site through R-Surf? and What's it use?

This happens to yahoo all the times.. may be becuase of yahoo's tie up with other mobile providers. hope reliance soon tie up with yahoo and msn.

On Wap browser on my PC that site works good all the time.

I tried today to open yahoo's WAP site from R-Surf's Go to... option, but there was some problem It replyed me "UNABLE TO FETCH RESPONSE".

Yahoo's wap site is http://wap.yahoo.com

If u are trying to access Yahoo IM..

then the wap site address is http://mm.yahoo.com/

It will take you to Yahoo Messenger site.. :)

for u to want msn messenger. check out the site http://e-messenger.net .. that site has a wap version!. u can get the url from the site !.

that works. i actually checked it out !. but that is really slow when loggin in!.

Yeh i had tried this sometime back.. but i dont think it works properly in lg 2030 handset...

Bcz in the wap in my phone lg 2030.. it shows "Downloading.." continuously even when there is full signal. So i cant message anybody... I have tried keeping the phone like tat for more than 30 mins... but it jus downloads the initial page again and again.. with a progress "Downloading..." And we wont even be able to exit properly..

bcz when the message "Downloading..." is displayed... we wont be able to navigate the page.

I think my phone keeps showing tat message bcz the connection is always alive with the e-messenger.net server. :clap: Anybody got any idea?

hey ashok,

u must b knowing this .. but anyways for those who dont, when ur in R world and u wanna come out without going back to the previous menu, just keep the end button pressed in lg 2030 ... press it for about 7 sec and it'll get out of r world ... dont know if it works on other models ..

when ur in R world and u wanna come out without going back to the previous menu, just keep the end button pressed in lg 2030 ... press it for about 7 sec and it'll get out of r world ... dont know if it works on other models ..

You are right! We can exit like that whenever we want... :clap:

Wat i mean to say was once we access that site.. we have to cancel the whole stuff and get R-surf from the menu to browse another site... its like a program getting stuck in windows and we close it using "End task" in Task Manager :D

Yes ashok, you are right,

Maybe its cause the mobile has only one broweser running...

So how can you open multiple windows...

You can of course navigate away to other windows by using the goto option...

yeh, but exiting the way u said by pressing END key... keeps u logged in to YahooMessenger etc. It doesn't disconnect u from the server! And ur frenz might think u r still online!

Lets hope that these issues will be resolved by Reliance after March 31st :help:

RIMweb people dont waste your time on the silly R-Surf messengers they are totally downtrodden. Sometimes a site is accessible and sometimes the same isnt. Dont think its wap, its wap + something in Reliance. :clap:

yea, ur right. I also have LG rd2030. The phone seems unable to properly communicate with the server. I dont know whether its bandwidth problem or what///

What i know is that these problems are fewer on the samsung sch191 model...

cause we tried this me an my friend tried to access yahoo together. He got connected and im ( well lets say still trying... :clap: )

Now a days the problem is frequent. Earlier i used to get connected faster....

At the customer care... they say, alot depends on how charged is ur battery !! I feel its all crap... Its the handset prob! Simple...

Hi Friends,

I am sure most of the guys posted in this topic must have visited rimweb topic "read/write/ Yahoo/MSN mail using r-SURF" AT http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=332

If not,then visit the above mentioned link and access your Yahoo!,Hotmail,MSN,AOL e-mail A/c from mymail. :D

However it won't give you access to use your messenger a/c. :D

Dr.Samir B.Amin

Baroda

www.sbamin.com

I tried mm.yahoo.com but its not working can any body tell me any other way to yahoo messenger its replaying me as"unable to fetch response".

any one out there.. knows any alternative/direct method to logon to yahoo messenger from this stupid reliancehand set( i m using rd2030 )???

Respond.. its time !!! :rolleyes:

Recently yahoo made some modifications in their system so that

some wap emulators cannot access yahoo messenger wap site..

I guess that caused probs with Reliance Wap :quest:

Well still try accessing http://in.wap.yahoo.com/

and select Yahoo Messenger to the bottom <_<

hello ashok !.

r u sure that u are able to access that link that uve given !. coz the browser on my phone LGRD2030 goes on endlessly (downloading.....) :blink: and never returns with a web page..

Yahoo site claims it is http://in.wap.yahoo.com but it doesnt work too...

:)

about "downloading" when accessing "www.e-messenger.net"...

The phone only shows downloading because the way e-messenger guys have implemented the messneger...

to refresh the contact list and update it continually... these guys keep on refreshing the page after every 1 min... now the browser on LGRD2030 is so slow that it refreshes the page in 1 min.. and before it shows the page completely.. its time for new refresh... :)

probably this might be the reason that most of the site end up "downloading" stuff... good thought man !

Yes, I used to access yahoo wap site, myyahoo.com through RD2030, but ever since yahoo and msn made tie-up with Hutch / Orange they want to milk money, which reliance might not agreed. So it is very simple for them to ignore the request from reliance servers.

I even tried access wap.yahoo.sg ( singapore server) but same story now.

And the downloading part, which other wap/GPRS operators allows are not possible here. ( Ringtones, games, wallpapers)

I think Reliance is banning them to avoid mess-up.

-HotGuy

It might not be that they ignored the stuffs from Reliance servers and all..

The others had tie up for services via sms and the wap service is absolutely free..

I think the changes were done to restrict the emulators to access the

messenger wap site.. And in this process it now doesnt work with the browsers of Reliance..

But it still work with other GPRS phones ;)

• Like 1

hi friends.. i had accessed the Yahoo wap site on RD2030 . :D . but could not get to reach the Yahoo messenger wap location. :( . the only thing i have done is that i have used the "google goto" for accessing the link www.wap.yahoo.co.in site..

The above link doesnt turn up every time.. some times we wil have the same as ever problem "downloading...." and some times i have opened the site. and also was able to login using my yahoo id.. The problem is that nothings working after that.. to reach "google goto" .. just visit google.com on ur wap and then go for search options and in that u can find this link the last in the list.

see if there is some other alternative like this.. ;)

Hi all,

I have seen yahoo messenger link somewhere in rworld. I worked with it too a few months back, But recently I found that link has disappeared, does anybody know how to access yahoo msngr from rworld?

Thanks

Sathish