Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhijeetv2

Will this imported CDMA phone work with RUIM of indian Operators?

i got invoice of PPObox for LG Tribute

Rs.1646....

How much total cost of item?

How much total cost of item?

LG Tribute (Sprint)

Rs.2650 ($39.99)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Tribute-LTE-Android-Smartphone-works-with-Sprint-Prepaid-NEW-/141522998433

Customs+Shipping from PPO with Insurance(Differs 4m tym2tym)

RS.1646

Edited by Kapil Matey

Rs. 1646 is bit more. iShopinternational charges only Rs. 1008. Now there is a 40% shipping discount also. So the total charge is only rs . 800

iShop customer service is also good.

International Shipping: Rs. 504 (rs 200 discount on shipping)

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 504

Rs. 1646 is bit more. iShopinternational charges only Rs. 1008. Now there is a 40% shipping discount also. So the total charge is only rs . 800

yes,you are correct but ishop/GEB wont buy the phone as they both are same.....

GEB uses ishop to import....

^ Yep. IShop is better. I bought one for Rs 3352 and another for Rs 2618 all incl through iShop.

Well, it is available from Bestbuy or RadioShack for the same $39.99. You are not restricted to eBay alone.

Edited by varkey
  • Like 2

^ Yep. IShop is better. I bought one for Rs 3352 and another for Rs 2618 all incl through iShop.

Well, it is available from Bestbuy or RadioShack for the same $39.99. You are not restricted to eBay alone.

:GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos: :GirandoOjos:

I havent tried Bestbuy but Amazon.com Charges Tax so the total value increases by $4-5

www.amazon.com/LG-Tribute-Black-Contract-Prepaid/dp/B00O15EGPA

Items: $39.99

Shipping & handling: $5.33

Free shipping: -$5.33

Total before tax: $39.99

Estimated tax to be collected: $3.55

Edited by Kapil Matey

^ Even BestBuy / RadioShack charges tax, but iShop doesn't seem to be including that in the price. Not sure why.

Item Description: Sprint Prepaid - LG Tribute No-Contract Cell Phone - White/Black

Qty 1

As described in the U.S. website below:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sprint-prepaid-lg-tribute-no-contract-cell-phone-white-black/8873134.p?id=1219422156582&skuId=8873134

Shipped directly from US retailer to you in India!

Total all-inclusive cost of item for delivery to India based on current exchange ­­­­rates will be:

Rs. 3,352

Item price, local shipping, taxes: Rs. 2,519

International Shipping: Rs. 176

Duty, Taxes, & Fees: Rs. 657

- DISCOUNT - Rs.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL Rs. 3,352

I havent tried Bestbuy but Amazon.com Charges Tax so the total value increases by $4-5

Try Radioshack, there is no tax.

RadioShack also charges tax in NY and NJ.

thanx....

we can buy from Amazon.com or radioshack through ishop...there are no qty.restrictions....

Can anybody confirm how to get this phone working on omh reliance? How much would it cost or any tutorial?

Hi All,

Yesterday i received my LG tribute. Got the MSL/SPC using the ting activation method. Could you please guide me what else needs to be done to make it work with Reliance CDMA?

I found a method to find the MSL code for LG Tribute. I was able to put the phone into SIM mode. I don't have any SIM right now to test. I personally think that taking money for this 'hack' is unethical. This community has helped a lot and I think it's my duty to give something back.

To put things in a short manner,when you activate the device on Ting,you will get the MSL/SPC. To activate,you just need to go to ting website and proceed from there. Hope this helps somebody.

Thanks, this page has more info about it for those interested.

http://piiis.blogspot.in/2014/10/how-to-use-sprint-lg-tribute-with-page.html

I just did this and got my SPC by email immediately. You just need to input the MEID and the ICC ID, both are printed on the outer box itself. I had to add a payment method, but I used a Virtual CC added to an Amazon account and used that as the payment source. You do not need to perform the actual activation on the device, I don't think it would work from India anyway. I haven't got the device in my hands yet, just asked my friend in US to send a pic of the barcode at the bottom with the MEID info.

I suppose if you use a referral link, you would get 25 USD as Ting credit, so payment may not be required. If anyone is interested you may use mine -- https://z9q7jd3mm79.ting.com/

Thanx Varkey...

The Free & Easiest way to get MSL/SPC OF LG TRIBUTE in 2-3 Minutes...

Step 1:

Signup/signin or use Amazon Account to Login on

https://z60qpd32f89.ting.com/

Step 2:

Click on Activate Tab & Enter Below Details

(Keep Below Details Handy)

MEID

ICC ID

Zip Code(i used 10018,New york it worked for me)

Virtual Credit/debit Card

Step 3:

You will receive Mail with MSL/SPC.

if you think above things are complicated,then you can buy MSL/SPC from below Link

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Unlock-Code-SPC-LG-LS660-SPRINT-Boost-Mobile-CODE-SPC-1-30min-/181624125269

Edited by Kapil Matey

Thanks Kapil,

I got the SPC/MSL. What next? How to configure it for reliance CDMA.

Using DFS i have changed the configuration to RUIM only. But the phone says invalid card. Any idea how to make it work?

Sorry I'm new to programming.

Edited by iamrafic

Thanks Kapil,

Using DFS i have changed the configuration to RUIM only. But the phone says invalid card. Any idea how to make it work?

How much did it cost?

Thanks Kapil,

How much did it cost?

You can get the MSL code for free when you activate your mobile on Ting.

More info: http://piiis.blogspot.in/2014/10/how-to-use-sprint-lg-tribute-with-page.html

Now calls and sms working fine. the only thing pending is data. When i enable data it says "Unable to establish a wireless data connection".

Experts Please help.

How did you get call and Msg.?

How did you get call and Msg.?

Just Make it RUIM only mode.....

Hi,

After making LG tribute to RUIM only I tried Cropped MICRO sim, but its not working. Says "Invalid Card". Even i bought a new MINI sim and cropped to MICRO sim , but still getting the same message.

But when i insert the reliance store provide MICRO SIM, calls and SMS works perfectly.

I'm not sure why its not working on cropped SIM's.

And data is not working, getting error "Unable to establish wireless data connection".

• Like 1

Hi,

After making LG tribute to RUIM only I tried Cropped MICRO sim, but its not working. Says "Invalid Card". Even i bought a new MINI sim and cropped to MICRO sim , but still getting the same message.

But when i insert the reliance store provide MICRO SIM, calls and SMS works perfectly.

And data is not working, getting error "Unable to establish wireless data connection".

your cropped sim might be an old reliance sim..old sims didnt worked for new phones...

new sims are OMH

Edited by Kapil Matey

your cropped sim might be an old sim..old sims didnt worked for new phones...

Any specific series to look out for? I mean how to distinguish an 'OLD' sim vs a 'NEW' one?

New SIM = company provided microsims, I believe..

tap'n frm HTC desire 816d on R-CDMA / R-GSM

Hi,

your cropped sim might be an old reliance sim..old sims didnt worked for new phones...

new sims are OMH

The sims which i used are MFD on - 06/2014. And it says RGERUC*****OMH.