Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhijeetv2

Will this imported CDMA phone work with RUIM of indian Operators?

your cropped sim might be an old sim..old sims didnt worked for new phones...

Any specific series to look out for? I mean how to distinguish an 'OLD' sim vs a 'NEW' one?

i dont know,but i used pre-cutted Micro sim RECRUC06 Series.

On LG tribute and lg volt reliance OMH sim other than RGERUC series works

your cropped sim might be an old sim..old sims didnt worked for new phones...

Any specific series to look out for? I mean how to distinguish an 'OLD' sim vs a 'NEW' one?

i dont know,but i used pre-cutted Micro sim RECRUC06 Series.

@Kapil, Whether EVDO working for you on LG Tribute.

^ You mentioned you got new SIM, did you reactivate EVDO?

^ You mentioned you got new SIM, did you reactivate EVDO?

Yes, Its activated. Atleast 1x should work , but its not working. When I enable data i'm getting "Unable to establish wireless data connection".

On LG tribute and lg volt reliance OMH sim other than RGERUC series works

Hi Pritam,

I used the cropped MICRO SIM, it says Invalid CARD. But pre cut micro SIM works perfectly. Any additional things need to be done for cropped sims. And What needs to be done for EVDO.?

Lgv tribute unlocked with evdo rev b support selling on eBay India. Then even users here should get the privilege. Experts should intervene.

Thanks to all rim gurus I have done my zte engage

So I got the Tribute in my hands, set the mode to RuimOnly and the calls/SMS started working. But I'm getting the same message as @iamrafic when enabling data.

Btw it is a cut RUIM not a micro sim issued by RIM.

from where n for hw much did u order the tribute? it's the sprint version right?

@Varkey, Yesterday I bought a new precut micro sim from Reliance store. Even that sim also not working with data. Not even 1x.

So I got the Tribute in my hands, set the mode to RuimOnly and the calls/SMS started working. But I'm getting the same message as @iamrafic when enabling data.

Looks like I got data working finally, using the same cut sim.

gal53vf.png

I don't know what exactly fixed it, but I played around with QPST and DFS without the RUIM inserted, made couple of changes. Inserted the RUIM and restarted, and data just worked.

Summary of the changes

1. Changed the NV MCC MNC to 404 00

2. Disabled Sprint Mobile IP profiles and created a new one and activated with NAI as NET

3. Changed NV Mode to SimpleIP

But the problem now is that the handsfree activation message keeps popping up, I have to switch to Airplane mode and back to remove it. Any ideas on disabling it permanently?

• Like 3

Looks like I got data working finally, using the same cut sim.

gal53vf.png

I don't know what exactly fixed it, but I played around with QPST and DFS without the RUIM inserted, made couple of changes. Inserted the RUIM and restarted, and data just worked.

Summary of the changes

1. Changed the NV MCC MNC to 404 00

2. Disabled Sprint Mobile IP profiles and created a new one and activated with NAI as NET

3. Changed NV Mode to SimpleIP

But the problem now is that the handsfree activation message keeps popping up, I have to switch to Airplane mode and back to remove it. Any ideas on disabling it permanently?

Fir disabling handsfreee, i think rooting is required. Need to rename the OmaDmclient.apk to OmaDmclient.bak.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2589330

Since there is no root available yet, I guess we have to live with it.

Downgrade and use towelroot.

Just saw an ad on OLX-Mumbai regarding LG-Tribute sale, with EVDO-Rev Band without any handsfree activation error and working hotspot. It indicates that it can be rooted. We may have to do some work on it OR XDA may help.

all users who've got their Lg tribute from which site you were able to buy - geb / amazon / radioshack / bestbuy or which forwarder ppobox / ishop, my geb order were getting cancelled thats why asking here

Downgrade and use towelroot.

Downgrade to which version? Currently I'm on 4.4.2 with the ZV3 rom. More info please. :)

does this work? - http://www.how-to-root.club/mp3-0/lg-tribute-6812.html

I will give it a try and post an update.

all users who've got their Lg tribute from which site you were able to buy - geb / amazon / radioshack / bestbuy or which forwarder ppobox / ishop, my geb order were getting cancelled thats why asking here

BestBuy / Amazon / RadioShack etc through iShopInternational. PPOBox or any forwarders also will work. Yes GEB orders keep getting canceled, I tried twice.

can you please also post how did u buy it? which package forwarder u used? bought from ebay or bestbuy etc? what was the total cost for shipping etc?

Edited by CHEESEX147

Just saw an ad on OLX-Mumbai regarding LG-Tribute sale, with EVDO-Rev Band without any handsfree activation error and working hotspot. It indicates that it can be rooted. We may have to do some work on it OR XDA may help.

Interesting, below is the link to the Olx page. Then I guess we would be able to get it rooted, at least temporarily and make the required changes.

http://olx.in/item/brand-new-lg-tribute-cdma-omh-sim-android-kitkat-IDSsSwp.html

does this work? - http://www.how-to-root.club/mp3-0/lg-tribute-6812.html

I will give it a try and post an update.

Looks like some survey scam. I don't think there is anything genuine there.

What about LG VOLT. Will that work here in india and to get efficiently

there is no hotsopt in LG tribute....

There is, its just need to enabled I guess

http://www.lg.com/us/cell-phones/lg-LS660P-Sprint-tribute/technical-specifications

http://devicehelp.boostmobile.com/scenario/Tribute/Boost_Mobile/en/Turn_the_Wi-Fi_Hotspot_On_or_Off