Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

How To Unlock iPhone 6 Sprint

I came to know about this trick. I do not have any sprint iPhone 6. So, I request anybody to test it and confirm the same

• Sprint Activation (Manual):
  • Step 1: Write down your SIM card serial number.
  • Step 2: Put your SIM card in the iPhone 6.
  • Step 3: Press “*2″ to contact Sprint. One of the employees will contact you and activation your SIM card to be used on the iPhone 6.
  • STEP 4: Once your SIM has been activated, connect your iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus to computer and start iTunes.

STEP 5: Now press on the restore button and it will start restoring your iPhone. Make sure you create a backup before doing this, as it will erase all your data.

STEP 6: Once the restoring process has been completed, it will show a message saying your iPhone has been successfully unlocked.

unlock-iPhone-6-1024x311.png

That is it folks, if you have followed the steps correctly your new iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus should be unlocked and that too for free.

• Like 2

Shouldn't we be in the USA for this to reach Sprint?

Yes, before importing the phone, the procedure has to be done in USA only. This trick was meant for the persons, who purchased the phone with contact and intended to unlock it for free.

I understand that, the trick will work with properly activated phones of sprint on contact

Edited by Guru Gopal

and just out of curiosity will this work on reliance CDMA or is there any model that can work on Reliance CDMA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-GSM-and-CDMA-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-Model-A1586/281663842891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4194792a4b

and just out of curiosity will this work on reliance CDMA or is there any model that can work on Reliance CDMA.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-iPhone-6-64GB-GSM-and-CDMA-Factory-Unlocked-Smartphone-Model-A1586/281663842891?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4194792a4b

Can anyone confirm this please :|

Believe me do not try any iPhone 6 or 6+ for Reliance CDMA OMH. As off now, you will not get any success, unless, Reliance officially starts. Start trails after Jailbreak available.

Forgot to inform, above procedure posted on original posting not working, I tried already.

I actually am rather curious about iPhone 6 Plus. I am using iPhone 6 plus 128 GB Model number A1524 purchased in India. It is the Global/Sprint version with network supports including:

UMTS/HSPA+ DC-HSDPA - 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

CDMA EV-DO - 800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

TD-SCDMA - 1900 (F), 2000 (A)

LTE Bands (4G) - FDD-LTE (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29); TD-LTE (38, 39, 40, 41)

What I want to know is why can't it run reliance in it? Its meant for Sprint!

Source

I actually am rather curious about iPhone 6 Plus. I am using iPhone 6 plus 128 GB Model number A1524 purchased in India. It is the Global/Sprint version with network supports including:

UMTS/HSPA+ DC-HSDPA - 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

CDMA EV-DO - 800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz

TD-SCDMA - 1900 (F), 2000 (A)

LTE Bands (4G) - FDD-LTE (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 28, 29); TD-LTE (38, 39, 40, 41)

What I want to know is why can't it run reliance in it? Its meant for Sprint!

Source

if you want to use it for voice and SMS, you are lucky. you can do with RGE sim and Hiecard. but data as off now only with specially programmed sim.

hiecard is Gevy sim (it is like film with chip) and RGE sim is a CDMA sim card of Reliance.

Hi

Am using reliance CDMA I am planning to buy iphone 6 , I tried my sim in Indian Iphone 6 its not working some of websites says DFS programmed sim works, and some claims in ebay that calls / data / normal text will work fine, but no SMS / texts can be received from Banks and other portals with text as sender ID..

Is anyone have checked this or tried ??

Any issues with programmed SIM, do we need to buy a phone from USA or overseas to use the specially programmed sim, what happens to our number during the transition period.. like when we give our number to the cdmatool or someone else for dfs programming, does the orginal sim also works ??

And can we use other sim the phone if doesnt work with DFS prgrammed sim..

A lot of confusions and questions araising

Pls kindly clarify..

when cdma part of reliance is going to be shutdown, it is unnecessary to go with DFS sim. I think 4g sim of reliance should work in sprint phone also.

Excuse my ignorance but what is RGE sim and hiecard?

Forget it now and upgrade to 4g

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk