Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
papikondalu

No incoming messages on Samsung S4 Mini

I recently bought a Samsung S4 Mini for use with Reliance. The voice, data and SMS worked after inserting the micro-RUIM card. However, within a day, the incoming SMS stopped working. The voice incoming and outgoing calls work. The 3G connection works as usual. The outgoing SMS also works.

I did a full factory reset and the incoming SMS worked again for a day and then stopped working. The voice, data, and outgoing SMS work as usual !

The android version is 4.4.2, model no is SPH-L520.

Please suggest a fix to this problem

Regards

-PK

Any updates on this? Same issue on Note 4! Please help, Sms works fine on GSM

I flashed the Sprint ROM - did not help. Did a system update - did not help. Tried not to do a app restore from Google - did not work :(

I installed a custom ROM from XDA (only one available for this phone). It did not work.

I don't know where the problem is. There were some old messages about S3 where users had issues with the default messaging app, and some of them had success with changing the messaging app. Changing to another messaging app did not work for me.

Finally it worked - "did a factory reset, did not do a app restore - manually installed all apps from play store" - so far the incoming messages are working for more than a week now. Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that this week extends into months :) I am not sure if this will help others having a similar problem.

-PK

The incoming messages stopped again. Looks like some random behavior.

Any clues about how and where to start? If I insert this RUIM card in another mobile, the incoming messages work (It appears to be more of a software issue on the phone)

-pK

Hi gurus,

Facing the same problem. No incoming text message on Samsung s4 mini L520 sprint on 4.2.2 with baseband VPUAMK1.... Ruim card used is REC series voice data working , outgoing text msg also working but incoming text message is not coming.

Gurus please help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^ NO method to solve.

Hi Team,

I am having samsung galaxy note 4 sprint andfacing same issues. I am unable to recieve incoming messages while using reliance cdma. Its working fine with gsm provider. So can anyone help meout on this.

Hi gurus ,

Pls provide a solution for the "Incoming Text Message not coming" on samsung s4 mini L520 on Reliance OMH Cdma Ruim sim card.....

ONLY SURE SHOT REMEDY -- TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER TO NEW RUIM ( USE RGERUC SERIES MICRO SIM )... MIND IT DONT DO OTA (*228)IN SPRINT SAMSUNG PHONE EVER . ONLY USE ANY BASIC LG RD SERIES PHONE RD3510 OR EQUAL FOR *228 PROCESS.

@cdmaexpert

RGERUC series sim says "invalid Sim " in S4 mini Sprint .....the Only Series that is working in RECRUC..that's with me ....plz guide if RGE series can work with this phone ????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ONLY SURE SHOT REMEDY -- TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER TO NEW RUIM ( USE RGERUC SERIES MICRO SIM )... MIND IT DONT DO OTA (*228)IN SPRINT SAMSUNG PHONE EVER . ONLY USE ANY BASIC LG RD SERIES PHONE RD3510 OR EQUAL FOR *228 PROCESS.

Doesn't work

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk 2

TESTED 100% SURE SHOT REMEDY

STEP 1

TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER TO NEW RUIM RECRUC SERIES PRECUT MICRO RUIM ONLY .

SPECIAL NOTE -- ( DON'T USE RGERUC SERIES RUIM FOR SPRINT SAMSUNG )...

STEP 2

MIND IT DON'T DO OTA (*228) IN SPRINT SAMSUNG PHONE EVER .

ONLY USE ANY BASIC LG RD SERIES PHONE RD3510 OR EQUAL ( BASIC NON EVDO LG) FOR *228 PROCESS.

ALL DONE RESTART YOUR PHONE BY REMOVING BATTERY INSERT AFTER 5 MINUTE .

TESTED 100% SURE SHOT REMEDY

STEP 1

TRANSFER YOUR NUMBER TO NEW RUIM RECRUC SERIES PRECUT MICRO RUIM ONLY .

SPECIAL NOTE -- ( DON'T USE RGERUC SERIES RUIM FOR SPRINT SAMSUNG )...

STEP 2

MIND IT DON'T DO OTA (*228) IN SPRINT SAMSUNG PHONE EVER .

ONLY USE ANY BASIC LG RD SERIES PHONE RD3510 OR EQUAL ( BASIC NON EVDO LG) FOR *228 PROCESS.

ALL DONE RESTART YOUR PHONE BY REMOVING BATTERY INSERT AFTER 5 MINUTE .

Is this spam? I just said it doesn't work.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo using Tapatalk 2

i defer to this remedy *228 in S4 Mini Sprint wont make any Issue, Infact is better to do *228 on that handset

• Like 2

<please excuse me for posting similar message on some other similar thread>

What is the difference between RECRUC06 series and RG series?

Here is what I observed recently. Whenever, I absolutely need messaging, I'll put the SIM card in my old Lenovo phone get the messages, and then put the SIM card back in Samsung Mini phone. To my surprise, the incoming SMS works on the Samsung phone for few hours after I move the SIM from Lenovo phone, and then I cannot receive anymore messages. This switching works many times (if I give few days gap between each of these switches). Does this point to some programming that is not yet done on this phone, which is causing Rcom to stop SMS to this phone because of some improper handshake (if any)?

Note: For several weeks even outgoing SMS does not work from this phone :(

-PK

<please excuse me for posting similar message on some other similar thread>

What is the difference between RECRUC06 series and RG series?

Here is what I observed recently. Whenever, I absolutely need messaging, I'll put the SIM card in my old Lenovo phone get the messages, and then put the SIM card back in Samsung Mini phone. To my surprise, the incoming SMS works on the Samsung phone for few hours after I move the SIM from Lenovo phone, and then I cannot receive anymore messages. This switching works many times (if I give few days gap between each of these switches). Does this point to some programming that is not yet done on this phone, which is causing Rcom to stop SMS to this phone because of some improper handshake (if any)?

Note: For several weeks even outgoing SMS does not work from this phone :(

-PK

On Samsung phones RG series is required to have Internet / data working otherwise only calls and sms work on RE series

also with some other manufacturers