Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
mgdelhi

MTS Data Card can't be re-used once disconnected ?

I bought MTS Mblaze Ultra Wifi Data card @1200 on 5th April which was activated on 8th April, 2014. I got Rs.999 plan with 40GB data per month.

After using it for few days, I felt satisfied and contacted Airtel to surrender my Airtel wired broadband (because of Airtel's insane pricing). Airtel offered me an excellent retention plan which I accepted.

So, I requested MTS to terminate my number. They didn't reply to my emails but when I posted this on Twitter/Facebook, they told me the due amount which I paid same day (24th April, 2014). I was told that the number is terminated and I have no dues.

Last week (after 7 months of disconnection), a friend wanted to buy similar data card and I offered him my data card. He took it to MTS shop and they told him that this data card is permanently disabled and it can not be re-activated in his or my name.

I find it quite strange that the data card I bought can't be used on MTS (or any other network) even after 7 months of paying what they asked.

The model of MTS Mblaze Ultra Wifi Data card is LAVA DF800.

I am raising this query here to know what option I have to use this card.

Thanks.

That's the company policy. You can post to Consumer Forum.

I guess there are ways to unlock the device and use it with a RUIM. But have you tried a different shop. They get commission on new devices, so would not be interested in activating old devices, even if it was possible from the Company side.

• Like 1

I could not find any information about unlocking it.

I didn't try with a different shop but the person checked the device's details in the database and then answered. I will ask some other shop also.

Any MTS expert on-board here ?

OFF Topic

I know that reliance CDMA data cards can be re used if the bill for previous number is cleared.

Just wanted to know the following:

1. What are the charges involved - The Reliance store guy took Rs300 from me.

2. How many days are required for conversion? - I was told 7 days :(

How true is the info provided and how valid are the charges?

can i unlock my ZTE AC2746 MTS mblaze

Yes

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk