Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

With a soft launch expected later this month in at least a few cities for Jio services, here are their preview websites that are getting ready for the launch. :clap1:

jioconnect.com appears to be the portal for Jio MiFi, WiFi & FTTH services. The preview website is available at: http://preview.jioconnect.com:7777/

FAQ page has lots of information: http://preview.jioconnect.com:7777/cs/jio/support.html

jioworld.com seems to be the website for the Jio World app for connecting to Jio WiFi hotspots from your phone. Apps are not seen in Play Store or iTunes store yet. The preview website is accessible here: http://49.40.2.94:8080/cgi-bin/gl_productpage.py

FAQ page for the Jio World app is accessible at: http://www.jioworld.com/wordpress/frequently-asked-questions/

jio.com is the primary website for Reliance Jio, but I couldn't find any preview website for it yet. wifi.jio.com was listed in the FAQs as intranet login URL for Jio WiFi services.

I think they will initially (later this month?) start MiFi service, WiFi hostspots and FTTH along with the digital media services in a few cities. When I called up the newly opened Reliance Digital Xpress Mini store in Trivandrum, they said that it is unlikely to start this month here.

4G/VoLTE services on your handset like a conventional mobile service provider might be starting later next year only, probably since the network isn't ready yet in all circles and everywhere. A full fledged network is needed for that.

Interestingly, there is a "Volte Basic Offer" listed in the products page though with not much details. There is also a "K Touch" phone picture in the home page which is a Chineese brand: http://www.k-touch.cn/en/lte

Also interesting to see this in the FAQ: "If you move out of 4G coverage area, you will be automatically latched on to 2G/3G network" - they don't have a 2G/3G network to fallback though? :mellow:

The listed MiFi devices use Band 40 (2300 Mhz), could they be looking to use Band 3 (1800 Mhz) for handsets later?

I'm not sure if the Rs.1 and Rs.4 for FTTH (installation charge?) are placeholders to be updated earlier or could they be actual pricing considering that it's from Mukesh Ambani? :surprise:

If you find any other scoops, please post here!

In case the links are removed, please find the screenshots below

post-1-0-29155600-1417513599_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-30479700-1417513602_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26536800-1417513605_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-52217800-1417513607_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-96190700-1417513609_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-48866400-1417513612_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-76610600-1417513614_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-06254800-1417513617_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-08269500-1417513620_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

I wish the pricing for FTTH is actual and hope the monthly plans will also be awesome :D

This looks good. So no mobile for now. They want us to use data first.

Portal design is too basic. I don't believe these pages are going to be used by Jio.

Its a dummy portal.

Expect a far better portal guys!

The apps listed by Arun look like a complete ecosystem (Google-esque in a way)

Edited by digitalnirvana

RJio, I am waiting so loong with my OnePlus ONE (supports both Band40 and Band3 LTE -- another such phone is xiaomi RedmiNote 4G)...

OMG... What will happen to Airtel 4G, which asks arm and leg for few GB of data??

Both those phones would support Reliance jiyo? How'd one plus one?

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

great as always

Edited by digitalnirvana

Hetal ji... RJio in Nasik?? or You are away, say Mumbai???

I think Hetal Ji is in RJIO ....

Sent From Samsung Galaxy AXIOM

Edited by prihir

Hetal bhai, I also want RJio.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Hetal ji... RJio in Nasik?? or You are away, say Mumbai???

bhai woh toh Nasik main hai. Network uske paas aaya hai. :censored3:

I pulled my phone ! Started Google Maps iot says Location unknown ! :):censored3:

• Like 1

Just a quick question. Will reliance be providing its 4G data services on 1800Mhz or 2300Mhz in Delhi region?

^^ As Jio got 1800 mhz few months back, it's obvious that Jio 4G will be launched over 2.3Ghz band all over India. They will use 1800mhz band almost 1 year after.

^^ As Jio got 1800 mhz few months back, it's obvious that Jio 4G will be launched over 2.3Ghz band all over India. They will use 1800mhz band almost 1 year after.

With the launch date pushed to the second half of 2015, we can now expect both 2300 Mhz and 1800 Mhz from the beginning as well? It was allotted by DoT in October.