Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Guru Gopal

List of 4G Handsets that works for India - Band 3 & 40 (1800 Mhz & 2300 Mhz)

I think for data only purposes these handsets are more than enough [that's why they have tied up with Rcom for csfb based voice calls]. If their own locked proprietary handsets are must for even data [very unlikely], then they can forget about getting high end customers from other established operators, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have got an Airtel 4G connection and trying to use it on Samsung Galaxy S6 (sprint - SM-G920P) but it never shows 4G - I have tried selecting GSM / UMTS OR LTE / CDMA OR Automatic. Have checked that SIM is 4G capable and 4G service is on.

Also added APN (airtelgprs.com and proxy IP and port) as found on the net for airtel 4G, but I only get 3G.

Any Gurus care to explain if this model (SM-G920P) will work with airtel 4G ?

I also tried with iPhone 6 (A1586) and selected LTE OR 3G but no 4G icon. Neither are the data speeds very good - around 3-4 mbps on S6 & ip6.

As per the internet, this model (A1586) should work with Airtel 4G.

^ found this website which seems good to check any phone vs network compatibility:

http://willmyphonework.net/

It says SM-G920P will not work with airtel 4G but iPhone 6 (A1586) will work.

^^ as per this site [ http://www.sammobile.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26440 ] the handset supports following bands

SM-G920P
GSM850, GSM900, GSM1800, GSM1900,
CDMA800 (BC0), CDMA1900 (BC14),
UMTS850 (B5), UMTS1900 (B2), UMTS2100 (B1),
LTE1900 (B2), LTE1900 (B25), LTE800 (B26),
TD-LTE2500 (B41)

Airtel 4G is Band 40, so not supported. In fact, it also does not appear to support the Airtel 3G in Kolkata which operates on UMTS 900 band.

Edited by commonman

I think for data only purposes these handsets are more than enough [that's why they have tied up with Rcom for csfb based voice calls]. If their own locked proprietary handsets are must for even data [very unlikely], then they can forget about getting high end customers from other established operators, IMHO...

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

I am hoping to find a handset that would support CDMA voice calls and Jio 4G data.

Then its better to wait for Lyf mobiles ji...

Various Bands supported by Samsung ON5 and ON7 as mentioned earlier.

2G GSM

GSM 850

GSM 900

DCS 1800

PCS 1900

3G UMTS

B1 2100

B2 1900

B5 850

B9 900

4G FDD LTE

B1 (2100)

B3 (1800)

B5 (850)

B8 (900)

B20 (800)

4G TDD LTE

B40 (2300)

Hello All:

As far as 4g goes I think we have to be careful in purchasing the same, reason being apart from the band support one has to also ensure that the handsets supports VOLTE (voice over lte) to be future proof.Reliance JIo has VOLTE , other carriers might flolow suit. Hence our handsets need to be future proof.LYF handsets support VOLTE.

Some handsets do support VOLTE however a software patch is required to enable VOLTE

This is just for info , correct me if i am wrong.

Sam007

Not many countries have VoLTE.

as a consumer for most for it really does not matter if Voice call goes via 2/3/4G

For countries where VoLTE is offered it is restricted to selected handsets only(Mostly iPhone/Samsung and few operator provided phones)

Airtel/Idea/Voda are in no hurry to offer VoLTE

• Like 1

Not many countries have VoLTE.

as a consumer for most for it really does not matter if Voice call goes via 2/3/4G

For countries where VoLTE is offered it is restricted to selected handsets only(Mostly iPhone/Samsung and few operator provided phones)

Airtel/Idea/Voda are in no hurry to offer VoLTE

Thanks Sudarshan. To add to it, no one else has rolled out VoLTE in the scale that RJIO will be doing - even VZW uses CDMA as their primary voice carrier till now though they are moving it over to VoLTE in phases. People looking for LTE data need not stop their purchases - if you must buy a VoLTE supporting phone however then buy a S6 or ip6 etc.

^ ^ ^

So only VOLTE for voice? No CSFB fallback in RJIO?

VoLTE works only when both party are on compatible network and phones. Jio will need some fallback for sure

What would be the best handset for using RJio for Data and RCDMA for voice and data fallback where RJio dont work.

What would be the best handset for using RJio for Data and RCDMA for voice and data fallback where RJio dont work.

Wait for couple of months if you are looking to get a new handset. If urgent you can look for any handset which support 4G on 2300/1800/850/800

Jio has yet to announce the service and one really does not know if the fallback will be GSM or CDMA of RCOM

Even RCOM is looking to launch 4g on 800 Mhz, which may mean moving EVDO/CDMA customers or drop is quality of service

With talks about 3 way merge of Aircel/MTS/RCOM and RCOM/JIo spectrum sharing deals who knows what is in store for Customers after a year.

One thing is for sure CDMA Voice/Data will not survive in India after couple of years

^ ^ ^

So only VOLTE for voice? No CSFB fallback in RJIO?

As far as I knew, and am out of the loop for a long time, there is voice fallback. Very few, if any at all, operators have only volte till date as Sudharshan also was mentioning.

Of course if someone wants to use their bundles to the max then volte and vowifi handsets are better.

This is purely my understanding of it.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Latest list of VoLTE devices received from JIO CC which will support their network:

Intex Aqua 4G
Karbonn Aura
Lenovo Vibe Shot
LG G4 Stylus 4G
LG Google Nexus 5x (LG-H791)
LG Spirit 4G H442
Motorola Moto G (3rd Gen)
Motorola New Moto E (Moto E 2nd Gen)
Samsung Galaxy A5 SM-A500G
Samsung Galaxy Core Prime 4G
Samsung Galaxy A7 (SM-A700FD)
Samsung Galaxy J5 (SM-J500F)
Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700F)
Samsung Galaxy A8 (SM-A800F)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (SM-G925I)
Samsung Galaxy S6 (SM-G920)
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (SM-N910G)
Samsung Galaxy Note Edge SM-N915G
Samsung ON7 (Mega On – SM-G600FY)
Samsung ON5 (SM-G550FY)
Samsung Galaxy Note 5 (SM-N920G)
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (SM-G928G)
SONY Xperia Z5 Dual
SONY Xperia Z5 Premium Dual
ZTE Blade S6
ZTE Blade S6 Plus
Motorola Moto G Turbo (3rd Gen)
In addition to the above list, below mentioned handsets are also planned for VoLTE by the manufacturer:
Asus Zenfone 2 Laser ZE500KL
BlackBerry Venice (STV100-3)
GIONEE S6
HTC One A9
Infocus M535
Lenovo Vibe P1
LG M1DS
Micromax Yu Yuphoria
Micromax Yu Yureka Plus (YU5510A)
Micromax Canvas Sliver 5 (Q450)
Micromax Canvas Knight 2 4G (E471)
Micromax YU Yunique YU4711
Micromax Canvas Amaze (Q491)
Micromax Canvas Mega 4G (Q417)
Oppo Neo7
Panasonic Eluga Arc
Samsung Galaxy-J2 (SM-J200G)
Samsung Note 5 Duos
Samsung A8 VE
Xiaomi Redmi 2 (2014818)
Micromax Yu Yutopia(YU5050)
Lava A71
Vivo X33
Infocus M370I
Infocus M808I
Asus Laser 5.0 (ZE500KL)
Micromax Yu Note (YU6000)
Micromax Yureka 3 (YU5200) – Caster
Micromax JUICE 4G (Q461)
BlackBerry Venice
Alcatel Pop3
Oppo S9

• Like 1

Reliance Jio LYF Earth 1 4G enabled smartphone launched in India

One of the interesting announcements was made by Reliance Jio recently about its plan of rolling out 4G services. The mobile telephony company will be starting with the 4G services from its employees. If successful, the company will be planning to provide the data services to consumers as well! Followed by the launch of its 4G services, the company has all plans to release 4G enabled handsets under the flagship of LYF brand, namely LYF Earth 1.

When we had a chance to get a glimpse of the phone, it enabled mid-range hardware and operates on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The phone also has 13MP unit for imaging and 2MP smaller unit for depth sensing. The rear camera of the Smartphone is expected to be 5 MP which can help the users to take great selfies. Other features of the Reliance Jio’s LYF Earth 1 are 5.5-inch full HD display, 1.5 GHZ Octacore processor, Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 chipset, 3 GB RAM, 32 GB expandable internal storage, and 3500 mAh battery. The handset weighs 162 gms and has a metal & glass build-up. The device is expected to possess outstanding gaming capabilities also.

As of now, there are no details about the roll-out of the smartphone but we are expecting any time soon. Also, there is no knowledge about the roll out of 4G services as well. These details were first reported by IBNLive and then verified by Gadgets360 from Reliance Jio.

No matter, whenever the Smartphone gets released, we are keeping our fingers crossed and wishing Reliance Jio, all the best!

http://www.tecake.com/reliance-jio-lyf-earth-1-4g-enabled-smartphone-launched-india/

Is there Any Imported USA Phones will work with DATA And Voice ???

Should we start talking about Band 5 LTE now?

Is there Any Imported USA Phones will work with DATA And Voice ???

lg sprit from us cellular

LYF handsets now available at Reliance Digital Stores

Supports Band 3/5/40 LTE, VoLTE, Wi-FI Calling

For LG G3 (Verizon VS985), one of the seller is claiming that he has tested LTE with Airtel in both bands 1800MHz in NCR and 2300MHz in Delhi.

Can this be true? Does this handset support both these bands in India?

i am using motorola g 3rd gen, anybody wants. I can call them from my Jio number. PM Me your number, I can call (as off now outgoing is free)

How much is lyf handsets costing