Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
arnuld

Please suggest Android CDMA handset with 1 GB RAM

I want to buy a an Android CDMA handset with 1GB of RAM (or more), I will use it for the following features:

1. Voice Calls and SMSs
  2. EVDO whatsapp chatting/sharing pics/videos etc. 24x7 (not 1x, original issue with 1x is discusssed here)
  3. Wi-Fi tethering
  4. Google Maps (I use GPS a lot)

These are the major uses. I have airtel and I will port to tata docomo CDMA (not Reliance because my friend had Reliance CDMA few years back and I have seen their customer service, not much different from BSNL). I decided to switch to CDMA because of excellent call quality, signals rarely drop (at least in Hyderabad and wherever else I roam) and good EVDO connectivity, not to mention I am getting some severe headaches if I talk for long time on GSM. I used CDMA few years back and never had headaches even if I talked for 2 hours. 7K Budget, I can raise it to 12K if I get some really good handset which does not give me problems mentioned here

I avoid imported handsets because I read a post about the disadvantages . Do these imported phones get updates for both apps and OS ?

Edited by arnuld

then go for HTC CDMA/EVDO + GSM or ZTE Grand S II

I bought MTS Blaze 5 @6750/- from ebay. Using it for 3 days now. Comparing to 5K Karbonn Android One which I have used, MTS Blaze 5 is more heavier and you can easily see pixels on screen, not to mention performance is just half. Best thing is signals, call quality, data signal quality and much better battery of MTS Blaze 5.

I am using Blazze 5 for last 3 months. Really robust phone for mainly business use. The additional weight is due to higher capacity battery.

i also have mblaze 5.0..... excellent battery back up , signal quality, dual sim is a boost

The newly launched N919D Dual SIM (GSM+CDMA) from ZTE may be a good option [1.2GHz quad-core Cortex-A5 based Qualcomm Snapdragon, 1GB of RAM, 4 GB internal storage, expandable to 32 GB by microSDHC card, 8MP rear camera with flash, 0.3MP front camera, Jellybean (Android 4.1), 5-inch display with a FWVGA (480x854 pixel) resolution, 2500mAh battery] for Rs. 6999. Features are decent for a CDMA phone The phone is exclusively available on e-bay with 3 months unlimited Reliance CDMA data for both existing and new users. Worth trying if meets the need and the budget. Here is the link on e-bay.

^^ MTS Blaze 5 and ZTE N919D Dual SIM are same phone. ZTE N919D Dual SIM was earlier sold through MTS branded as MTS Blaze 5. Now they have launched it in its own name.

you can see the china telecom monogram from the photos. somebody unlocked these phones and selling. for the price not bad at all