Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varkey

How To - Sprint LG Tribute LS660 - OMH/EVDO/WiFI Hotspot

My Volt

tested MTS and RIM . Voice and SMS in both work. DATA works in RIM . Haven't tested in MTS . Did not add the apn in NV mode but added the APN through APN backup Restore even when ADD APN tab is not visible in any menu

Check pics . Even shows network name in locked screen

Exactly what we did in G2 for changing APN using Apn restore app . Made a new RCOM APN in G2 as i had G2 . Any mobile should work . In new APN here on RIM people had said to use MCC and MNC as 404 and 00 due to which the APN was never saving .

So I used MCC and MNC as 405 and 51 . Saved the APN and shifted the APN to Volt .

Restored the APN using the app and it worked without any tinkering

You will have to shift the Apn Backup restore app to Priv App in System

And my ro.build.prop.country was spr . I had changed to spr as thought add APN tab might come in spr.

DATA in RUIM only works in spr and not with SPR in capital which is default . You will have to add 0 bedore every number to call or Android process system FC will come .

i did not face any issue with calls in spr/SPR

Uploaded the Reliance APN which I used . It also has 2 Airtel APN , IP4 only and IP4/6 . Delete them if you don't want them

Name of Reliance APN is "apn-RIM ip4"

EDIT UPDATED

post-72409-0-79555100-1421998344_thumb.p

post-72409-0-46981400-1421998347_thumb.p

post-72409-0-94070100-1421998349_thumb.p

post-72409-0-71195700-1421998363_thumb.p

post-72409-0-77865400-1421998375_thumb.p

post-72409-0-70374400-1421998378_thumb.p

ApnBackupRestore.zip

Edited by kuduku
  • Like 2

My Volt

tested MTS and RIM . Voice and SMS in both work. DATA works in RIM . Haven't tested in MTS . Did not add the apn in NV mode but added the APN through APN backup Restore even when ADD APN tab is not visible in any menu

How did you get it to work? I have not got it to work at all!!!!!

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk 2

after doing all these changes if anyone isnt able to get data on lg tribute,

get qpst nv backup file from a untouched lg tribute,

write it to your lg tribute , and then follow these reliance settings

MCC = 404

MNC= 00

NAI = net

HA password = net

AAA password = net

T. Nai = net

Simple IP

PPP username and password = net

do this chnages on nv mode

chnage to ruim only and insert reliance sim

you will get data

please provide Qpst nv backup file from a untouched lg tribute.....

My Volt

Exactly what we did in G2 for changing APN using Apn restore app . Made a new RCOM APN in G2 as i had G2 . Any mobile should work . In new APN here on RIM people had said to use MCC and MNC as 404 and 00 due to which the APN was never saving .

So I used MCC and MNC as 405 and 51 . Saved the APN and shifted the APN to Volt .

Restored the APN using the app and it worked without any tinkering

You will have to shift the Apn Backup restore app to Priv App in System

My Volt

It would be great if Lg volt can be made to work as well.

High battery, more internal storage, higher screen resolution and size, 8 mp camera, it supersedes tribute in every way.

Edited by ::: VA :::

Cannot use apn backup and restore in G2. anyother way?

Cannot use apn backup and restore in G2. anyother way?

Why , it works in all . Just move the app to priv-app .

If cannot use APN backup restore app then another app to restore it . You have to add the APN without ADD APN menu visible

Edited by kuduku
  • Like 1

My volt works on mts call and sms but lock screen shows service disabled

Please help me to get data on mts

on my volt mts and tata calls and sms works but with sim inserted it shows service disabled on lock screen instead of network name. Pls help how to overcome this and get data on tata or mts

Yes its working now, there was some scene with the lg driver, it took some time for the phone to become online on dfs port finder. i was able to get it done.

Thank you guys...

P.S the screen flickers ''once'' when i come out of the lock screen and when some apps come on is that normal ?

Also i was wondering if new Gsm sims can be used on CDMA phone as it is possible to use the new cdma sims on Gsm handsets (the new ruims have both the gsm and cdma programs on them)? anyone got idea?

is this in Indian context?

will latest RCDMA SIM works in GSM phones straight away? i dont think so

Removable User Identity Module (R-UIM) is a card developed for cdmaOne/CDMA2000 ("CDMA") handsets that extends the GSM SIMcard to CDMA phones and networks. To work in CDMA networks, the R-UIM contains an early version of the CSIM application. The card also contains SIM (GSM) application, so it can work on both networks. It is physically compatible with GSM SIMs and can fit into existing GSM phones as it is an extension of the GSM 11.11 standard QUOTED THIS FROM WIKI.. DONT KNOW IF IT APPLIES IN INDIA ALSO, BUT THIS IS WHAT THEY SAY RUIM IS ..

Interestingly(atleast for me :P ),my LG Tribute holds on to MTS RevA network only here in chennai. Then, I could see that LG Sprint is set to "RevA_EHRPD" in Data Mode(See in DFS). On changing it to RevB_MFPA or RevB_EHRPD, it clings on to RevB network. But Speed is lower than RevA network. Exprerts here please help to get full working RevB.

Kind Request to other members: Please keep the discussion in this thread to LG tribute only.

• Like 1

:previous:

same thing happened with me. after changing it from Rev A to Rev B, it is showing rev. B but running in 1X only. the moment i disconnect the data again it shows rev.B

Hi All,

There is another easy method of reading SPC/MSL without using the ting method.

For this you need CDMA workshop. I'm using CDMa workshop 2.7 cracked version.

• Open the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Once on the MAIN tab, click the PORT button. From this popup, note the COM port your phone is on. Close the popup window.
  • Select the COM port your phone is on from the upper right select menu on the MAIN tab under COM Settings .
  • Click the CONNECT button.
  • After you connect, the phone verifies the connection at the bottom of the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Click the READ tab next to CONNECT/DISCONNECT button on the Main tab.
  • Your phone's unique information populates the left side of the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Change to the SECURITY tab, and click the select SPC/User Lock on the bottom right and choose LG Method.
  • Click read button and the number that pops up in the window is your 6-digit MSL code.

Hope this helps.

^ Wouldn't you need DIAG mode enabled for that? I believe DIAG mode is disabled by default and need the SPC to enable.

Hi All,

There is another easy method of reading SPC/MSL without using the ting method.

For this you need CDMA workshop. I'm using CDMa workshop 2.7 cracked version.

• Open the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Once on the MAIN tab, click the PORT button. From this popup, note the COM port your phone is on. Close the popup window.
  • Select the COM port your phone is on from the upper right select menu on the MAIN tab under COM Settings .
  • Click the CONNECT button.
  • After you connect, the phone verifies the connection at the bottom of the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Click the READ tab next to CONNECT/DISCONNECT button on the Main tab.
  • Your phone's unique information populates the left side of the CDMA Workshop program.
  • Change to the SECURITY tab, and click the select SPC/User Lock on the bottom right and choose LG Method.
  • Click read button and the number that pops up in the window is your 6-digit MSL code.

Hope this helps.

Good Job... :w00t:

but to find MSL/SPC for Enabling DIAG we required MSL/SPC...

hahaha

Edited by Kapil Matey
  • Like 1

Hi all,

In lg tribute, rev. B only works for Tata and MTS. For Reliance it works with rev.A only. If you make it Rev.B, data will run in 1x mode only...

• Like 2

Adding to my earlier post http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/37237-how-to-sprint-lg-tribute-ls660-omhevdowifi-hotspot/page-2#entry317545

Also got MTS RUIM working fine with no issues with DATA .

No call dropping or anything

check pics shows the IP address

post-72409-0-04495800-1422452453_thumb.p

post-72409-0-66591100-1422452457_thumb.p

• Like 1

Hi all,

In lg tribute, rev. B only works for Tata and MTS. For Reliance it works with rev.A only. If you make it Rev.B, data will run in 1x mode only...

Thanks, that is what I was seeing as well. Although I don't have Tata or MTS to confirm. On Reliance, if you make it Rev B, it connects in 1x mode only. Weird. Any idea why guys?

Hi all,

Thanks, that is what I was seeing as well. Although I don't have Tata or MTS to confirm. On Reliance, if you make it Rev B, it connects in 1x mode only. Weird. Any idea why guys?

Hi,

It seems in addition to changing the MFPA settings, it seems we have to change some other seetings. Came across the following in the internet,

Hi All!

I using my Sprint Photon 4Gin the Ukrainian network 'Intertelekom', which support EVDO rev. B

Some people use this revision B with other phone (have 6-9Mbit.per sec.)

I tried to enable this feature, by using DFS Tools,setting HDR SCP force AT config to -> RevB_MFPA

and

-----------------------------------------

[0] Sub2 PL <- enable

[1] EC CH <- enable

[2] EA CH <- enable

[3] EFT CH <- enable

[4] Sub 3 RT <- enable

[5] Sub 1 RT <- enable

[6] Enh Idle <- enable

[7] Gen M-M <- enable

BCMS [0] <- enable

App Sub MFPA <- enable

---------------------------------------

and

Set mobile P_Rev to 9

---------------------------------------

But nothing

The speed rate remained at the same level rev A (1,8 - 2,4 Mbit.sec)

Some people in ukraine in the same way ENABLE EVDO rev.B on XT912 ! (speed rate 6 - 9 Mbit.sec)

Motorola Photon and Motorola XT912 - they are the SAME chips MDM 6600

Please help! How i can activate EVDO rev. B on my Photon 4G ?

I`m not having the mobile with me right now. Please make the above changes in data settings in DFS and try and tell me the results..

Hi Rimweb.

Excellent Tutorial by Varkey..Thanks..

Tried the steps accordingly and it almost worked.

I have tried Reliance CDMA in LG Tribute and can confirm that Call,SMS and Data all are working for me.

For everyone facing data problem,below is the exact tutorial.Highly **NOOB FRIENDLY**

**MAKE SURE THAT THE SIM CARD IS REMOVED**

1. Set the phone to NV_Only Mode from DFS via General Tab and press Write.

2. Then at the top right is the Reset option,press it and the phone will restart.

3. Now when the phone restarts,connect it to DFS again and change the given below values.

In NAM Tab -

1. Read the parameters in the tab.

2. Change MCC and MNC to 404 and 00 accordingly.

3. Then Press Write

In Data Tab -

1. Read the parameters in the tab

2. Change HDR AN ,HDR AN Long and HDR AN PPP to ""MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in"" (Thats what I did)(MEID means yours MEID Number)

3. Change all other values in the left columns to ""net"" (Thats what I did,not sure if needed)

4. Then Press Write

In Mobile IP Tab -

1. Read all the parameters.

2. Change the DS QcMIP to SImpleIP

3. Now Press write.

4. In the right side in Current user Profile make NAI to "omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com" (Not needed though)

5. Below in the same are write RM NAI as "net"

6. Now Press Write Current Profile Settings

Finally Now click the Reset option.

Then after the phone restarts again change the device to RUIM only (as already explained) and Reset the device again(via DFS).

The data will work now.

One doubt though from my side I did all the ting thing and deleted my phone from the list,sprint website throws me error while entering the Phone serial number.

Its been 10 Hours that I did the ting thing and still it showing me this error - There was a problem with the MEID/ESN you provided. Double-check it was entered correctly and try again. If you need help finding the MEID/ESN for the device you are attempting to activate, use our help guide on the right. Otherwise, please call Customer Care at 855-639-4644.

Any Suggestions.Am I missing something ??

Thank You

• Like 4

lg tribute ls660 data works only on zv3 rom

after update to zv4 rom data not works

No, Data works with ZV4 also.

post-82205-142262907391_thumb.png

• Like 1

Mine too works with ZV4..I programmed the phone in ZV3 and then updated to ZV4 with everything working perfectly fine till now...Calls SMS and Data all...

I am still not seeing Hotspot option even after completing the sprint activation and updating the phone.

I did the sprint activation after programming in ZV3 and updated just after that to ZV4 but no hotspot option..Any suggestions...??

guys i have lg volt boost mobile made it ruim only using dfs, mts omh calls and sms working, tata omh shows no sim card inserted

please help me to use tata omh with calls and data

also please guide how to get data on mts omh

and how to enable wifi hotspot

Hello there, I have Sprint Volt, all SIM cards and tethering hotspots mirroring works. I do not have any information about the firmware of Boost.

:previous:

It will be great help if you can explain how you got it fully working on omh. So far tribute has taken full focus but I like volt more.

• Like 1