Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varkey

How To - Sprint LG Tribute LS660 - OMH/EVDO/WiFI Hotspot

Yes sir, Please explain how did you get it to work?

Activating on Sprint after de-activating the device from Ting pushes OTA files for Hotspot and other features. Only when we see the yellow Sprint Spark boot screen, the Sprint ID app, Sprint zone, these options in settings come up. A ##786# or a ##72786# wipe will remove them. Applicable on HTC Desire 510 and Tribute also. Flash concerned PRL and make RUIM if available for Tata Docomo. Some Tata Indicom OMH SIM cards do not detect on Volt. Avoiding Boost and going in for SPR pre is a safer bet.

Sent from N900p

post-45997-142271931529_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Activating on Sprint after de-activating the device from Ting pushes OTA files for Hotspot and other features. Only when we see the yellow Sprint Spark boot screen, the Sprint ID app, Sprint zone, these options in settings come up. A ##786# or a ##72786# wipe will remove them. Applicable on HTC Desire 510 and Tribute also. Flash concerned PRL and make RUIM if available for Tata Docomo. Some Tata Indicom OMH SIM cards do not detect on Volt. Avoiding Boost and going in for SPR pre is a safer bet.

Sent from N900p

Any other process for Reliance or same? Reliance not working at all. Only one call works,

any other option to enable wifi tethering in lg tribute? I have tried many apps even pdanet+ full version, but not working. any suggestion gurus?

Wifi Tethering will work..

Just complete Sprint activation...

Then reset all parameters by dialing ##72786#

The phone will restart and you will be able to see wifi hotspot option in settings.(Keep the phone connected to wifi for activation and update processes)

For Sprint Tribute:-

ppp user=omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com, ppp pass=S19121NB15CB112D in data in DFS also works. Disable all MIP profiles and make the first one active. This can be seen with SIM inside.

For removing Sprint hands-free activation:- dial ##3282#>6digitMSL>go to device self service and erase all ip, proxy and port entries. If blank section is not permitted, use your own https://xxxxxxx, port=xx, ip=xxx.xx

Phone will reboot and hands free activation is gone. Tested on RUIM pref mode with PRL 5 flashed while on NV mode.

Happy flashing !!

• Like 5

Can anyone help me out with prl file, tried almost everything but data not working on ril rec..series nano si..calls and sms works, no data..m on stock zv3.

ppp user=omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com, ppp pass=S19121NB15CB112D in data in DFS also works. Disable all MIP profiles and make the first one active. This can be seen with SIM inside.

For removing Sprint hands-free activation:- dial ##3282#>6digitMSL>go to device self service and erase all ip, proxy and port entries. If blank section is not permitted, use your own https://xxxxxxx, port=xx, ip=xxx.xx

Phone will reboot and hands free activation is gone. Tested on RUIM pref mode with PRL 5 flashed while on NV mode.

Happy flashing !!

thank you sir for your guide how to remove Sprint hands-free activation. I have made my lg tribute to Ruim only through dfs and everything is working fine. sir a little doubt, for removing it hands free activation again i have to make it nv mode or i can go through your process directly?

guys pls help i am not able to get wifi hotspot in setting>more

only showing network.

phone is activated it is showing number given by sprint in setting > about phone> status

waited for 1 hr but no downloads.

not even a app or sprint bootup.

plz help

Hi Rimweb.

Excellent Tutorial by Varkey..Thanks..

Tried the steps accordingly and it almost worked.

I have tried Reliance CDMA in LG Tribute and can confirm that Call,SMS and Data all are working for me.

For everyone facing data problem,below is the exact tutorial.Highly **NOOB FRIENDLY**

**MAKE SURE THAT THE SIM CARD IS REMOVED**

1. Set the phone to NV_Only Mode from DFS via General Tab and press Write.

2. Then at the top right is the Reset option,press it and the phone will restart.

3. Now when the phone restarts,connect it to DFS again and change the given below values.

In NAM Tab -

1. Read the parameters in the tab.

2. Change MCC and MNC to 404 and 00 accordingly.

3. Then Press Write

In Data Tab -

1. Read the parameters in the tab

2. Change HDR AN ,HDR AN Long and HDR AN PPP to ""MEID@hrpd.rcom.co.in"" (Thats what I did)(MEID means yours MEID Number)

3. Change all other values in the left columns to ""net"" (Thats what I did,not sure if needed)

4. Then Press Write

In Mobile IP Tab -

1. Read all the parameters.

2. Change the DS QcMIP to SImpleIP

3. Now Press write.

4. In the right side in Current user Profile make NAI to "omhtest@omh.relianceinfo.com" (Not needed though)

5. Below in the same are write RM NAI as "net"

6. Now Press Write Current Profile Settings

Finally Now click the Reset option.

Then after the phone restarts again change the device to RUIM only (as already explained) and Reset the device again(via DFS).

The data will work now.

One doubt though from my side I did all the ting thing and deleted my phone from the list,sprint website throws me error while entering the Phone serial number.

Its been 10 Hours that I did the ting thing and still it showing me this error - There was a problem with the MEID/ESN you provided. Double-check it was entered correctly and try again. If you need help finding the MEID/ESN for the device you are attempting to activate, use our help guide on the right. Otherwise, please call Customer Care at 855-639-4644.

Any Suggestions.Am I missing something ??

Thank You

there are 2 meid on the box try with both longer one work i had same problem but after entering longer one it worked

• Like 1

Sprint Tribute stuck in bootloop after setting NV mode in DFS.

call/sms was working till i tried DFS for internet setting. seems i massed up some configuration.

Did hard reset. after talk back option stuck in "Configuring your phone" status with message "Mobile installer has stopped"

not getting hands-free activation screen but "Configuring your phone" and WiFi connection.

please help me.

see attached screenshot.

post-82606-0-23764600-1423399965_thumb.p

Edited by amixt

One more action i performed, did ##72786# wipe to remove hands free activation.

will it be able to boot?? didn't find sprint stock firmware LS660ZV3 on web.

^^^

Thanks Ankur for help. bypassed activation by pressing Vol Up, Vol Down, Back, Home and menu on Configuration Screen.

Now phone is in NV mode and all phone status parameters are showing Unknown.

Phone No,MIN,ESN, MEID Hex, MEID,IMEI, PRL,ICCID, IMSI.

DIAG mode says Excess MSL failure. phone will power off. any suggestion for that?

Edited by amixt
  • Like 1

How to disable hand-free activation?

Happy flashing !!

when i try to write anything in the ppp id and pass. it disappears when i read again.

i had faced same issue while trying to feed this to Lg Exceed 2.

Right now my lg tribute is working on omh with voice and sms but no data.

i removed handsfree activation and wifi tethering is visible.

any tips

update: with sim inserted - put the phone in nv mode but didnt reset then under data ppp id and pass as net though after write if you read again then only id will show (thats okay)

then in mobile ip i selected simple ip with entry "net" in all 4 boxes Nai, AAA shared secret, HA shared secret and RM Nai

though somehow after all this Handsfree activation is back , even though ##3282# device self service , everything is null

Edited by ::: VA :::

Guy i have got lg volt made it ruim only using dfs... inserted tata omh but phone shows no sim inserted. Please help how to get calls and sms

Some sim works some says insert sim

Old sim works

Happy flashing !!

when i try to write anything in the ppp id and pass. it disappears when i read again.

i had faced same issue while trying to feed this to Lg Exceed 2.

Right now my lg tribute is working on omh with voice and sms but no data.

i removed handsfree activation and wifi tethering is visible.

any tips

update: with sim inserted - put the phone in nv mode but didnt reset then under data ppp id and pass as net though after write if you read again then only id will show (thats okay)

then in mobile ip i selected simple ip with entry "net" in all 4 boxes Nai, AAA shared secret, HA shared secret and RM Nai

though somehow after all this Handsfree activation is back , even though ##3282# device self service , everything is null

dont worry about password

not visible.

thats ok

1st.

from ten days i am trying to get data work but it was not working

i got it worked from your post only.

so credit goes to you and other people.

i am posting screen shorts of what my dfs dialog says

• Like 1

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6QL10O0kWNQNzdEQ0pmRmZWQkk&usp=sharing

ppp pass=S19121NB15CB112D (not visble in data snap shot)

and delete every thing in 2nd right tick option in mobile ip

data working in zv4

but still i am not able to unlock wifi hotspot menu.

i dont know what goes wrong plz if some one can help

while activating in first boot or after factory reset handsfree activation menu pops up and say's network error and then it goes activation error

but when i see in settings>about>status

prl and moblie no and all other things get updated.

is that a problem

plz plz some one help if any one knows.

• Like 1

after doing all these changes if anyone isnt able to get data on lg tribute,

get qpst nv backup file from a untouched lg tribute,

write it to your lg tribute , and then follow these reliance settings

MCC = 404

MNC= 00

NAI = net

HA password = net

AAA password = net

T. Nai = net

Simple IP

PPP username and password = net

do this chnages on nv mode

chnage to ruim only and insert reliance sim

you will get data

can u post the photos did it with

qpst??please

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B6QL10O0kWNQNzdEQ0pmRmZWQkk&usp=sharing

ppp pass=S19121NB15CB112D (not visble in data snap shot)

and delete every thing in 2nd right tick option in mobile ip

data working in zv4

but still i am not able to unlock wifi hotspot menu.

i dont know what goes wrong plz if some one can help

while activating in first boot or after factory reset handsfree activation menu pops up and say's network error and then it goes activation error

but when i see in settings>about>status

prl and moblie no and all other things get updated.

is that a problem

plz plz some one help if any one knows.

Wi-Fi tethering got enabled right after activation through sprint.

I unlocked two devices. First one was hit trial but second one was a breeze.

• Like 2

Now, When trying to activate new no contract sprint phones with ting, i get message "Can not bring device to Ting. Device is not in good financial standing with Sprint."??? What to do? Can anyone help me to get the SPC??

Now, When trying to activate new no contract sprint phones with ting, i get message "Can not bring device to Ting. Device is not in good financial standing with Sprint."??? What to do? Can anyone help me to get the SPC??

Facing the same problem. I first thought it was just because the phone's meid had some issues.

You could pay 6 USD and get the SPC from eBay.

buy from here..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-Unlock-Code-SPC-LG-LS660-LS740-VOLT-SPRINT-Boost-Mobile-CODE-SPC-1-30min-/181624125269

• Like 1