Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varkey

How To - Sprint LG Tribute LS660 - OMH/EVDO/WiFI Hotspot

Hi All,

On my HTC Desire 510 I'm getting Rev.B signal without any setting changes and speeds are around 5 Mbps to 10 mbps in bangalore.

I'm using normal pre-cut micro sim from Reliance.

post-82205-142590985068_thumb.pngpost-82205-142590986792_thumb.pngpost-82205-142590987948_thumb.png

• Like 2

Banglore Chennai Pune there are many Citied by RevB on RCOM tower so normal PRL will work in it, Delhi and whole Gujarat Kerala is on MTS towers

• Like 1

Flashed CM12, Data works but still getting the 1 call issue,

As Hetal bhai describes, EVDO rev. B data card worked fine, but mobile latched only Rev. A in Jamnagar.

Edited by prihir

:) :) Root finally -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772

I am now rooted, how do we disable the activation thing? Can't find the usual activation related APKs. There was an Activation.apk in /system/priv-app but renaming that didn't remove the Handsfree activation screen.

Edited by varkey

:) :) Root finally -- http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/guide-root-method-lg-devices-t3049772

I am now rooted, how do we disable the activation thing? Can't find the usual activation related APKs. There was an Activation.apk in /system/priv-app but renaming that didn't remove the Handsfree activation screen.

Try renaming LGstartupwizard.apk Which is located at /system/priv-app

• Like 2

Try this

Go to system/app/

And rename

LGDMSClient.apk to LGDMSClient.bak

LS660ZV5_01 OTA available now.

Try renaming LGstartupwizard.apk Which is located at /system/priv-app

Awesome, that took care of Handsfree activation popup. :) Thanks.

To remove handsfree activation

go to Root Explorer(apk attached)

search for LGstartupwizard.apk & Rename it to LGstartupwizard.bak
(see images)

thats it.

Activation pop-up gone....!!!!!!

com.speedsoftware.rootexplorer_3.3.3_paid-www.apkhere.com.apk

post-82621-0-23807800-1426018324_thumb.p

post-82621-0-79595700-1426018327_thumb.p

• Like 2

Ting method not working anymore, any other option??

Ting method not working anymore, any other option??

Ting not working anymore. You need to buy the SPC from eBay.

thanks for super quick reply, i have to buy SPC first or i can buy it latter after Sprint activation??

for SPC do i have any other option then ebay.com?? any forum member providing the same??

Edited by cooladitya007

My Volt

tested MTS and RIM . Voice and SMS in both work. DATA works in RIM . Haven't tested in MTS . Did not add the apn in NV mode but added the APN through APN backup Restore even when ADD APN tab is not visible in any menu

Check pics . Even shows network name in locked screen

Exactly what we did in G2 for changing APN using Apn restore app . Made a new RCOM APN in G2 as i had G2 . Any mobile should work . In new APN here on RIM people had said to use MCC and MNC as 404 and 00 due to which the APN was never saving .

So I used MCC and MNC as 405 and 51 . Saved the APN and shifted the APN to Volt .

Restored the APN using the app and it worked without any tinkering

You will have to shift the Apn Backup restore app to Priv App in System

And my ro.build.prop.country was spr . I had changed to spr as thought add APN tab might come in spr.

DATA in RUIM only works in spr and not with SPR in capital which is default . You will have to add 0 bedore every number to call or Android process system FC will come .

i did not face any issue with calls in spr/SPR

Uploaded the Reliance APN which I used . It also has 2 Airtel APN , IP4 only and IP4/6 . Delete them if you don't want them

Name of Reliance APN is "apn-RIM ip4"

EDIT UPDATED

Now that rooting tribute has become possible.can you make similar apns for all the three operators so that switching ruims(and data) can be easy. I don't own any other cdma android.so i can't make that xml file by add apn method. Kindly help

My Volt

tested MTS and RIM . Voice and SMS in both work. DATA works in RIM . Haven't tested in MTS . Did not add the apn in NV mode but added the APN through APN backup Restore even when ADD APN tab is not visible in any menu

Exactly what we did in G2 for changing APN using Apn restore app . Made a new RCOM APN in G2 as i had G2 . Any mobile should work . In new APN here on RIM people had said to use MCC and MNC as 404 and 00 due to which the APN was never saving .

So I used MCC and MNC as 405 and 51 . Saved the APN and shifted the APN to Volt .

And my ro.build.prop.country was spr . I had changed to spr as thought add APN tab might come in spr.

DATA in RUIM only works in spr and not with SPR in capital which is default . You will have to add 0 bedore every number to call or Android process system FC will come .

Uploaded the Reliance APN which I used . It also has 2 Airtel APN , IP4 only and IP4/6 . Delete them if you don't want them

EDIT UPDATED

Now that rooting tribute has become possible.can you make similar apns for all the three operators so that switching ruims(and data) can be easy. I don't own any other cdma android.so i can't make that xml file by add apn method. Kindly help

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

the APNs are same only . MTS and RIM were already there . With device APN haven't changed .

Activating on Sprint after de-activating the device from Ting pushes OTA files for Hotspot and other features. Only when we see the yellow Sprint Spark boot screen, the Sprint ID app, Sprint zone, these options in settings come up. A ##786# or a ##72786# wipe will remove them. Applicable on HTC Desire 510 and Tribute also. Flash concerned PRL and make RUIM if available for Tata Docomo. Some Tata Indicom OMH SIM cards do not detect on Volt. Avoiding Boost and going in for SPR pre is a safer bet.

Sent from N900p

##786# removed all sprint junks but hotspot also removed how to bring it back??

Edited by cooladitya007

^ Now that we have root, you can modify the xml files etc and enable the Hotspot. You don't need to activate.

Volt on CM12 with Reliance CDMA

Checked at Delhi Airport T3 . Data works awesome . Shows in EvDO Rev A only . Had recharged with Holi 349 UL offer

Checked at Delhi Airport T3 . Data works awesome . Shows in EvDO Rev A only . Had recharged with Holi 349 UL offer

Data works for me as well. I had the calls issue!

call and sms working or not?

The call issue not there with me . I have already called you second time earlier after first call on RIM

• Like 1

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

the APNs are same only . MTS and RIM were already there . With device APN haven't changed .

I'm sorry that i couldn't understand you clearly.to make myself clear, what i usually do now before changing sims(eg from mts to Reliance) is by going to dfs and changing the apns so that data works with the new operator. With restoring your apn.xml, i don't need to do that anymore.am i correct?

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

My Volt

EDIT UPDATED

I'm sorry that i couldn't understand you clearly.to make myself clear, what i usually do now before changing sims(eg from mts to Reliance) is by going to dfs and changing the apns so that data works with the new operator. With restoring your apn.xml, i don't need to do that anymore.am i correct?

insert RUIM

Use apn Backup & restore which should be a SYSTEM app and restore the apn of RUIM inserted using the app

Thats all

Try using CM12 its lot better and easier . I am using it