Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
varkey

How To - Sprint LG Tribute LS660 - OMH/EVDO/WiFI Hotspot

can any one share the lg tribute 2 phone backup with me. I am having the restarting issue with the LG tribute. SO that i will replace the LG tribute 2 backup with my mobile.

How is Battery Life of LG Tribute 2??

I used as hotspot only. Got 7 hours

can any one share the lg tribute 2 phone backup with me. I am having the restarting issue with the LG tribute. SO that i will replace the LG tribute 2 backup with my mobile.

if you know how to take backup. I can provide my phone with team viewer id. you can take backup and upload to your could drive. if you want contact me on hangouts (id is gurugopal@gmail.com)

Does anyone know how to enter into DIAG mode in Lg Transpyre vs810PP since i can only see two option Media sync(MTP) and camera(PTP) also ##3424# also not working.... DFS is not reading my phone... can someone have transpyre or could help me out... Thanks in advance

Hotspot work on lg tribute 2?

Out of box it is working. Even update came. installed without worries

Is it was Brand New or Activated on Boost earlier??

If New all Works Out of Box??

Hotspot work on lg tribute 2?

Out of box it is working. Even update came. installed without worries

Is it was Brand New or Activated on Boost earlier??

If New all Works Out of Box??

hotspot after activation on boost

Enable OMH/EVDO/Wifi-Hotspot on Spring LG Tribute LS660

To get the SPC, we need to activate the device on Ting (a Sprint MVNO operator in the US).

1. Use a referral link to Signup on Ting so that you get a $25 account credit. You may use mine if you'd like -- http://bit.ly/varkeyting
  2. Proceed for activation and it will ask you for the MEID and ICC ID, both are available on the box.
  3. Go through the steps, enter any US address (maybe use the address of a package forwarder or something).
  4. You will be asked to add a payment method, don't worry they won't charge you immediately. Create or use an existing Amazon account for this. Add a virtual credit card and link it to Ting.
  5. Once this wizard completes you will get an email with the SPC. You don't need to do anything on the handset.
  6. Now you can go to the device settings page in Ting and delete the device.

Once we have the SPC, we can get the device activated directly on Sprint so that the Wifi Hotspot and other features get enabled.

1. Go to http://bit.ly/sprintact and select "I'm a new customer and I want to activate my Sprint Prepaid phone." and go through the wizard.
  2. You need to enter your MEID and it will ask you to confirm the ICC ID. (You may have to wait sometime after you deleted the device from Ting for this to work)
  3. Go to the next page, enter the details (use any US address where Sprint has service).
  4. Choose the cheapest plan and when it asks for payment, select the pay later option at the bottom. Finish all the steps and you will get an email with your new Phone number.
  5. Now power on the device, connect it to WiFi and let it activate. This may take some time as it downloads couple of things. Once the activation, PRL update, firmware update etc is complete you would be able to use the device. Go to the settings menu and see if the Wifi Hotspot sub menu is enabled.

Now we need to enable DIAG mode and then RUIM. @Vinod Nayak has made an excellent tutorial on this, so I am not posting it again. Please check the thread -- http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36748-how-to-change-mode-from-nv-to-ruim-in-any-cdma-phone-using-dfs-free-version/

(You may also want to change the SPC 000000 to remember to easily.)

You can insert the Reliance CDMA RUIM and it should register to network with call and SMS. I used a mini SIM which was cut and didn't have any problems. Few users reported that it did not work with a cut sim. So YMMV.

When enabling data it threw an error for me and few others.

To get data working, I am not sure of the exact change but few of the changes that I had made before it started working are below. I used QPST 2.7.411 for Step 2. (I will update the post with more info once I have the exact changes required).

1. Changed the NV MCC MNC to 404 00
  2. Disabled Sprint Mobile IP profiles and created a new one and activated with NAI as NET
  3. Changed NV Mode to SimpleIP

Known Issues

• Handsfree activation popup on every restart. To make it go away immediately, enable Airplane mode, wait few seconds, it would display an error and disappear. Now disable Airplane mode and you can continue using the device (well, until the next restart :P)

I will update the post with more details as we learn about them. I thank everyone who participated in the other thread, for their inputs which helped us in reaching this stage.

I got the SPC, but unable to delete the device from the Ting.

Enable OMH/EVDO/Wifi-Hotspot on Spring LG Tribute LS660

To get the SPC, we need to activate the device on Ting (a Sprint MVNO operator in the US).

1. Use a referral link to Signup on Ting so that you get a $25 account credit. You may use mine if you'd like -- http://bit.ly/varkeyting
  2. Proceed for activation and it will ask you for the MEID and ICC ID, both are available on the box.
  3. Go through the steps, enter any US address (maybe use the address of a package forwarder or something).
  4. You will be asked to add a payment method, don't worry they won't charge you immediately. Create or use an existing Amazon account for this. Add a virtual credit card and link it to Ting.
  5. Once this wizard completes you will get an email with the SPC. You don't need to do anything on the handset.
  6. Now you can go to the device settings page in Ting and delete the device.

Once we have the SPC, we can get the device activated directly on Sprint so that the Wifi Hotspot and other features get enabled.

1. Go to http://bit.ly/sprintact and select "I'm a new customer and I want to activate my Sprint Prepaid phone." and go through the wizard.
  2. You need to enter your MEID and it will ask you to confirm the ICC ID. (You may have to wait sometime after you deleted the device from Ting for this to work)
  3. Go to the next page, enter the details (use any US address where Sprint has service).
  4. Choose the cheapest plan and when it asks for payment, select the pay later option at the bottom. Finish all the steps and you will get an email with your new Phone number.
  5. Now power on the device, connect it to WiFi and let it activate. This may take some time as it downloads couple of things. Once the activation, PRL update, firmware update etc is complete you would be able to use the device. Go to the settings menu and see if the Wifi Hotspot sub menu is enabled.

Now we need to enable DIAG mode and then RUIM. @Vinod Nayak has made an excellent tutorial on this, so I am not posting it again. Please check the thread -- http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/36748-how-to-change-mode-from-nv-to-ruim-in-any-cdma-phone-using-dfs-free-version/

(You may also want to change the SPC 000000 to remember to easily.)

You can insert the Reliance CDMA RUIM and it should register to network with call and SMS. I used a mini SIM which was cut and didn't have any problems. Few users reported that it did not work with a cut sim. So YMMV.

When enabling data it threw an error for me and few others.

To get data working, I am not sure of the exact change but few of the changes that I had made before it started working are below. I used QPST 2.7.411 for Step 2. (I will update the post with more info once I have the exact changes required).

1. Changed the NV MCC MNC to 404 00
  2. Disabled Sprint Mobile IP profiles and created a new one and activated with NAI as NET
  3. Changed NV Mode to SimpleIP

Known Issues

• Handsfree activation popup on every restart. To make it go away immediately, enable Airplane mode, wait few seconds, it would display an error and disappear. Now disable Airplane mode and you can continue using the device (well, until the next restart :P)

I will update the post with more details as we learn about them. I thank everyone who participated in the other thread, for their inputs which helped us in reaching this stage.

I got the SPC, but unable to delete the device form Ting.

There is Edit only.

if you know how to take backup. I can provide my phone with team viewer id. you can take backup and upload to your could drive. if you want contact me on hangouts (id is gurugopal@gmail.com)

thanks gopal, if you have rooted ur mobile means u can flash the twrp and take only phone backup without cache. please check this one and let me know

thanks gopal, if you have rooted ur mobile means u can flash the twrp and take only phone backup without cache. please check this one and let me know

I do not want to root this lg tribute-2

TWRP not working on TRIBUTE 2 ls665 confirmed by me Dont try phone will brick,,,,,

Hello any anyone help me with the app to root Sprint LG volt ?

Sir
Help Needed
I have Sprint LG Tribute and i have unlocked it by DFS and then i flashed CM Rom to it and TWRP recovery but now i revert it back to stock ROM and stock recovery and unlock it by DFS but it doesn't read the sim card please help to get out of this
my phone is fastboot enabled

please help me unlock it and enable mobile data of TATA CDMA

Hello any anyone help me with the app to root Sprint LG volt ?

No need of pc

open kingroot.net from mobile

install

root

enjoy

For those who need Sprint Activated Carrier Folder for LG tribute.

This folder has some unwanted info like startup animation, etc. Ignore if not needed. Just replace the carrier folder using root explorer. Wifi Hotspot and bluetooth tethering will be enabled.

Activated Sprint Tribute LS660 Carrier.zip

I want activated file for lg volt

Hello ,

Please provide me the TATA data settings for LG Volt..Please help..

i was looking for info on lg tribute 2 but mostly only found boost model.

will the virgin model also work like boost one or its not friendly?

virgin lg tribute 2 also like boost. By the way there is blackfriday deal on LG tribute 2 virgin (damn cheap)

virgin lg tribute 2 also like boost. By the way there is blackfriday deal on LG tribute 2 virgin (damn cheap)

From ebay?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

NOPE, from Bestbuy.

LG TRIBUTE 2 = 19.99$

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/virgin-mobile-lg-tribute-2-with-8gb-memory-no-contract-cell-phone-blue/4353300.p?id=1219736062453&skuId=4353300

From ebay?

NOPE, from Bestbuy.

LG TRIBUTE 2 = 19.99$

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/virgin-mobile-lg-tribute-2-with-8gb-memory-no-contract-cell-phone-blue/4353300.p?id=1219736062453&skuId=4353300

I bought one bro. But my doubt is. Is this genuine? I means will they send mobile? Since 19 $ is so cheap.

Lg tribute 2 and Moto e 2nd Gen is best deal on Bestbuy.com

lg tributevis also sellinjg on ebay under 50$

For those who need Sprint Activated Carrier Folder for LG tribute.

This folder has some unwanted info like startup animation, etc. Ignore if not needed. Just replace the carrier folder using root explorer. Wifi Hotspot and bluetooth tethering will be enabled.

attachicon.gifActivated Sprint Tribute LS660 Carrier.zip

After i replace this with my carrier directory i lost the radio on my lg tribute sprint...

The latest version of Wifi Tether Router works on all rooted devices up to Android 6.0.2. It only costs ₹ 105 one time purchase. For Tribute baseband unknown:- flash ota update ZV6.

Sent from my Asus Memopad using Tapatalk