Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ACS

OnePlus One issues - Discuss here

Hi Guys, im surprised we didn't have any Topic with regards to the 1+1.

Searched.. didn't find anything except the invite thread.

Anyways, lets keep this one only for issues which owners have been facing with their 1+ 1

Ofcourse, there are several issues with this new phone, which the below topics do describe & try giving a solution (plz read before posting similar issues)

http://www.androidauthority.com/7-common-issues-oneplus-one-fix-536082/

http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/oneplus-one-problems/

The one im facing is "App crashing/refreshing"

Here, few apps crash/close automatically & few like Chrome/Flipkart/Amazon refresh (stays on same page) on their own. Some forums have asked to force stop/delete apps one by one & check which of course is very cumbersome, as close to 30-40 apps have auto-downloaded after logging in with my google credentials. The last option is factory reset which again im trying to avoid.

Does anyone have a better solution? (1+1 does have an app crash & reboot issue, hope this query is related to that & not a generic android one)

Edited by ACS

I only have problem with Cyanogen, I think MIUI is better.

Edited by nitinmukesh123

Update: I think i found out the real issue.. I was using this phone as a 'non-sim' phone over Wifi just to check its features. That time i remember, it was working fine. After submitting an MNP application (cdma to gsm), inserted a blank micro gsm sim in anticipation. (BTW, phone comes with both nano/micro adaptors). This is possibly when the app-refresh/closure issue started. Eventually tried deleting all apps & did factory reset twice, without even logging on my Google or Cynagoen Account.. still faced same issue.

Since other issues like low call volume was also reported online, thought of checking that as well & inserted a 3-4 yr old working micro sim. To my surprise, the app refresh/force closure issue stopped after doing that. Then i checked phone also without sim, works fine. Then inserted my MNP blank/destination sim again. This time a harmless error comes in the notification panel "No service" which never came when i had inserted this sim earlier. But the phone still works fine. Im therefore suspecting, that this issue was due to blank sim insertion OR sim reading issue. Confused how improper sim reading can make the phone so crazy!

Have been using the phone for couple of months. Did not face any issues. Working pretty smooth.

Those on Amazon.in who have rated it cheaply, justify it, mentioning the supposed discontinuation of CynogenMod updates for india, as per their agreement with Micromax. I found it a bit bizzare earlier on but many of them verify it. So at least we shall get Lollipop on it soon, if not future CynogenMod version updates?

My phone is from US so no worry on the updates. Will get everything that comes in. Else folks can flash the updates too. The files would be available on the one plus one forum

Though I don't use a One+One, I just came acroos the Bacon Root Toolkit - made by the same guy who does Nexus Root Toolkit or NRT - excellent all inclusive tool (not just for rooting)

http://www.wugfresh.com/brt/

My phone is from US so no worry on the updates. Will get everything that comes in. Else folks can flash the updates too. The files would be available on the one plus one forum

It would not have warranty though, which is a major worry for a new manufacturer. Congrats though, by all accounts it is a great device

Any Indian OPOs have the screen yellow band problem?

Yes, plenty of them.. Check Amazon.in for 1-2 star reviews... Looks like they never googled for the simple solution (UV exposure) as per 1st post & few of them simply returning back the handset. I don't blame them but which other handset can boast of such specs, at even 50% more price?

When I am using with BSNL Sim, it is not picking up network at all. Rest of GSM sim of other companies working without any problem. What might be the problem?

I had an app refresh/closure issue due to sim (cut to micro).. You have another bsnl sim related issue. Unfortunately, we don't see anyone else Reporting such sim related issues or solutions.

I was about to give this beauty away until I found the issue/solution myself.

Edited by ACS

I have been using OPO since a month & half, everything working flawlessly.

There was one issue however it has now been resolved.

HD Video (1080p) perhaps wasn't being supported by the phone even after installing MX Player + required codec.

I hv them running smoothly on other phones like htc one, moto x, oppo n1, etc with same combination of mx player + codec.

Moreover it didn't throw back an error but actually hung & I had to force restart. I was still happy to live with that prob since rest of performance was just superb considering the price & availability of the phone.

After few days mx player got updated & now the same videos run flawlessly.

The stock vid player still doesn't run the videos & the phone looses its patience & hangs up.

Was facing intermittent charging issues since the past 2 weeks.. Came to my notice only after enabling a 'charging notification/sound'. Was struggling to find a solution online & later came to know its a faulty cable which was the culprit. Carries a 3 month replacement warranty.

Need to now surrender it at the ASC & wait for a replacement from OpO. Pretty silly they don't keep excess stock.

Taken all ASC nos LL/Mob from their CC & blasted their manager. He eventually took a deviation & booked a cable for me after mailing the bill scan copy with my details. Saved me 1 visit & headache. Currently using another cable with same charger.

Few OPO inv. if any one need ....

6 hours left to expire :)

1. NBR-EZDC-16RZ-P18M
  2. INKZ-UTKD-FIAG-IRWY
Edited by invisiblebond

^^^ Invites can be shared in other thread.

Apart from a persistent charging issue, rest all is fine at my end. As described, the charging was intermittent with original cable, worked fine with another cable albeit charging slowed down. Complaint given & cable reaches the ASC after a month! But EOD cable replacement also hasn't helped. Going back to another cable.

This time, will take the phone & accessories to the ASC to diagnose the real issue.

I have India unit of Oneplus One phone. Does anyone know if this will work in US? I am moving to US soon and before traveling wanted to know if it works with US operators or not.

It works with both major GSM operators' [T-Mobile and AT&T] 3G networks and reg 4G network it supports almost all bands except one or two...

So you can use it for calls and 3G data without any issue.. Reg 4G LTE, it will work without issues in 75% locations of US, afaik...

I tried the Reliance Jio 4G sim in my One+ One.
SIM is detecting but the phone is not getting registered to the network.

^^^^ That's surprising.. Hope its not a roaming location where you're trying

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk