Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Avichal123

Reliance CDMA RUIM on Verizon iPhone 5 5C 5S and 6

Hi RimWebians...

I am sort of a newbie here..

I searched the whole forum for this topic but did not find anything related so made a new page.

I have been trying to get CDMA RUIM working on recent Apple iPhones as iPhone 4 and 4S were the last iPhone I had made working and used on Reliance(via MEID Registeration).

I have heard a lot about Verizon iPhone (Recent Ones - 5 5S 5C and Probably 6) work on CDMA RUIM maybe via tweaking or directly.

Till now I have tried RUIM in Indian sets and US unlocked sets and can confirm non working.

I met a man online who says he has tried RUIM in a Verizon Unlocked Phone and Calls and SMS work straight away.

After researching more I came to know about a special sim that comes with MIN Programmed in it and you need to get your no. transferred over it (Via WebWorld).

This sim when inserted in Verizon iPhone work with Data SMS and Calls all without any problems.

Could someone throw some light on this matter.

I tried searching over every area and wanted to know if the above is correct.If yes,then where can I buy these "Special SIM" that support data.

I will be buying Verizon iPhone 5S and 5C accordingly.

I have almost made my mind to order as it will work with GSM anyways but I want it to work with Reliance CDMA and with data if possible.

Need Help from Experts.

Thank You

• Like 1

Yes it can be made to work through modded sim. But some bit of programming is done to phone as well. Plus you can't update ios then. Lastly till iOS 7 solutions were there. After iOS 8 I have been told it's in process.

• Like 1

:previous:

modded means any series sim or custom made sim by using sim writer??

I was told that, if you use R-sim10 or R-sim 9+ (even if the phone is factory unlocked) by applying patch from Cydia (jailbreak) the OMH CDMA will work.

This is the information on the r-sim web

http://www.rsim5.com/instruction.php

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyh7fscoqdipvet/r-sim.jpg?dl=0

Somebody may check and tell us everybody.

Edited by Guru Gopal

I had tried The New Rsim Mini with iPhone 5C and tried all the patches...I was not able to run RUIM nor GSM Sims...I had tried in Sprint Iphone 5c (Not Unlockable) and Cricket Wireless Iphone 5c (Partially Unlockable).(Both being CDMA carriers)

So maybe newer RSIMs or Verizon iPhones may work..

Where to buy Rsim from these days. Do not see any seller on ebay anymore.

Its still available by some sellers at Shopclues and maybe some other sites..

http://www.shopclues.com/r-sim-air-2-unlock-for4s-5-5c-5s-ios-6.x-7.1.1-7.x-including-sprint-read-details.html

http://www.shopclues.com/original-rsim-r-sim-10-unlock-for-iphone-4s-5-5s-5c-6-6plus-ios-6.0-8.x-see-note-5.html

http://www.shopclues.com/original-rsim-r-sim-for-iphone-4s-5-5s-5c-6-6plus-ios-6.0-8.x-ios-6.0-8.x.html

And yes RSim site claims that Rsim 10 supports CDMA Sim with 4G..But haven't tried..

I tried it 8-9 Months back with RSim Mini with no result..So It may work now...If anyone's having Veriozon iPhone then they may please check and confirm..

True @GG

Was once stuck with improper data services on an unlocked cdma LG G2 & was suggested it will work with a modded sim which was insanely priced & 'rare'.

Finally, replaced the cut-micro with an original cdma micro sim & it started working like a charm..

• Like 1

I have Verizon iPhone 5 unlocked. I've tried normal SIM rcdma but couldn't use it. Rsim is available at web world franchises? The one next to me is yet giving me old SIM card, the standard size.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

No,Rsims are not available at Web World...You have to Buy it from online sites.I have provided links in earlier posts..You can buy it from their.And Web World does not yet have nano sims,you have to get them cut from market or you can do it yourself..

Keep me informed..

Most of R-sim 10 available in india are fake. So be careful before purchase. My advice is go for local shop and ask them to get it worked in the phone after that, only pay. This will ensure your money.

^^^^ what's RSim 10? But fake theory? The cost of sim to a dealer/RMS is just 4 bucks. Usmein bhi fake? Or could it be some compatibility issue with the OS version.

The Verizon LG G2 I bought earlier, didn't work with original micro on 4.4, so we updated the OS version to 4.4.2 & went for a new sim (cut-micro) as suggested by seller. Didn't work. Changed many cut-micros in order to test various serial nos, didn't work..

Finally went back to original micro & it started working!

Incompatibility due to Carrier types, OS version, sim cut types & serial nos.. This CDMA world is a crazy place for noobs!

Edited by ACS
  • Like 1

Not only for noobs, sometimes it's hit or miss for experienced users too. Main issue is even the operators are not interested enough or efficient or both. As a result, cdma is unnecessarily complicated imho.

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^^^^ what's RSim 10? But fake theory? The cost of sim to a dealer/RMS is just 4 bucks. Usmein bhi fake?

RSim 10 is not equal to Reliance Sim. So cost of Rsim10 is not 4 bucks.

^^^ So what's the secret behind it?

^^^ So what's the secret behind it?

R-Sim means it is gevey sim. It is thin microfilm like having chip. It will be used only for iPhone. It has to be put along with sim in the sim tray. Always used to bypass carrier lock in iPhone and used to work GSM sims. It is not reliance sims.

Now the company claims that, R-SIM 9+ with Nano and R-sim 10 will work both GSM and CDMA sim with applying patch in iPhone. I think I have confused you much.

Got it, now we have R-sim, R10 sim & modded sims, all which help us use imported cdma phones.

iPhone 5S Verizon will support RGE series sim card personally tested, call sms will work but no data. 3g icon will shows but no data. may be its required some tricks.

iPhone 5S Verizon will support RGE series sim card personally tested, call sms will work but no data. 3g icon will shows but no data. may be its required some tricks.

You could try pushing rcdma APN etc through iPhone configuration utility.

Iphone config utility.. does it requires a jailbroken iphone?

Iphone config utility.. does it requires a jailbroken iphone?

No not at all

To give you a brief idea

iPhone Configuration Utility lets you easily create, maintain, encrypt, and push configuration profiles, track and install provisioning profiles and authorized applications, and capture device information including console logs.

Configuration profiles are XML files that contain device security policies, VPN configuration information, Wi-Fi settings, APN settings, Exchange account settings, mail settings, and certificates that permit iPhone and iPod touch to work with your enterprise systems.

ohk, thanks for the info. Searched the web only to find that iPhone config utility is no longer supported by apple and may not work on iOS8. For new iPhones they want us to use Apple configurator which unfortunately is not available on windows platform. Will do more research and update the thread as I find more info. Other users are also requested to chip in with whatever useful information they get so together we may find the solution to this unique problem.

Any luck for data on rg series ?

How to get modded sim for iphone 5s ?

Price ?

ohk, thanks for the info. Searched the web only to find that iPhone config utility is no longer supported by apple and may not work on iOS8. For new iPhones they want us to use Apple configurator which unfortunately is not available on windows platform. Will do more research and update the thread as I find more info. Other users are also requested to chip in with whatever useful information they get so together we may find the solution to this unique problem.

iPhone config utility works with os x (mac specific) and I am using the same. for windows you can use ifunbox. More or less similar.