Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sgiitk

Sprint HTC One M7 Lollipop now available for OTA

I found that the Sprint htc One M7 OTA for Lollipop is now shipping. Did a check for updates and found it 815.56MB (Ver6.16.151.2) available for download. I have just initiated the download. Fingers (and toes) crossed.

Edited by sgiitk

i updated my brothers m7 this noon. works perfect. not many apparent changes to notice.

except notifications on lock screen, recent apps look, transparent notification bar.........

camera has split photo and photo booth features

Edited by ::: VA :::
  • Like 1

I've just loaded it yesterday. It's good add of now. I think there's improvement in battery. To really to comment though.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Yes, went butter smooth. Much better than to Kitkat. I had to check that the update really happened. Battery life is much better.

................Added.............

I am now on GSM and needed to do zilch. At most you may have to change data mode to GSM/UMTS again to work in GSM.

Edited by sgiitk

I use sim unlocked sprint htc one m7 its currently running jelly bean..i wanted to know can it be updated and not get locked again please help me with this as one person told me that it can be bricked also

Also there is no option for system update or software update in settings..i would be thankful to u

@gaurav9755; Exactly what I had. No issues.

@sgiitk Thanks for your reply..Its s-off,bootloader locked,supercid,hboot 1.55 ..do i have to flash sprint ruu or an unlocked ruu and not loose my sim unlock..can u pls guide me through the procedure

@sgiitk Thanks for your reply..Its s-off,bootloader locked,supercid,hboot 1.55 ..do i have to flash sprint ruu or an unlocked ruu and not loose my sim unlock..can u pls guide me through the procedure

I am using cdma with sim (Sprint version). Can anyone confirm if data n all works after updating to Lollipop

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

I am using cdma with sim (Sprint version). Can anyone confirm if data n all works after updating to Lollipop

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

Yes data works but after updating to lollipop the phone goes in digital roaming mode. So, once it goes you have to flash that radio via CMD.

The update will not harm anything.

Lolipop M7 non-ruim data works great

Just get the update and install. Nothing more. I am on GSM on a standard unlocked unit (from hetal).

Now with M9 out fun starts. 20MB rear camera, 128GB uSD, etc. So I guess this is the last update we got for the M7.

Anyone can guide me on how to enable OMH RUIM on Sprint HTC One M7 ? Its already working with GSM SIM.

I am planing to buy this handset for use on CDMA as 3G coverage has detoriated near my Home & Office both.

So I just want to be sure EVDO, SMS, Calls will work fine and I won't loose CDMA settings on every update etc.

Any help would be welcome..

Edited by ami1

You have to flash cdma radio via cmd. There's a separate topic by Dr.faramroze in this forum. It'll just require 5-10 minutes to flash the radio.

• Like 1

Got a message about software update 6.23.651.6. The download was 312.0MB. Install went ultra smooth, all data and settings preserved. Update install took about 30 minutes.

56191e4537332dcb4425d149facbd63d.jpg

e8690c9cc1f575763749fc4c500b50b5.jpg

Flashed yesterday. Smooth update, was expecting few more things.

I san the refresh. Amazing number of htc updates were installed. i think the total updates were in excess of 100MB.

Any HTC gurus have any idea how to turn off the "handsfree activation" which starts off whenever I reboot the phone ?

It keeps trying for half an hour. Am on sprint HTC One M8 using CDMA sim and I can press home button to send the activation dialogue to background but it keeps popping up every few minutes.

Another query : when I put in GSM sim where do I select between CDMA / GSM ? There's no menu for mobile network in it.

Delete activation apk from /system/priv-app folder. Just make sure that you take nandroid backup in case you delete or rename wrong file.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

@ami1 firstly if some file Explorer is not able to permanently change the name or delete the file, try using latest twrp recovery and change name via file manager in recovery.

Second, to choose gsm, I guess u click on mobile data and then mobile network. And choose gsm umts

Delete activation apk from /system/priv-app folder. Just make sure that you take nandroid backup in case you delete or rename wrong file.

Sent from HTC M8 using Tapatalk.

The file to be renamed seems to be /system/app/HTCSetupWizard/HTCSetupWizard.apk and /system/app/HtcOMADM_SPCS/HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk. I couldn't find an activation.apk anywhere.

^ You are right. there is no actication apk in HTC. My bad.

You mentioned the correct files.

There is a new update available for the Sprint One M7 -- 6.23.651.7. Size is shown as 169 MB.

Has anyone tried it?

0b788d789dfac6e483b1c60066bdd422.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk