Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
akhil@123

Unable to get MSL on Lollipop in Sprint Note 4 and also unable to unlock GSM

Dr ji ur great, it really worked,gsm working now on lollipop without downgrade but my cdma ril nano rec06 series sim shows invalid,

in dfs i changed to ruim mode, flashed ril prl and nv file but same issue, will rec work or need rge sim

Nd firstly THANK U SO MUCH FOR UR HELP,i was searching for this solution since last 7 days, downloaded gbs of data but none worked accept ur given solution worked like a charm.. Thank u again...

Thanks a lot to Dr. for the proper solution. Now we can unlock without downgrade.

@Dhaval, in Note Edge Sprint only RG series sim works for CDMA.

Thank u so much i will swap my number soon

Strange issue on my Note4 Sprint Running on Kit Kat...I am unable to unlock my phone got mal code,did uicc unlock from galaxy tools..but when I tried to change band from cdma/lte to gsm it immediately turns back to cdma/lte means it's not sticking to gsm network nor even global mode...flashed lollipop stock,kit Kat stock,rtn reset but still same issue,tried changing mode from DATA menu ##3282# but didn't worked...I got this phone in such condition only...anyone has idea about this issue...

Download CWM recovery. Install 4.4.2-rooted.zip. Or install the latest version of galaxy tools apk. It works on Lollipop, MSL reading and also GSM UICC unlock from the same application.

Sent from my N900p

Please can you post link to Galaxy Tools apk? I am looking for it at google but all I get is galaxy toolbox apk which is for unlocking old galaxy models. Thank you!

Here is the way I got rooted and got spc unlocked sprint for GSM on 5.0.1.

I. first step put the phone on DM Mode. ##3424# and selected pda next step is DM+Modem+ADB

2.Second step is gone to settings/security reactivation lock (originally unchecked) checked and loging with samsung id. restarted again unchecked the same by confirming samsung id. rebooted. USB debugging on in Developer Options ( Click number of times on Build Number in (System/about Device/Build Number)

3. Third Step: Downloaded root file from https://autoroot.chainfire.eu I downloaded note4 sprint 4.4.4 file. (download appropriate file for your phone). Downloaded ODIN 3.0.7 it works for me.

4. 4th step= Put your phone in download mode (Volume down+Home+Power) selected volume up and connected the phone to PC.

5. 5th step = selected only auto reboot in ODIN and selected the root file downloaded in third step in PDA. Flashed it to success.

6. 6th step= downloaded the following files to Phone it self (you can put it in SD card also) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czlnfew8mehzizn/AABowd6h__GsXQl7DjcLBksFa?dl=0

7. 7th step . The phone is on wifi and installed the superuser.apk from supersu folder in the phone. (Just install do not open) installed pingpongroot_beta6.apk from phone. It will install again su permit it (do not open, just run) run pingpong root apps of the phone. Update and root. you will get message (Failed means you missed) reboot means success. after reboot install Gtv3.1.5.apk from phone. run it allow update.

Finally run Galaxy tools app from applications. you can see MSL and also able to unlock. you can enable native tether. you can add apn. you can also get rid off Hands free activation from there.

Enjoy.

Sorry for the mistakes in typing.

Edited by Guru Gopal
  • Like 3

Here is the way I got rooted and got spc unlocked sprint for GSM on 5.0.1.

I. first step put the phone on DM Mode. ##3424# and selected pda next step is DM+Modem+ADB

2.Second step is gone to settings/security reactivation lock (originally unchecked) checked and loging with samsung id. restarted again unchecked the same by confirming samsung id. rebooted. USB debugging on in Developer Options ( Click number of times on Build Number in (System/about Device/Build Number)

3. Third Step: Downloaded root file from https://autoroot.chainfire.eu I downloaded note4 sprint 4.4.4 file. (download appropriate file for your phone). Downloaded ODIN 3.0.7 it works for me.

4. 4th step= Put your phone in download mode (Volume down+Home+Power) selected volume up and connected the phone to PC.

5. 5th step = selected only auto reboot in ODIN and selected the root file downloaded in third step in PDA. Flashed it to success.

6. 6th step= downloaded the following files to Phone it self (you can put it in SD card also) https://www.dropbox.com/sh/czlnfew8mehzizn/AABowd6h__GsXQl7DjcLBksFa?dl=0

7. 7th step . The phone is on wifi and installed the superuser.apk from supersu folder in the phone. (Just install do not open) installed pingpongroot_beta6.apk from phone. It will install again su permit it (do not open, just run) run pingpong root apps of the phone. Update and root. you will get message (Failed means you missed) reboot means success. after reboot install Gtv3.1.5.apk from phone. run it allow update.

Finally run Galaxy tools app from applications. you can see MSL and also able to unlock. you can enable native tether. you can add apn. you can also get rid off Hands free activation from there.

Enjoy.

Sorry for the mistakes in typing.

but I am unable to change mode to RUIM only in dfs in lollipop 5.01, with above steps I successfully unlocked phone for GSM , got the MSL but dfs is working only as Read Only.

Also tried to downgrade via odin , not able to , is there any way now I can use Sprint Note 4 on Reliance CDMA , please help

don t try to downgrade it erase your efs.....

don t try to downgrade it erase your efs.....

okay so how should I get Reliance CDMA working ?

have u entered both spc and 15digits password in dfs?

chat me on hangouts. gurugopal@gmail.com

We stopped the development of GalaxyTools, please don't use nor share it anymore.

We added a lot of features in our new application and created it to be simple, with just one click you will Unlock, read MSL, de-brand, disable Hands Free Activation, enable Wi-Fi Hotspot & USB Tethering and set Hotspot connection to the maximum supported by your device!
It works even on 5.1.1
and here the instructions: http://idoneapps.com/instructions.php
Regards,
Nodial (idoneapps).

We stopped the development of GalaxyTools, please don't use nor share it anymore.

We added a lot of features in our new application and created it to be simple, with just one click you will Unlock, read MSL, de-brand, disable Hands Free Activation, enable Wi-Fi Hotspot & USB Tethering and set Hotspot connection to the maximum supported by your device!
It works even on 5.1.1
and here the instructions: http://idoneapps.com/instructions.php
Regards,
Nodial (idoneapps).

ok removing from drop box.