Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

Haier E718 CDMA OMH + GSM, Best Voice Clarity Android Handset

Dear friends,

I bought this Haier E718 handset from snapdeal and using this for the past 3 months. Actually I bought this handset for my mother but seeing it's amazing voice clarity, good signal capturing and good battery backup, I gave my ZTE N919D to my mother (her secondary phone and using rarely) and I took this handset for me.

Yes, believe me friends, this is the best voice clarity handset I have ever seen, I used, MTS Blaze 4, MTS Blaze 4.5, MTS Blaze 5 (ZTE N919D), HTC Desire XC, Xiaomi Redmi 1s CDMA, LG Volt LS740 etc. comparing to these handsets, this Haier E718 handset gives superb voice clarity with loud volume. So I can talk in noisy roads, fast moving vehicles without any hearing difficulty. In other words if your purpose is CDMA voice calling this is the best phone for you. Earpiece volume is crisp and clear with sufficient loud volume, better than the above handsets I had mentioned. No overheating, touch is smooth, no lagging, overall highly recommended for calling purpose.

Seller : Snapdeal.com

Price : Rs. 6245/-

Shipping : Through BlueDart courier to Kerala, received on the 4th day of order.

Packing : No extra protective box packing. Handset box was covered in snapdeal brand paper and plastic cover. Total size and weight of package was small.

Accessories in the box : Charger with USB cable, headset, booklet, warranty card and a free screen protector.

Phone Appearance : Good looking

Build quality : satisfactory, but compared to "HTC Desire XC CDMA" it is poor.

Display : Avarage 4.5 inch with 480 x 854 Pixels. Best size to keep in pants pocket

Camera : Avarage

Speakers : Good

Perfomance : Avarage

CDMA Signal Capturing : Best

Battery backup : Good (only 1750mAh but I am getting 2 days with moderate call use, LG Volt LS740 is best in the above given list)

Ringer Volume : Good. Loud and clear

SIM Size : regular R-UIM and regular SIM. No need to cut short.

No Flip cover or screen protector are available in the market.

Ordinary plastic screen protector is included in the box.

If tempered glass protector is required you can try "Xolo One" tempered glass protector, length is exact but breadth is 1 to 2 mm smaller (http://www.amazon.in/DEFENDER-Shatterproof-Protector-Disinfectant-Xolo/dp/B00SWSLYSO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1426368757&sr=8-2&keywords=xolo+one+tempered+glass)

If flip cover is required you can try "Xolo q800" flip cover. Needs some alterations, Volume key and Mini USB port cut with paper knife, speaker hole can make with hot soldering iron and lower extra length of back plate can be reduced by showing the lower (bottom) portion of backplate in hot heater or flame and folding the plastic inwards when it becomes soft. Call can accept or reject without opening the flip cover. Name or number can be seen through the square window. (http://www.amazon.in/Iway-Table-Caller-Cover-BLACK/dp/B00P0YMYUU/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1426323964&sr=8-3&keywords=xolo+q800+flip+cover)

(One picture shows comparison of size with LG Volt and ZTE N919D. One picture with the above mentioned flipcover. Applied screen protector is different than mentioned)

post-60936-0-45210700-1426320618_thumb.j

post-60936-0-38511600-1426320688_thumb.j

post-60936-0-42518000-1426320770_thumb.j

post-60936-0-04061900-1426320846_thumb.j

• Like 6

Nice useful review kapildev

How is the internet connection via evdo?

Is it dual sim with GSM capabilities ? Does GSM 3G work ?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Regarding 3g, I doubt.. as gsm is on 2nd sim, it should be restricted to 2g (edge).. rest, kapilji can shed more light as being the actual user..

tap'n frm HTC desire 816d on R-CDMA / R-GSM

It is a CDMA + GSM phone. EVDO Rev.A data is working with CDMA R-UIM. 1x signal strength and EVDO signal strength are showing seperately in the notification bar (at the time of photograph phone was set in "1x only" mode, so not showing in the given pictures, 1x only, EVDO only and hybrid mode can be selected in the SIM manager). When using data with GSM SIM, only 2G is working, no 3G, "E" symbol (Edge) showing when data is transferred. Can manually add CDMA and GSM APNs (access point name). When I put T24 GSM SIM, APN is not added automatically, so I entered manually and it is working well.

Thanks for info

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

The search for a good flip cover for Haier E718 became fruitfull and I am very much satisfied. "Wallet cover case for LG Volt LS740" is fit for this. I bought this from EBay.in from a seller "gowinall2014" They sent the flip cover directly from USA and it took 20 days to receive the item. (This is link of my purchase) Price is a little high, nearly 1k Rupees, but quality is very high and size and shape is perfectly fit for this phone. The phone holding plate is made of rubber like flexible material and good quality. Very easy to put in pocket. We have to make small holes in 3 places in the phone holding plate (1) for USB charging port (2) for volume keys (3) speaker, for speaker cutting only required in the phone holding plate and no hole required in the PU case. The first and second holes can be put using a blade and third speaker cut can be made with scissors. As the holding plate is made up up of soft rubbery material, it is very easy to make cuts. The only disadvantage is, the camera has no flash light hole.

post-60936-0-80582300-1428730097_thumb.j

post-60936-0-21021500-1428730381_thumb.j

post-60936-0-70356700-1428730470_thumb.j

post-60936-0-32609400-1428730593_thumb.j

post-60936-0-55971000-1428730847_thumb.j

Edited by KAPILKDEV

It is a CDMA + GSM phone. EVDO Rev.A data is working with CDMA R-UIM. 1x signal strength and EVDO signal strength are showing seperately in the notification bar (at the time of photograph phone was set in "1x only" mode, so not showing in the given pictures, 1x only, EVDO only and hybrid mode can be selected in the SIM manager). When using data with GSM SIM, only 2G is working, no 3G, "E" symbol (Edge) showing when data is transferred. Can manually add CDMA and GSM APNs (access point name). When I put T24 GSM SIM, APN is not added automatically, so I entered manually and it is working well.

Based on your recommendation I have recently purchased this handset. It is a good phone for the price.

But data speedon Reliance EVDO is only < 1Mbps most of the time.

Edited by digitallogic

Based on your recommendation I have recently purchased this handset. It is a good phone for the price.

But data speedon Reliance EVDO is only < 1Mbps most of the time.

Reliance has capped EVDO speeds at many places to 1 mbps after it launched unlimited plans. This was done so that everyone is able to use EVDO. If you get speeds more then 1 mbps then consider yourself lucky

Reliance has capped EVDO speeds at many places to 1 mbps after it launched unlimited plans. This was done so that everyone is able to use EVDO. If you get speeds more then 1 mbps then consider yourself lucky

Thanks for the info.

When I am connected to the Internet, the phone shows 3G in green colour. So I was under the impression EVDO would give at least 3.1 Mbps speed :doh:

Do we get higher speeds on mobile network from other CDMA service providers like MTS or TATA Indicom ?

This phone is suitable for voice calling only. Internet speed may be slow in this handset. Use minimum number of apps to avoid hanging. For higher internet speeds please use EVDO Rev B handsets (this handset is Rev A).

After a few days of usage, I've observed that this handset generally delivers Internet at speeds ranging between 1 Mbps and 2.5 Mbps on Reliance network in EVDO mode. I think this speed is more than enough for anyone who does normal browsing or watches videos online occasionally on a CDMA phone. So, I'd say this handset is not bad at all for Internet data access !

However in my experience the signal reception and voice clarity on calls in this handset (using Reliance CDMA network) is just the same as with other phones. CDMA calls always get disconnected when the signal strength is low.

If anyone is looking for a cover for this phone at lesser price, the following link might be helpful to you :

http://www.flipkart.com/wow-pouch-lenovo-a526/p/itmdyagvyj8sum62?pid=ACCDYAGVMNVZCZKR&icmpid=reco_pp_same_mobileaccessory_casescovers_2&ppid=ACCDYAGVQPD7YGHD

This phone cover costs 399 bucks. It fits my E718 perfectly well :)

Kapil, I can see you have used Xiaomi Redmi 1s CDMA. I am looking for it since long time. can you please confirm following points:-

1. Does Reliance CDMA works in Redmi 1s with DATA i.e. EVDO

2. If Yes, From where can i get this phone? because in india all xiaomi phones are GSM only. (If possible please give an elaborate reply to my this query)

3. Is there any other xiaomi phone available in CDMA (Like Mi4i or Mi4 or Redmi 2)

4. Do you still possess the said phone (In case you are willing to sell it, I am interested :-) )

u can pm me also

Regards

Amrit

I used, MTS Blaze 4, MTS Blaze 4.5, MTS Blaze 5 (ZTE N919D), HTC Desire XC, Xiaomi Redmi 1s CDMA, LG Volt LS740 etc. comparing to these handsets, this Haier E718 handset gives superb voice clarity with loud volume.