Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
iamrafic

[Tutorial] How to unlock HTC Desire 510 Sprint/Virgin/Boost

This is working, but the phone not receives signals in gsm network, any solution?

GSM unlock not available yet on HTC deisre 510. Not sure it has GSM capabality. Only CDMA works for now.

I am sure it has the GSM Capabilities , when I looked at the www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=4565 (support GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900).

But the phone also not receives signals in LTE network (2600mhz in my area ), why?

Note: This is sprint version and I'm trying to use in LTE network outside the United States.

After completing Step 4, not able to do step 5, as it keeps running the Hands Free Activation even after it failed.

Could you please guide me if there is anything that i missed?

Thanks for this guide!!

Hello guys

so i've got sprint htc desire 510 and want to unlock for gsm networks

is there any way to do that?

don't know if i've done step 5 correctly, because 2-3 times i did it and freezed , while i was getting vdm stopped error .

now simunlockhepler doesn't open anything

so what to do?

i am done till rooting but not able to do sim unlock due to Hands Free Activation, someone please help to bypass the Sprint Hands Free Activation.

thanks

i am done till rooting but not able to do sim unlock due to Hands Free Activation, someone please help to bypass the Sprint Hands Free Activation.

thanks

Handsfree activation? Disable wifi and perform the steps.

thanks

Handsfree activation? Disable wifi and perform the steps.

how to disable wifi?? i am not able to access settings, airplane mode already turned on.

you dont need that.

if you have recovery. go in it , then choose advanced>mount and check system, then choose file manager and go to system>app and delete htcsetupwizard.apk

or just wait 10-15 minutes after it starts up and then you can access phone , without activating

I have done till rooting but not able to unlock the sim.

I am able rename HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex, but not able to copy the attached HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk to the /system/app

Also the sim unlock helper is not working when i hit back it doesnt say anything like "Device Verified"

can someone please let me know if I am missing anything?

htcsetupwizard.apk deleted now no more hands free activation.

but now sim unlocker giving error "DM is not responding"

even not able to turn on diag, after entering spc getting error "Sorry com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly"

i'm also getting error on sim unlocker . and can't find any solution for that

and if you want diag , you must dial ##3424# on phone

yes i know how to turn on diag and i did it in first step successfully but now after entering spc i am getting error "sorry com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly" :doh:

Is it possible that i buy a bad esn phone and then activate it for ruim?? By this method

Is it possible that i buy a bad esn phone and then activate it for ruim?? By this method

Yes, you can. But why? New itself less than 50$.

@cooladitya007 have u flashed boot. img file and then tried to run msl utility... if not try to find spc after flashing twrp and then connect to wifi get spc, reboot phone and flash kernel

Gurus- I m not able to perform step no 5 coz of activation screen. I waited for 10-15 mins but not able to get rid of the same. Pls confirm if I will be able to perform rest of the steps smoothly by deleting the htcwizard apk through recovery

rename htcsetup wizard. apk to. bak u will bypass activation screen..

@cooladitya007 have u flashed boot. img file and then tried to run msl utility... if not try to find spc after flashing twrp and then connect to wifi get spc, reboot phone and flash kernel

i have not flashed any boot.img file i just followed the OP step by step.

i already have spc and twrp installed.

after typing ##3424# Selected 1 . "DM On" and entered the SPC Code but getting error "sorry com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly"

everything was done successfully till step 5 : Rooting.

i am super stressed due to some medical reasons, not able to pay full attention so please help me guys.

thanks.

u might hv flashed the boot. img.. try changing mode immediately after installing twrp and even change nv mode to ruim only..

but how to change nv mode to ruim only mode without DM on??

Hi Gurus pls need your help. I am getting similar errors mentioned by cooladitya as mentioned on the thread while unlocking HTC desire 510.

Right now i am stuck after struggling through the SIMUNLOCKER Step. I am not able to get into diag mode coz while inputting SPC i am getting error "sorry com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly"

Pls help the step forward

@cooladitya007: impossible buddy... as of my knowledge

agreed but now what to do??

many other members are facing same issue, i also got some pm regarding this issue but cant help them even i am clueless.

requesting OP, senior members and all those guys who done iy successfully please help us.