Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
iamrafic

[Tutorial] How to unlock HTC Desire 510 Sprint/Virgin/Boost

Thanku aman and ashish! my email id is JIGAR_JJR@yahoo.com.. I found twrp image, but i think before that only my i by mistake hit the factory reset button in the hboot. Now, even after recovery my phone is not opening.. It autoshut downs as i mentioned.. Any way we can restore the original setting and continue with rooting all over again?? or any other suggestions?? plz guyz i am worried.. its over 4 days and my phone has not started.. save me

I`m very sad to say I`m still not able to unlock the phone. I`m stuck @ step 5.

When I open Sim Unlock Helper and go to log and comeback, it just says start and nothing like Device Verified and all. Another thing--> even after pressing simunlock and waiting for few mins and coming back to log, the log file is empty only.. Someone please help..

sim unlock is showing the hidden menu but there is no message on device verified while pressing back key & no message on sim unlock.

Sim is not getting unlocked. Pls confirm if sim unlock works hboot 3.19.

I`m going through the same problems as you. Please guide me through how to unlock and please consider posting it here as it wud help others facing similar probs. I have also PMed you..

sim unlock is showing the hidden menu but there is no message on device verified while pressing back key & no message on sim unlock.

I`m going through the same problems as you. Please guide me through how to unlock and please consider posting it here as it wud help others facing similar probs. I have also PMed you..

When I open Sim Unlock Helper and go to log and comeback, it just says start and nothing like Device Verified and all. Another thing--> even after pressing simunlock and waiting for few mins and coming back to log, the log file is empty only.. Someone please help..

Most probably this issue may occur if the kernel is still write protected. Please flash the below stock write protection removed kernel and try unlocking.

Please note the below stock kernel has front camera issue. Once unlocking is successful then flash stock kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/development/sprint-virgin-mobile-stock-desire-510-t2958969

• Like 1

Most probably this issue may occur if the kernel is still write protected. Please flash the below stock write protection removed kernel and try unlocking.

Please note the below stock kernel has front camera issue. Once unlocking is successful then flash stock kernel.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/development/sprint-virgin-mobile-stock-desire-510-t2958969

You are the man.. Thanks a lot.. iamrafiq.. I got it working..

And I`m very sorry to say that @pradeep564 tried to make business out of this situation. Eventhough He came out of a similar situation as I am in, he asked me a "NOMINAL FEE" of 500 for unlocking..

• Like 1

:previous:

Fpkumaran- Before making any statements, Pls refer your inbox again. I have clearly written that one of my friend will do this for u @ a nominal fee of rs500.

Fyi.. I have got it done from him when I was stuck at this stage.

You are the man.. Thanks a lot.. iamrafiq.. I got it working..

Glad to know it worked. :)

i followed whole of the procedure but no cdma pop up and now no network

simcard invalid notofication has gone

Make it RUIM only using DFS. It will work.

:previous:

Fpkumaran- Before making any statements, Pls refer your inbox again. I have clearly written that one of my friend will do this for u @ a nominal fee of rs500.

Fyi.. I have got it done from him when I was stuck at this stage.

So Fradeep, It would`ve been nice had you divulged this information right out in the open forum instead of asking me to PM and then telling me that YOUR FRIEND wants 500 rs. ;)

• Like 2

At any point in time or after factory reset if the phone is stuck on activation screen, boot into twrp recovery, mount system, goto file manager, system directory, priv-app, delete setupwizard.apk and odex files. Reboot and it straight away lands on the home screen.

Sent from my N900p

• Like 3

@gpkumaran

pradeep is right i helped him out and initially i asked him money because many people are importing and asking step by step information.

knowing that he has unlocked phones earlier and not a newbie i just forwarded him the files.

every thing is there in forum we just need to pay attention.

and my intention is not to lose customers that is the reason i ask to pm.

if every newbie unlocks then who is going to pay us.

• Like 2

Hi Guyz.. I rooted my HTC Desire 510 but . I am not able to proceed to the next step of SIM unlocking as when i reboot my phone.. Hands free activation screen dosent go only. I waited for over 1 hour but still no change. Any help guyz..

HI,

in the step 5. when i insert an idea sim and bootup the phone it still say hands free activation and couldnt get past it to install root explorer.

now stuck in Simunlocker. when I click start, it shows that SU granted but no action. no menu nothing. it just sits there.

HI,

in the step 5. when i insert an idea sim and bootup the phone it still say hands free activation and couldnt get past it to install root explorer.

now stuck in Simunlocker. when I click start, it shows that SU granted but no action. no menu nothing. it just sits there.

This has already been addressed.

This unlock procedure is working perfect..

Is there any possibility to work with GSM networks like Airtel and Vodafone and I have bought new 4G Airtel SIM and the phone is not detecting..please help me.

Thanks,

Swati.

I have followed the entire procedure, and with DFS log also says device unlocked, but when i put Reliance CDMA sim and reboot, it still says no sim.

Any help would be appreciated.

HI,

This has already been addressed.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/development/sprint-virgin-mobile-stock-desire-510-t295i am not able to download

i am not able to download kernel from above link.

i am not able to download kernel from above link.

ITS WORKING FOR ME:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2yq87z9yetb371d/b.img

https://www.mediafire.com/?2yq87z9yetb371d

thanks a lot link working, flashed kernel without any issue all errors now gone but still sim unlocker not working for me.

now kernel version is "3.4.0 rbheromax@ubuntu #7 SMP PREEMPT" rooting done successfully, Root Explorer installed, renamed HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to HTCOMADM_SPCS2.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.2odex your given HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk file moved to /system/app Directory , have set the permission rw-r-r and rebooted but still when i run sim unlock helper and click start nothing happens.

btw i am not getting "Device Verified" message.

did everything again from beginning and this time all done smoothly thanks.

hey, can you please tell me which sim are you using? even I think i got it unlocked, but when insert reliance CDMA sim its not detecting.

Do we need to click on "sim lock" in the Simunlocker app with UICC sim inserted in the phone?

Please help me.. Thanks in advance!

Still no joy for gsm operators , right?

hey, can you please tell me which sim are you using? even I think i got it unlocked, but when insert reliance CDMA sim its not detecting.

Do we need to click on "sim lock" in the Simunlocker app with UICC sim inserted in the phone?

Please help me.. Thanks in advance!

No Not necessary. Which series SIM you are using?