Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
iamrafic

[Tutorial] How to unlock HTC Desire 510 Sprint/Virgin/Boost

Hi All,

I have compiled all the necessary steps from various internet forums to help our forum members . All credit goes to XDA forum members dip_spit, wolfaas12345, pattyboi:), nikme,Elithefly and our forum members.

STEP 5: SIM Unlock

• Install Root Explorer from Play Store and SIM Unlock Helper apk from the attachment
  • Use root explorer and rename HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else (like HTCOMADM_SPCS2.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.2odex) from /system/app Directory now copy the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk attached in this post make sure you have set the permission rw-r-r and reboot.
  • Open htc on sim unlock helper on your phone it will say htc one device check fail now click the 3 menu dot and click on display sim unlock log then hit the back button it should say Device Verified, now hit start and scroll down to simlock it will freeze for few seconds and then press back button it should be successful reboot
  • Delete the modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error.

STEP 5: SIM Unlock me confusio h plzzz help me ASAP

I Did all the procedures, in step 5 i didnt get any "Device Verified" Pop up. i continued and everything ran smoothly until i had to use The CDMA Tool.. i connected my device and when i inserted the SPC and pressed the blue icon the log says searching device and nothing else.... i really need help :unsurehelp:

I'm in Jamaica and and trying to use the Digicel Network

I Did all the procedures, in step 5 i didnt get any "Device Verified" Pop up. i continued and everything ran smoothly until i had to use The CDMA Tool.. i connected my device and when i inserted the SPC and pressed the blue icon the log says searching device and nothing else.... i really need help :unsurehelp:

I'm in Jamaica and and trying to use the Digicel Network

use dfs tool

Guys need help
I unlocked Sprint version but unable to use data... Pls guide to setup data .... calls and SMS working fine

You need to check the ruim series you are using. Data will only work with RECRUC06 series ruim with *228 activation process done on OMH evdo enabled handset.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 using Tapatalk

Ok so i think i made mistake of doing *228 on this phone. Calls and sms works but data wont work. How do i go about running data? do i have to get new sim or is there any other solution?

edit: I have RECRUC06 series omh cdma postpaid reliance sim card

so, bought htc desire 510 from online retailer (unlocked imported boostmobile).

I have recently done mnp from idea gsm to reliance cdma.

new sim was activated on reliance lava android by one of my friend. shortly after lost that sim card.

applied new for simcard and when i got htc desire 510 in my ignorance i activated new sim card on this unlocked htc desire 510 by *228.

now i can make calls and sms, but data wont work.

kindly guide me what to do.

thank you.

Sure shot solution is getting rge sim card. It will work with data. Otherwise try shifting number to a nano cdma card then it should work. Always, it's best to do *228 on the good old basic handsets of LG or Samsung.

Did as advised got new RECRUC06 series sim activated in one of the evdo enabled android phone in reliance mobile store. data started working.

did activation in surat from mobile store and i live in rural area nearby about 35-40km. Data EVDO works flawlessly in surat but doesnt work in my area.

In my area some times it would work for like 2-3 minutes then nothing whole day not even 1x. I have good coverage of 1x in my area no evdo.

I know it wont show 1x or evdo is active as its cdma/lte phone but i can judge if its 1x or evdo by speedtest app. but in my case in my area only data doesnt work at all.[in surat it works flawlessly evdo with 1mbps+ it was peak hour]

rarely when data works i can see 3g symbol near cellphone coverage bars and circle around 3g rotates and in settings where data enable/disable switch would show connected. but most of the time when it wont work there is circle not moving around 3gsymbol and data enable/disable switch although enabled would show disconnected underneath also speedtest and other apps would show network connection issues/ you are not connected to internet.

Tried following so far.

1.restarted phone many times

2.in *#*#4636#*#* tried changing preferred network type from cdma auto prl to cdma/evdo/lte (auto) and back did phone restart after each

3.Verified in EPST menu (##3282#) EVDO prefered mode is on CDMA HRD and DDTM is disabled.

so what seems to be problem? handset issue or reliance issue?

I got already unlocked handset from online seller. its not rooted. do i need to root it and do something?

I am lost here please guid me how to proceed next. If i contact customer care should i tell them that i have imported unlocked phone or I should tell them that i have samsung galaxy pop or something I am afraid they would simply say its handset problem since its imported and wont look further at all.

Thank you.

edit: one new thing i realized my data only works when its connected to evdo revA tower...and that coverage is spotty in my area...it doesnt work at all when it shows 1xRTT which has excellent coverage

Edited by nickaustin

Hi all,

after completing all these steps , accidently deleted the build.prop file is that possible to recover it.

Currenlty my device is not booting. any suggestions help.?

Thanks

mohan

Run stock ruu

I am not able to get the spc for Virgin mobile HTC 510.

It gives error as Result : File not available on the server.

is there an alternate way to get the spc ?

Hi, I have done all the 5 steps succesfully but in step 6 when i open the dfs and connect the phone its showing my phone port but when i am selecting it its showing phone is offline evn though i enabled the diag mode in the phone and tried entering the msl code in the dfs but its not working, please help.

Download the MSL Reader from Play store. It worked for me to get the MSL Code.

Does the Network Unlock goes off if i change to a different ROM??

[02:03:47] HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5) device offline [02:03:48] HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5) Opened [02:03:48] HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM5) device in daignostic mode [02:03:58] SPC Unlocked [02:04:35] Switching OfflineD OK [02:04:35] Write NV Items Range Operation Started.Please wait until completed... [02:04:35] Write NV Item (BD_ADDR) Skipped [02:04:35] Write NV Item (HDRAMP_HARDWARE_ID) Skipped [02:04:35] Write NV Item (HIGH_SPEED_USB_CURRENT_COMPOSITION) Skipped [02:04:35] Write NV Item (WLAN_MAC_ADDRESS) Skipped [02:04:35] Write NV Items Range Operation Completed

i am getting this in DFS when i did ruim only........did it completed ruim only? because i cannot use my cdma sim in it. Please help.

but this MSL Reader asking root access and i have unrooted device.

but this MSL Reader asking root access and i have unrooted device.

Does this works for Sprint Samsung devices also ?

This tutorial is really great, i have to say it! but it's my first time dealing with an android phone so i've been fighting here with this method for 3 days now and the phone is not unlocked yet. I'm stucked with the "Sim lock" feature.

Anyway, before i get help, someone please tell me that you have a HTC desire 510 from Boost already unlocked and working with another carrier, i don't want to lose my faith.

Anybody?!

Thanks for this tutorial, really good... i've learned a lot already anyway, but please Help me! :nerves::censored3::doh:

Thanks for the great tutorial.

I have read through the entire thread and confident of handling bootloop.

My dad bought a htc desire 510 on eBay india which ran out of storage. I am trying to install link2sd to increase internal storage. However I am new to htc devices in terms of flashing rooting etc. I have enclosed a screen shot of hboot page. Please advise if I should go ahead as detailed in OP.

Regards

Arun

post-91732-0-37987800-1462980494_thumb.j

Hello

I managed to

Unlock, Install Recovery and SU.

Have lost Wifi. Tried all kernels. None work

Do I have to start all over again?

All done. Used a kernel from XDA . Only annoying thing is , I have to add a zero before each number to dial (Like aditya's problem).

Arun

Can you update the apk files please? the link is sending me to page where it says the file is not available.

APK for MSL unlock do not work any more. i read my code using DFS evolution. Also tech support help me enable diag mode without MSL using new DFS Studio (ADT tool , its free for now) . For boost mobile devices can help you get SPC for free

Edited by Andrey Glushniov

All is working well like a unlocked . 

both camera working . wifi hotspot working 

RUIM working ..

DATA working at 1xRTT  but data not working at IS-95a 

can anyone have a prefect solution for data working ?