Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
iamrafic

[Tutorial] How to unlock HTC Desire 510 Sprint/Virgin/Boost

Hello All,

I am using HTC 510 as a CDMA device where front camera is not working ? Is there a way to convert it into  GSM and enabling the front camera ?

Please Help..

Hello All,

I am using HTC 510 as a CDMA device where front camera is not working ? Is there a way to convert it into  GSM and enabling the front camera ?

Please Help..

From camera will work with updated kernel. But no success on GSM unlock yet. Search this thread for updated kernel for Front camera.

Sent from my m8whl using Tapatalk

any custom rom or work around  for htc desire 510 which supports apps install in external memory?? as this device comes with just 2gb user memory.

5 minutes ago, cooladitya007 said:

any custom rom or work around  for htc desire 510 which supports apps install in external memory?? as this device comes with just 2gb user memory.

links2sd work great on 510..you can install any number of apps.. i personally had like 50 plus apps on 510..you need root for that.. , backup your data of memory card, (class 10 is preferable), make two partition of sdcard, one can be fat and secondary as ext4 2gb is fine, depends on you. (i made 16gb, i have 64gb card)  you can do that with aparted app, download it from playstore.

now install link2sd, it will create mount script on first run.. and then you can link apps 2 sd.. you can find loads of tutorial about it on google. 

moving app to sd is not recommended, it makes your phone slow and i also seen notifcation issues on whatsapp.. i recommend link2sd, it makes no difference at all. it feels like you are using that app as in your internal memory..

Raptorsense7 ROM will shift most apps to external memory except whatsapp. It is better than stock firmware.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

On 04/04/2015 at 0:04 AM, cooladitya007 said:

htcsetupwizard.apk deleted now no more hands free activation.

but now sim unlocker giving error "DM is not responding"

even not able to turn on diag, after entering spc getting error "Sorry com.android.phone has stopped unexpectedly"

I am stuck here with the dialer problem, how did you fix it?

15 hours ago, dr.faramroze said:

Raptorsense7 ROM will shift most apps to external memory except whatsapp. It is better than stock firmware.

Sent from my K016 using Tapatalk

thanks Dr.will try this rom.

20 hours ago, sunilromy said:

links2sd work great on 510..you can install any number of apps.. i personally had like 50 plus apps on 510..you need root for that.. , backup your data of memory card, (class 10 is preferable), make two partition of sdcard, one can be fat and secondary as ext4 2gb is fine, depends on you. (i made 16gb, i have 64gb card)  you can do that with aparted app, download it from playstore.

now install link2sd, it will create mount script on first run.. and then you can link apps 2 sd.. you can find loads of tutorial about it on google. 

moving app to sd is not recommended, it makes your phone slow and i also seen notifcation issues on whatsapp.. i recommend link2sd, it makes no difference at all. it feels like you are using that app as in your internal memory..

will try the method mentioned by you, i will use a brand new 32gb samsung evo+ (UHS-1) microsd card hope it will work fine.

12 hours ago, azsrockz said:

I am stuck here with the dialer problem, how did you fix it?

you need to run the RUU you can get it from htc official site and do the all process mentioned by OP.

12 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

thanks Dr.will try this rom.

will try the method mentioned by you, i will use a brand new 32gb samsung evo+ (UHS-1) microsd card hope it will work fine.

you need to run the RUU you can get it from htc official site and do the all process mentioned by OP.

The ruu fails to install. it says in bootloader "security fail ruu" i then rebooted the phone and nothing changed. the dialer problem still exists. my phone is the sprint variant and i have downloaded the correct sprint 510 ruu. the recover update option in the ruu gave me no luck. tried it few times and it still shows the security fail ruu. i have unlocked bootloader and twrp and root, does that effect the process? thanks a lot

UPDATE: i managed to get a stock twrp backup and get to work the DM on with the dialer. Now i am stuck at step 6. the DFS is not showing htc diagnostic port. also my phone is connected via the usb to my laptop, but on the phone it only shows charging, no storage sharing/mtp options, its just charging. though with the same usb cable and usb port my phone is recognized in fastboot mode, but not when it is turned on, i have installed htc sync manager but nothing works. any help? thanks

Edited by azsrockz
update

11 hours ago, azsrockz said:

The ruu fails to install. it says in bootloader "security fail ruu" i then rebooted the phone and nothing changed. the dialer problem still exists. my phone is the sprint variant and i have downloaded the correct sprint 510 ruu. the recover update option in the ruu gave me no luck. tried it few times and it still shows the security fail ruu. i have unlocked bootloader and twrp and root, does that effect the process? thanks a lot

UPDATE: i managed to get a stock twrp backup and get to work the DM on with the dialer. Now i am stuck at step 6. the DFS is not showing htc diagnostic port. also my phone is connected via the usb to my laptop, but on the phone it only shows charging, no storage sharing/mtp options, its just charging. though with the same usb cable and usb port my phone is recognized in fastboot mode, but not when it is turned on, i have installed htc sync manager but nothing works. any help? thanks

Bro botloader should be relock or locked when flash RRU

i suggest please read the whole thread carefully you will get full information .

Yea i came to know that later Gdeepp, but i am already passed that, i have a stock working rom right now.

The problem now is my phone isnt recognized by my pc or my laptop (win xp and win 10). It just shows charging, i have all the necessary drivers, htc sync manager installed. Still it doesnt help, i changed usb ports as well as usb cables, nothing happens.

9 hours ago, Gdeepp Sran said:

Bro botloader should be relock or locked when flash RRU

Yea i came to know that later Gdeepp, but i am already passed that, i have a stock working rom right now.

9 hours ago, cooladitya007 said:

i suggest please read the whole thread carefully you will get full information .

The problem now is my phone isnt recognized by my pc or my laptop (win xp and win 10). It just shows charging, i have all the necessary drivers, htc sync manager installed. Still it doesnt help, i changed usb ports as well as usb cables, nothing happens.

UPDATE: I flashed stock recovery, stock boot, and relocked bootloader, factory reset from the bootloader, and the problem got fixed. phone was being recognized by my laptop. so i started with the procedure again step by step, but after rooting, i.e flashing the supersu zip through recovery, the phone boots up with the same problem, not being able to be recognized by my laptop.

UPDATE 2: The problem was of the custom boot.img I flashed another boot.img and the phone was being recognized by my laptop. Thanks for your help. I successfully completed the procedure but the warning of insert a new Sprint SIM shows when the device boots up. Is that normal? I don't have a cdma SIM with me rn. I live in India and I have Vodafone and airtel. Is reliance and Tata DoCoMo the only cdma providers in India? Thanks again.

Edited by azsrockz
update

4 hours ago, azsrockz said:

UPDATE: I flashed stock recovery, stock boot, and relocked bootloader, factory reset from the bootloader, and the problem got fixed. phone was being recognized by my laptop. so i started with the procedure again step by step, but after rooting, i.e flashing the supersu zip through recovery, the phone boots up with the same problem, not being able to be recognized by my laptop.

UPDATE 2: The problem was of the custom boot.img I flashed another boot.img and the phone was being recognized by my laptop. Thanks for your help. I successfully completed the procedure but the warning of insert a new Sprint SIM shows when the device boots up. Is that normal? I don't have a cdma SIM with me rn. I live in India and I have Vodafone and airtel. Is reliance and Tata DoCoMo the only cdma providers in India? Thanks again.

where from u dear which state dear   RIM is close now  ONLY MTS  TATA  AND BSNL IS Avail so see locally which one is available

2 hours ago, Gdeepp Sran said:

where from u dear which state dear   RIM is close now  ONLY MTS  TATA  AND BSNL IS Avail so see locally which one is available

I am from Mumbai. Yes I will look into it. Thanks a lot

I am from Mumbai. Yes I will look into it. Thanks a lot

The CDMA service providers in India are Bsnl, Tata, Mtnl, MTS, Videocon and Rcom.

Out of them Bsnl, MTS and Videocon doesn't serve in Mumbai circle. So you are then left only with Tata, Mtnl and Rcom.

Mtnl gave back their spectrum to govt. So you are then left with Tata, and Rcom.

Rcom liberated Mumbai CDMA spectrum to start 4G services. So the only option left is Tata.

Tata also asked for liberalisation of CDMA spectrum in Mumbai circle. So it's about to close CDMA service in Mumbai within this year.

So for Mumbai circle, it's not advisable to invest in CDMA devices and not worth the risk of trying CDMA hacks, IMHO.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

• Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
  • STEP 5: SIM Unlock

• Install Root Explorer from Play Store and SIM Unlock Helper apk from the attachment
  •  
  • After Flash , How to Install Root Explorer from Play Store and SIM Unlock Helper apk from the attachment ? 

hi i have completed step 1 2 but am stuck on step 3 i am not able to get the image any easy link to download it

Edited by vimal1003

On 3/16/2015 at 2:54 AM, iamrafic said:

Hi All,

I have compiled all the necessary steps from various internet forums to help our forum members . All credit goes to XDA forum members dip_spit, wolfaas12345, pattyboi:), nikme,Elithefly and our forum members.

Originally Posted by Rusty! 

>#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed.
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/ 

>>> Unlocking Bootloader will overwrite any data stored on your device, backup your files before proceeding <<<

Prerequisites:

STEP 1: Get SPC/MSL code

• · Copy the downloaded SPC Utility to your mobile phone

· Use file manager and open the SPC utility apk – read SPC

· Make a note of it or Remember J

· Now type ##3424#

· Select 1. DM On

· Enter the SPC Code –OK – Your Mobile is now moved into Diagnostics mode

Step 2: Unlocking the Bootloader

• Power down the device
  • Remove the battery for few seconds and then re-insert the battery
  • press Volume Down and while pressing Volume Down, press Power holding both buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. This will boot you into hboot
  • Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
  • Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable
  • Wait for the drivers to get installed
  • Then navigate to C:\adb
  • In adb folder while holding shift right click on empty space and select open command window here
  • Open cmd and ensure that your device is recognized by typing: fastboot devices
  • You should get something similar to the following: FA4AJxxxxxxx fastboot
  • Now type, fastboot oem get_identifier_token , this is your token you'll need for HTCdev – Copy the token starting at the top <<<< and ending at the bottom >>>>> (refer image)
  • 2wp2mpx.jpg
  • Go to URL - http://www.htcdev.com/ and select unlock bootloader à Get Started
  • In supported devices drop down select HTC Desire * à Begin Unlock Bootloader à Yes to continue
  • Scroll Down to the bottom of the page and select Proceed to Step 5
  • Paste the copied token in the “My Device Identifier Token” box in the bottom of the screen and click submit
  • Go to the email address you used to register with HTCdev and there will be an email with an attachment named Unlock_code.bin, download the attachment
  • In cmd, cd to the folder you've downloaded Unlock_code.bin to
  • Now type, fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin
  • As I said above, this will erase everything on your phone (pictures, sms, videos, apps, etc) and restore it to stock, so I hope you made backups
  • Your device will now have a screen that asks if you want to unlock the bootloader, use the volume rocker to select and the power button to enter
  • Once it's done your phone will reboot, power back down (or remove the battery and reinsert) and boot to hboot, your device should now say **** UNLOCKED **** at the top
  • Disconnect the mobile and reboot

STEP 3: Flash write protection removed kernel

• Download the latest kernel image from the link http://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/development/kernel-rhinstone-a11-t3013989 and paste in in your adb folder and rename the image file to simple name like b.img
  • Power down the device
  • Remove the battery for few seconds and then re-insert the battery
  • press Volume Down and while pressing Volume Down, press Power holding both buttons to start the device into Bootloader mode. This will boot you into hboot
  • Use the Volume buttons to select up or down. Highlight Fastboot and press the Power button.
  • Connect the device to your computer using the USB cable
  • Then navigate to C:\adb
  • In adb folder while holding shift right click on empty space and select open command window here
  • Flash the kernel with fastboot flash boot b.img
  • Press enter and then reboot

STEP 4: Installing TWRP

• If your device is connected, disconnect it
  • Power down the device (if you're still in TWRP from making a backup, back out to the main menu and tap Reboot, then tap Power Off)
  • Hold the down volume and power buttons at the same time to boot into hboot
  • Using the volume rocker select FASTBOOT and press the power button
  • Connect the device to your computer
  • If you closed cmd, reopen it and cd to the folder that you downloaded openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-a11.img
  • Now type: fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-2.8.5.0-a11.img
  • Let it do it's thing and now you have TWRP installed on your device

STEP 5: Rooting

•  
  • Power down your device if it is booted (or by taking the battery out and reinserting it)
  • Hold the down volume and power buttons at the same time to boot into hboot
  • Using the volume rocker select RECOVERY and press the power button
  • This will boot you into TWRP
  • Open cmd and cd to the folder that you downloaded UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
  • Now type: adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip /sdcard/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
  • In TWRP tap install and in the file browser tap sdcard and then tap UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip
  • Flash UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.40.zip

STEP 5: SIM Unlock

• Install Root Explorer from Play Store and SIM Unlock Helper apk from the attachment
  • Use root explorer and rename HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to something else (like HTCOMADM_SPCS2.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.2odex) from /system/app Directory now copy the HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk attached in this post make sure you have set the permission rw-r-r and reboot.
  • Open htc on sim unlock helper on your phone it will say htc one device check fail now click the 3 menu dot and click on display sim unlock log then hit the back button it should say Device Verified, now hit start and scroll down to simlock it will freeze for few seconds and then press back button it should be successful reboot
  • Delete the modified HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and rename the original HTCOMADM_SPCS.apk and HTCOMADM_SPCS.odex to original state which we renamed in previous steps to avoid vdm client stopped error.

STEP 6: Make it RUIM Only

· Connect your phone

· Open DFS software on your computer

· Click on Ports – Select your HTC diagnostics port

· Enter the SPC you obtained using SPC utility and then click the blue icon, now the log will show DEVICE UNLOCKED

· Click on Programming tab and in the CONFIG Section à RUIM Config à Select RUIM_ONLY and click Write

· Then click Reset on the top right hand corner to reboot your mobile

· Now you can pop in your CDMA SIM J

STEP 7 : Enable WIFI HOTSOPOT and Bluetooth Tethering

You have to edit /system/build.prop to change these lines: (if you can edit with an editor that shows line #'s they're lines 26,27,28)

ro.wifi.hotspotUI=0
ro.bt.tetheringUI=0
ro.usb.tetheringUI=0

To:

ro.wifi.hotspotUI=1
ro.bt.tetheringUI=1
ro.usb.tetheringUI=1

SAVE.

Then edit /system/customize/ACC/default.xml
change these lines: (if you can edit with an editor that shows line #'s they're lines 191,194,867)

<item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">true</item>
<item type="integer" name="tethering_support_ipv6">0</item>
<item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">3</item>

to:

<item type="boolean" name="tethering_guard_support">false</item>
<item type="integer" name="tethering_support_ipv6">1</item>
<item type="integer" name="TetheringGuard_Rule">0</item>

STEP 8 : Disable Hands Free Activation

Try renaming HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk Which is located at /system/app/ to HtcOMADM_SPCSOLD.apk. But doing this you may get vdm client stopped error.

:clap:Congrats, we're done! :clap1:

com.viper.simunlockhelperfree.apk

HtcOMADM_SPCS.apk

SPCUtility.apk

Step 6: DM Serial Mode Change < > DM Bad Command 

Task Faulted 'NV Write'

Task 'NV Write' Error: Switch to Offline-D Failed

I just wanted to reiterate the warning at the top of the original topic. I'll preface this with I know it's my fault, and I in no way blame anybody but myself.

Spent about 4 hours working on this phone yesterday with this tutorial. Everything went okay until it came to using DFS to make it RUIM only. Now, the phone doesn't pick up any sim, or any network. I should have known better once I saw how much DFS was charging for bits of their software. But it let me read from the phone, put in the SPL code, and write the one change. But ever since it picks up nothing. And now, DFS doesn't read the phone and keeps saying I have no license.

The phone was found in the trash anyways, but I suppose it could have been sold for a couple bucks. Now it's just a playtoy. I have reverted back to stock with RUU, unlocked the bootloader and rooted again. Played around with the idea of installing Dragon rom, but that's as far as I'll go. Wanted to thank OP for the tutorial, just unfortunate things didn't go smoothly for me. Good luck to everyone else.

[Edit]

After putting the phone into diagnostics again, I managed to get DFS to se it again. Changed RUID only back to NV only, and now it sees signal. So all is not lost.

Edited by Sukuoru
Updated info

Hello, is this thread still alive? I need some help to unlock Desire 510 sprint.

It's hboot is 3.19, and radio 1.47.40.0224

Followed all your tutorials but while at Step 5, I do not get any Device verified message. I have written this flash protection removed kernel

https://forum.xda-developers.com/desire-510/development/sprint-virgin-mobile-stock-desire-510-t2958969 and now my device has Kernel Version 3.4.0 rbheromax@ubuntu #7 SMP PREEMPT but still I do not get Device verified message. So, I decided to click on start button and sim lock. So after I clicked on sim lock, it freezed for a few secs and I restarted the set then deleted modified HTCOMADM SPCS.apk and renamed the original ones. In DFS, putting SPC code and hitting blue button says DEVICE UNLOCKED and went to programming tab and selected Ruim Only, and clicked on reset. But the device didn't gave any tower and shows no service.

So I thought I have higher Radio so I downgraded to Baseband version 1.46.40.0721 and buidld number to 1.42.652.1 and repeated the same process. But still no luck on tower as I mentioned I don't get any "Device Verified message" on the device. Rbheromax's kernel is already written in phone but still I don't get any "Device Verified" message not I get any signals. So I tried to change Ruim mode in DFS software and tried RUIMonly/NV_only/Ruim Pref also  but no luck. Can anyone help me on what I have messed up with? I can't unlock the device. Help me as soon as possible please. :)