Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sunny1

LG Optimus F5 AS870

Hi Guys ,

I am hell bent on making this cdma device work on reliance cdma sim. This is also same device called lucid 2 (vs870) but without crappy verizon firmware and its 4g lte divce on 700 mhz band.

When cdma sim is inserted it detects the sim but does not connect to the network. When put in nv mode and prl enable with reliance prl uploaded to the device it will connect to 1x and evdo rev.A. This is not meid registered device so cannot activate directly on reliance therefore my only option is omh sim.

So far have tried 3 sim

old esn based sim, in this iccid was correctly showing but shows unknown in other sim.

the recruc 06 cut to micro and

recruc 05 micro sim.

all relaince sim . have not tried any other carrier sim card as I dont have access to it.

Note: In telephony manager viewer it shows sim operater as 311440 (its bluegrass cellular device) always but in old esn based sim it shows as 40510 (reliance Karnataka)

I think that device does not read prl from ruim or cannot read neither does it read prl from nv when it is in RUIM mode. In RUIM mode prl version is shown 40000 or unknown.

I did not find anything in qxdm which indicate where to read prl from ruim or nv. In qxdm log view it get disconnects from network as "not preferred exit" so again it points to prl and also to the question if it does not read prl from nv or ruim then what prl it is using ?

Since this 4g phone I wonder does it require 4g sim or Usim initially. Those airtel guys were to not ready give 4g demo sim to test. otherwise I could have test how usim is read from phone whether anything works or not.

Things I have tried.

1. Making it nv mode and installing reliance prl. yes does connect to reliance network

2. patch to enable gsm from XDA

3. Enable gsm and lte bands with qxdm and qpst again from XDA

4.Vs870 firmware in place of original as870 firmware same thing it cannot connect to network in ruim.

5. tried gsm sim after enabing bands and also applying patch. nothing work on this too.

6. Tried editing build.prop hundreds of times for various reasons. changing operators name in build allows to dial *228 in nv mode otherwise it will give msg that sim card has config our service blah blah.

Things yet to try

1. USIM or 4g sim

2. tata or mts cdma sim

3. other series of reliance sim.

Accidentally and Surprisingly got idea to dial 911 in ruim mode. it does connects to reliance network and says check the number you have dialed . It remains emergency mode for 5 mins and I can receive calls. Cant dial anything because it will come out of emergency mode and will not connect to network in normal mode. This too points out that some other prl is being used.

I request any expert in this field to help me crack this who knows we might end up cracking many devices once you find out what stopping it from reading ruim prl or nv prl.

In the end I got collection of all cdma sofwares

I will keep adding points as I research and experiment more and more. If got it worked I will put up solution so that everyone can use cheap 2600 rupees cdma phone which has got all the features.

Heartily Thanks for this wonderful forum and experts who give time to us to solve our problems.

Sunny

• Like 2

Mr sunny 1 I hope you check my message which i sent to you

In nv mode you can write prl via dfs

And order mdn by calling *22800 ota

Or order mdn from you operter

But in ruim mode the phone can't recognize ruim but only in sos mode emergency mode so you need reverse engineering to modify phon.apk telephony provider to

1-make ever number we call emergency number

Disable emergency callback mode so you can goback freely after making call

Orrrrrrrr the question is what does the sos emergency mode make to the phone to make the phone able to accept ruim

How can we make the phone in sos mode for ever with out any trouble

I hope we can find something.

Thanx.

• Like 1

Well Some How I have managed to have brick worth Rs.2600 :bash: well its not completely brick as it turns on and do all the stuff execpt phone.

I did some changes in dfs nam setting something like nam 0 to 1 thats it restarted and problem started. dont know whether nv files are corrupt.
Problem is phone does not connect to pc ( connect/disconnects continuously) so cannot restore .qcn files which I took as backup with qpst.
basedband/imei/esn/prl/ect etc all shows unknown.
tried reinstalling firmware with kdz. both firmware i have tried vs870 and as870. installation do not get complete. thought it complete with vs870 firmware but problem persist.
cwm recovery tried restore and same problems persists baseband/all unknown.

Need Help urgently. Cannot find way to restore qcn in download mode. or baseband.

Well what sos is does is do away with the prl and catch whatever network is available because its emergency.
Ruim mode I have observed in qxdm log that it tried to connect to network and then exit as "not preferred exit" again related to prl. what we have to do is tell phone to read prl from nv memory. this option was there in earlier hardware I think with nv item number as 885. Dont know if it is there now or coded into rom/software itself

Update: Unbricked working like previously .

ibnbazooka

Tried changing to system A only but no effect . any other trick in sleeves?

Edited by Sunny1
  • Like 1

Nv 855 is the one that responsible for change nv mode or ruim mod

00 mean ruim

01 mean nv only

02. Mean nv & ruim perv if available

The secret in the modem because the phone

Only need 4G Sim don't buther your self with trying

Try if it's working on gsm

got rgeruc series blank sim for my network. iccid and everything gets detected.

But its shows PRL version 0 while earlier sim was showing unknown prl or prl 40000.

is it due to blank sim / shud I get it activated ?

guys help me will prl get update if activate this sim with other mobile? will it detect prl and connect network ?

reliance store dont original micro sim for recruc06 series or any other series.

I do not have access to others sims currently. so cant test.

MTS micro ohm and Nano sim also not working.