Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
eldhopeter

Difference between Mobile internet and Reliance Netconnect+

hi all,

just want to know what is the speed difference between mobile internet and reliance net connect +?

In mobile internet will I get 3.1 mbps speed or is it just 1x?

and can we use normal cdma sim in datacard?

Mobile internet is a vague term as it is applicable to any data connection which is receivable by the cell phone. To clarify For CDMA connections there is firstly 1x which is the existing voice/sms connectivity being used for data. This speed can range from 30Kbps to around 130Kbps on good signal areas in my experience.

Exclusive data connectivity of a higher speed is through activation of EVDO which works parallel to the voice signal. EVDO coverage is independent of voice signal coverage & is mostly limited to high density areas such as towns & cities. An activated EVDO handset/SIM card in this coverage zone is likely to get average speeds of 400Kbps to 1.5Mbps in RevA and higher if RevB is available (both on tower & device).

Reliance Netconnect + is the branding for data card connections which use the same EVDO signals as above. There is fundamentally no difference in the SIM card itself used for data & phone connections. At least the newer SIMs available now.

Beyond that it depends on the device which is using the SIM such as handset or data dongle.

Please specify what your queries pertain to for further clarifications.

• Like 2

thanks for the reply,

I wanted to take a data connection and i already have a cdma sim. So which is the better option, like activating evdo in existing sim or taking a net connect +?

Because I think there is difference in the plan charges also.

No point activating on phone if keeping hotspot ON the while day for other devices.

Reliance Pro3 Wifi data cards upto 14.7 Mbps are currently the fastest, cheapest in tariff & highly recommended.

Edited by ACS
  • Like 1