Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Dhaval121

Samsung Note 4 Sprint N910P GSM/CDMA Unlocking

Hi

can any one help me in unlocking my note 4 sprint n910p which is still not registered on the sprint network. to be used on the tata cdma network in hyderabad

Hi have a note edge with rge sim, everything works except Data, please help if someone knows the solution.

can anyone share NV dump for Note Edge please. accidentally wrote nv backup from HTC Evo lte.

Please help

Has anyone used airtel 4G on the unlocked Samsung sprint note 4

If yes then please let me know the procedure

As yesterday I tried it showed me that its in international roaming

3G was working fine when I chose the option of UMTS/GSM but when I opted for automatic mode then it showed that the connection is in international raoming

thanks

Satish

Guys thinking of updating to 5.1.1. Any known issues with 5.1.1 compared to 5.0.1 w.r.t CDMA functionality?

Guys, I unlocked my Sprint Note 4 successfully on 5.0.1 (OF5) using GT 3.1.8. Later I Odin it to stock COG5 5.1.1 tar. Once I did that, my hotspot and roaming options disappeared from settings. In order to get data working on RCDMA, I had to write a dummy NV Dump and had to change few other parameters (trial n error). I finally got data working but I changed too many parameters. So I decided to ##RTN#, so that I can reset back those parameters and start fresh from begining.

Right after the reboot, it started to display "invalid card". I tried different sim but same result. I tried to Odin back to stock COG5 tar but it didnt help. Now that I'm on 5.1.1, I'm unable to use GT 3.1.8 to sim unlock again. And since I'm on COG5 firmware, cant downgrade as well.

Please help me out guys.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

RTN will obviously lock any sprint device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guys, I unlocked my Sprint Note 4 successfully on 5.0.1 (OF5) using GT 3.1.8. Later I Odin it to stock COG5 5.1.1 tar. Once I did that, my hotspot and roaming options disappeared from settings. In order to get data working on RCDMA, I had to write a dummy NV Dump and had to change few other parameters (trial n error). I finally got data working but I changed too many parameters. So I decided to ##RTN#, so that I can reset back those parameters and start fresh from begining.

Right after the reboot, it started to display "invalid card". I tried different sim but same result. I tried to Odin back to stock COG5 tar but it didnt help. Now that I'm on 5.1.1, I'm unable to use GT 3.1.8 to sim unlock again. And since I'm on COG5 firmware, cant downgrade as well.

Please help me out guys.

Root it and use galaxy tools. if you have SPC with u, change it to ruim pref. and load prl. if parameters are not there, write dump file if you want data. change indian mode and hybrid mode in ##data#. if your GSM works no problem. with Galaxy tools, If it asks unlocked code purchase it. if you require further help in rooting google or wait for my notes, I will post my notes for rooting 5.1.1. with in a day or two.

• Like 1

Please help me out guys.

Root it and use galaxy tools. if you have SPC with u, change it to ruim pref. and load prl. if parameters are not there, write dump file if you want data. change indian mode and hybrid mode in ##data#. if your GSM works no problem. with Galaxy tools, If it asks unlocked code purchase it. if you require further help in rooting google or wait for my notes, I will post my notes for rooting 5.1.1. with in a day or two.
I have SPC. But I'm not able to use Galaxy tools in 5.1.1.

RTN will obviously lock any sprint device

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Learned it the hard way.

^^^^ I am able to use galaxy tools in 5.1.1. only thing is it will not read SPC/MSL code. if we ask to unlock GSM it will ask NCK code which we have to purchase. Other functions of Galaxy tools working to me in 5.1.1

• Like 1

Ultimately we could able to know that on 5.1.1 galaxy tools works flaw less any every thing works

Sent from my SM-N915R4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks to Guru Gopalji, i was able to unlock again without having to pay. Galaxy tools worked like a charm even on 5.1.1

Another update: Voice, sms and data working on REC sim. After RTN, gsm n rge sim got locked (showing invalid sim card error). But rec sim continued to work, even with data. After unlock, everything started to work.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Thanks to Guru Gopalji, i was able to unlock again without having to pay. Galaxy tools worked like a charm even on 5.1.1

Another update: Voice, sms and data working on REC sim. After RTN, gsm n rge sim got locked (showing invalid sim card error). But rec sim continued to work, even with data. After unlock, everything started to work.

Incoming sms are works on 5.1.1 on normal REC series sim?

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Yep. Working. All this happened after dialling ##RTN#. But it will reset everything including your SIM UNLOCK. After RTN, RGE and GSM sim showed "invalid sim card" error while REc worked with data. After doing sim unlock again with GT 3.1.8, RGE and GSM sim too started working.

• Like 1

Yep. Working. All this happened after dialling ##RTN#. But it will reset everything including your SIM UNLOCK. After RTN, RGE and GSM sim showed "invalid sim card" error while REc worked with data. After doing sim unlock again with GT 3.1.8, RGE and GSM sim too started working.

I am using sprint note 3 and i have seen in some fones REC sim works while in some RGE....why is that so? especially sprint and verizon respectively? Should both be able to work in same fone?

Does All Samsung Note 4 has CDMA sim slot?

if no, then a note from US Verizon/Sprint has CDMA slot or only NV mode

what about AT&T and others?

Edited by rajanmehta
<< Topic Merged >>

all Note4, us cellular, verizon, sprint, at&t, and t-mobile has sim slot. only Sprint and US cellular sim slots works for CDMA to my knowledge. Us Cellular sim slot won't work for CDMA data.

Verizon,At&T, T-mbole only works GSM. Sprint works for both GSM/CDMA. Us Cellular only works for CDMA.

Note 4 usc, sprint, verizon all have sim slots. Gsm(at&t) will obviously have sim slot.

I want to use my unlocked sprint note 4 on kitkat for airtel lte but when I insert the airtel sim its shows its in international roaming mode and I am not able to use data but when I chose the GSM/UMTS mode then the 3G works fine and data is accessible with the airtel APN settings.

Basically I want to know whether 4G/LTE is possible on Sprint note 4 or it will be possible only when RCOM starts the LTE then the note 4 will show sprint spark LTE mode.

Only with Rcom LTE

all Note4, us cellular, verizon, sprint, at&t, and t-mobile has sim slot. only Sprint and US cellular sim slots works for CDMA to my knowledge. Us Cellular sim slot won't work for CDMA data.

Verizon,At&T, T-mbole only works GSM. Sprint works for both GSM/CDMA. Us Cellular only works for CDMA.

Thanks,

what if we use RGE sim with US Cellular?

verizon note can be used in nv mode?

also recently I received a global sim from reliance, any one has experience using the same with sprint handsets

Edited by ssr

Guys anyone got native hotspot tethering enabled using GTtools (aka idone) in Sprint Note 4? My phone was a used, bad esn one running on 5.0.1. It had hotspot option already visible in the settings but couldnt test it then. After ODINed to COG5, I lost hospot tethering options completely and with GT tools, all I could do is getting the hotspot toggle in quick settings ( no options in settings page though). With the toggle as well, hotspot can be turned on but it simply doesnt let devices to connect. And GPS of note 4 turned out to be the worst I used in a phone. So I had to part with Note 4 and now Im looking for an upgrade to Note 5. So the purpose of this post is to make sure if tethering can be enabled in Sprint Note 5 100%? Also have the GPS improved in Note 5? Will ODINing to stock tar remove already enabled hotspot settings for every devices?

Edited by ev1lb0ygen1us

Too many questions but let me try my best to answer that.

1. Hotspot was and always will be tricky thing on imported handsets as US carriers are very particular about their network might be misused. Your best shot lies with custom ROM in which mod those settings and enable the settings. So, once a new update comes over, wait for sometime to mod it and provide a custom ROM. Look out for hotspot in their changelog which will help you.

2. I myself using N4 and I didnt experienced any issues with the GPS. May be the specific handset has some hardware issue.

Hope it helps. :)

• Like 1

Install Galaxy Tools and sim unlock it.

Hi, I'm Nodial, developer partner of Idone,
GalaxyTools is our old software, please don't use it as it isn't supported anymore.
We added a lot of features in our new application and created it to be simple, with just one click you will Unlock, read MSL, de-brand, enable Wi-Fi Hotspot & USB Tethering and set Hotspot connection to the maximum supported by your device!
It works even on 5.1.1
Here is the tool, and here the instructions.
Regards,
Nodial (idoneapps).
Edited by Nodial