Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chintan231282

Data not working on Samsung S4 I-9500

Guys I have bought a new samsung S4 I-9500 global phone, my old phone was Samsung S3 SCH-R530 US cellular. The calls, messages and data are working fine in GSM mode. My Reliance REC series sim card did not work with it and showed invalid sim and as the seller told i will need RG series sim card i got it after lot of searching from one reliance mobile store as it was very difficult to find this series sim card, so the calls and messages worked fine after that but the data is not working. The data is not working in any other cdma phones as well whereas data was working on previous sim. So as i thought it would be a problem with the new sim so I changed the RG sim to another RG sim but the same problem. So can anybody help me out to solve this problem asap.

Thanks in advance

Chintan

I9500 is gsm model seems u got a refurbished Chinese s4 with s4 i9500 sticker

Check the model no in about it won't match the sticker on back

Few series of rg sim are just non data lot may be U have got the Sim from that lot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Guys I have bought a new samsung S4 I-9500 global phone, my old phone was Samsung S3 SCH-R530 US cellular. The calls, messages and data are working fine in GSM mode. My Reliance REC series sim card did not work with it and showed invalid sim and as the seller told i will need RG series sim card i got it after lot of searching from one reliance mobile store as it was very difficult to find this series sim card, so the calls and messages worked fine after that but the data is not working. The data is not working in any other cdma phones as well whereas data was working on previous sim. So as i thought it would be a problem with the new sim so I changed the RG sim to another RG sim but the same problem. So can anybody help me out to solve this problem asap.

Thanks in advance

Chintan

Can you do a small test for me.

Download this app from the playstore and check if you can see MCC and MNC information: Network Signal Info

Post back with your observations.

Few series of rg sim are just non data lot may be U have got the Sim from that lot

Thanks for the reply, I checked the phone properly the phone has the same model number as in the system and it is global phone it supports both gsm and cdma. So any solution to this data problem

Thanks in advance

Chintan

Download this app from the playstore and check if you can see MCC and MNC information: Network Signal Info

Will check and let you know the results. Thanks

The chinese refurbishers are now very smart, they modify the builld prop file so that even the about section and phone's imei (modified to 35xxx series) will match with that on back sticker. However the motherboard is still a refurbiushed or clone verizon motherboard. The only way to detect afaik is to put th ephone in download mode. In that case the top line shows the model of the board which in most cases matches with Verizon model (I545)

Thanks in advance

Chintan

Seems Newbie randomly Posted on forum & not concerned for Replies

God Bless You

@Chintan2312 You must know and understand that @parin is the final word when it comes to most of issues related with Reliance CDMA.

You must take his comments seriously. Can you at least do a Google search and provide us a link where it says that i9500 is a global version of S4 ? You are in for a surprise, believe me.

• Like 1

Thanks in advance

Chintan

Seems Newbie randomly Posted on forum & not concerned for Replies

God Bless You

@parin indeed I m newbie but I was just informing abt my phone I didn't disagree with u just shared the info I had. I m indeed thankful to all for trying to help me out.

@bigbyte I also couldn't find i9500 as global phone but my phone shows this number in the system

Thanks in advance

Chintan

Download this app from the playstore and check if you can see MCC and MNC information: Network Signal Info[/size]

@vakharia the info u wanted for MNC & MCC are as below

MNC - 00

MCC - 404

Kindly advise further what is to be done??

@bigbyte I also couldn't find i9500 as global phone but my phone shows this number in the system

That's what Parin was saying. You got a refurbished Chinese s4 and support for this will be very limited. Which City you are in? please pm.