Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
manish

Tutorials to Tweak LG RD 7130

Hi,

Why anybody in this forum not giving the details about uploading the ringtones in RD 7130?

I tried as mentioned on this thread "Tutorials to upload Ringtones to LG RD 7130" but failed no sound comes when receive an incomming call.

And why you guys not remembering about the title of this thread it is "Tutorials to upload Ringtones to LG RD 7130". So why are you posting methods about uploading wallpapers on RD 7130? Please rename this thread or move the wallpaper methods to another thread.

And why you guys not remembering about the title of this thread it is "Tutorials to upload Ringtones to LG RD 7130". So why are you posting methods about uploading wallpapers on RD 7130? Please rename this thread or move the wallpaper methods to another thread.

This will remain as a common thread for both as of now, coz all u require is to tweak ur LG7130 with Bitpim n make it work for ya!

Anyways, CACSUS has already put Ringtones on his phone. Maybe he can help u with it!

hi all techie experts here. i'm having big trouble with my lg rd 7130. what did i do with my phone has f**** my phone. i connected my phone with bitpim and read its file system and changed replace all the files in the image folder. now its not working at all it boots up shows lg logo then gives error "unexpeted......" something. i tried to connect LGKWP but its not connecting. what do i do now. someone pls help. my mistake that i did not take backup. but now when the phone is not booting up what the backup will do. bitpim is also not detecting the phone

Take it to your nearest service centre :(

They will flash your phone software..

Dont worry, Just make your mind understand that you dont know anything

and say the same if they question you..(they wont -_- )

Take it to your nearest service centre ;)

They will flash your phone software..

Dont worry, Just make your mind understand that you dont know anything

and say the same if they question you..(they wont :) )

hi thanks for reply. actually i hv already changed the ESN and min of phone the ESN ph contains now is of samsung. now i cant change the ESN back. they will definately know that this ph. has been hacked. they'll hand me over to the police if anything goes wrong. someone pls help

hi thanks for reply. actually i hv already changed the ESN and min of phone the ESN ph contains now is of samsung. now i cant change the ESN back. they will definately know that this ph. has been hacked. they'll hand me over to the police if anything goes wrong. someone pls help

It doesnt matter which phones esn it contains. Just take it to the service centre and act as dumb as u can . They wont ask u questions. Forget bout the police becos u didnt meddle ur phone.

just keep that in mind .U DIDNT MEDDLE WITH U R PHONE.

Hi all,

here's how you do it

I assume you all are familiar with bitpim and have downloaded PSMplayer

now here's what you have to do..

1) download a ringtone from rimweb.com ( there are plenty of them in rimweb for the RD2030)

2) Open the mid file in PSMPLayer and from File menu choose Create SMAF->40 chord smaf.

You will get a .mmf file

3) remove the .mmf extension and rename it to mhlsnd1 , 2 or 3. ( these names should exist in the locsound directory of your phone ie you should have already downloaded some ringtone from RWorld)

4) open the phone filesystem in BitPim ( i use .62) and in the locsound choose mhlsndx(where x is 1 2 or 3) and choose the overwrite option

5) Voila.. you have the new ringtone on your phone .. but the name of the ringtone will remain the same as original ..

1) NEVER TOUCH THE imagehx FILES!! THEY ARE FILE NAMES AND YOU SHOULD LEAVE THEM AS IT IS

Hi all

This is my first post

Is it that these files are locked by the mobile and it is unsafe to overwrite them ?

Same question for ringtone headers ?

Has some one tried modifying these names - Using a Hex Editor of course ?

Also is it that only bitmaps are supported by LG RD 7130 ??

One more thing I noticed is that if I uplaod a file grater than 2048 in size it refuses to play - while R- world downloaded files can be even 4-6 k without causing any trouble. Any one experienced this ?

Also anyone wth latest s/w upgrade able to still access the full file system of their mobile (RD 7130)

I have successfully changed the Names of the ringtones contained in the header files:

mhlsndh1

mhlsndh2

mhlsndh3

etc.

Please make sure that you use a hex Editor and replace the old contents.

It is important that the file size should remain unaltered.

I think it is possible to change the startup/Shut down animations too.

In RD 7130 already you can set the custom ringtone for startup/Shutdown.

Now the only things to be known is the

1.format of the animations.

2.Where the info about the current animtion is stored.

I am sure it must be at user level (within one of the files within the file system)

Any tech experts .. Plz

Another question - Has anyone tried adding additional ringtones (by default only 3 are allowed) and will that corrupt the file system ???

I dont think more than the default would show up in the phone :P

Hello Arun,

I download the PC sync soft for Rd 7130 from the giving link in your post & installed it on my PC. I use USB cable to access R-connect. But when I try to connect/sync the phone via usb cable it says "Unable to connect"

Guide me pls

Umesh

i was just checking the handset specifications and found that wallpaper size can be upto 45 kbytes ... but someone here has mentioned it tpo 16k or something ..... and colours too mentions in the specifications for wallpaer image is 24 bit max but someone said 256 ..... :wacko::help:

The image header file contains entry bm@8 meaning 8 bits but we dunno how to modify it to correspond to higher one if Ur info is correct. I had tried higher value but then the imge won't display at all.

Hi code , sorry for the late reply .... anyway i checked the image header file it contains 3 information ... 1) length of namedisplayed for a wallpaper (offset 16 or something ) 2) its 8 bit per pixel encoding ( try finding 8@) in the header file 3) the display name .

I have not yet tried to change the header file entry to 24 or something (don't know the precise offset to change ) incase u are able to change the header file correctly u will be able to see a 24 bit per pixel file correctly ... do reply if you are able to do that ....

I have tried 16, 24 and all (earlier) with corresponding resolution images. I couldn't get any of them to be displayed. Looks like some memory restrictions have been imposed (assuming that the datasheet mentions 24 bit correctly).

CAN ANY BODY WILL HELP ME

I am have lg7130 , The Web World provided the cable for LG 7230 and said the same will work.

but i am faceing the problem

Please help me to solve the same.

Chitral

What problem, Chitral ? Please specify the error you are facing.

Hi all,

Has anyone found a workarround to get the MEMO , TODO and shedules syncronized using LG Desktop software that comes with LG 7130 .

Sat

Hi all,

I have RD7130. I know how to send wallpaper through MMs. But if I want to upload any wallpaper using Bitpim then what is the method? And if there is no wallpaper downloaded previously using R-world then how to add new entry in /picture. My phone has these files in /picture.

/

|

|

-picture

|

-image1

|

-imgh1

|

-sort

The image1 is a picture which I downloaded using R-world. I can over write the image1 with other picture and also can see on my phone but how to add another image in the phone without over writing the old one?

Yes you can do it.. just right click the file (in bitpim) .. do as save as and save it to your hard disk..

then rename the file to image1.bmp..

you can now see the contents of the file easily..

to upload wallpapers. the the image shoud beexactly the same size as the images on the phone..

additionally the image must use 256 indexed colors..

Please see my posts in this thread to know in detail how to do it..

Can any one help for RD7130. Actually i downloaded Bitpim0.7 but i am not able to connect it through USB cable.

Can anyone help me the alternate to it.

my mail id is viraljshah@indiatimes.com

Need example files for this mobile

mhlsnd1

mhlsndh1

please post here this files.

and, if possible for image

-img1

-imgh1

Thx..

Edited by Novice