Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
inam

Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen - XT1528 - data connection problem after 5.1 upgrade

Hi,

Newly got verizon XT1528 phone. Upon receiving phone has lollipop version 5.0.2. With the reliance OMH card everything was worked without any modifications(call/sms/3Gdata). Phone prompted for OTA update & accepted it.

After OTA update to 5.1 version, phone lost data connection. Call & SMS working. Now network symbol shows with exclamation mark.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Was Hotspot working Earlier ??

Hi,

Newly got verizon XT1528 phone. Upon receiving phone has lollipop version 5.0.2. With the reliance OMH card everything was worked without any modifications(call/sms/3Gdata). Phone prompted for OTA update & accepted it.

After OTA update to 5.1 version, phone lost data connection. Call & SMS working. Now network symbol shows with exclamation mark.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Here is my suggestion.

1. Visit Reliance and get a new SIM (RECRU06 series). This would probably be the same as you already had. Damages: Rs. 50. You have to submit the old SIM and wait for activation.

2. After 4-6 hours, try to activate the SIM with *228. If it connects to the Reliance IVR and asks you to punch in the number, do so.

3. It is likely that activation will fail.

4. So lodge a complain and tell them I am unable to activate.

5. Someone will call back (maybe next day) and help you activate.

6. Data will start working automatically once phone is activated.

Edit: Noticed that you have a Verizon phone. So, you may not be able to perform step 2 without root access.

This is a long process, but if you have no better options, there is not much harm in trying.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I can gather some more data and pass on to my contact at Motorola. I had discussed the issue of data connectivity after OTA upgrades with him earlier. Now I have a case.

You can write back to me only if:

1. Your phone is officially having CDMA band support (out of the box)

2. Phone is as it comes from the store (not rooted or bootloader unlocked by you after receiving it)

Edited by vakharia

Here is my suggestion.

1. Visit Reliance and get a new SIM (RECRU06 series). This would probably be the same as you already had. Damages: Rs. 50. You have to submit the old SIM and wait for activation.

2. After 4-6 hours, try to activate the SIM with *228. If it connects to the Reliance IVR and asks you to punch in the number, do so.

3. It is likely that activation will fail.

4. So lodge a complain and tell them I am unable to activate.

5. Someone will call back (maybe next day) and help you activate.

6. Data will start working automatically once phone is activated.

Edit: Noticed that you have a Verizon phone. So, you may not be able to perform step 2 without root access.

This is a long process, but if you have no better options, there is not much harm in trying.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I can gather some more data and pass on to my contact at Motorola. I had discussed the issue of data connectivity after OTA upgrades with him earlier. Now I have a case.

You can write back to me only if:

1. Your phone is officially having CDMA band support (out of the box)

2. Phone is as it comes from the store (not rooted or bootloader unlocked by you after receiving it)

1. XT1528 - have CDMA band - on 5.0.2 everything was worked (call, SMS, 3G data). After 5.1 update only call & sms working, not data.

2. At the time of 5.1 upgrade, phone was not rooted or Bootloader unlock. Bootloader can not be unlocked for this model. After data issue, I started to look for rooting..

:previous:

Did you try the suggested steps? Has data started working on your phone? Please share info for everyone's benefit.

Data is not constant it is fluctuating moto e any solution tried every thing .

Gsm not working tried *#*#4636#*#* but gsm not working any solution

I have a question - will the OTA upgrade to 5.1 forcibly get installed on Moto E? Or it asks user to choose and select the update and accept the terms and it starts?

The problem is CDMA data and not GSM. Looking forward to get some help from any geek here.

No it can be disabled go to all apps moto OTA and get it disabled

I have a question - will the OTA upgrade to 5.1 forcibly get installed on Moto E? Or it asks user to choose and select the update and accept the terms and it starts?

I don't have a Moto E, but typically you will get prompted to install every time you reboot the phone (once the download is complete).

So, there is a chance you would accidentally hit "Install" or OK and the update will get installed.

You can freeze some apps which prevent this from happening, but for that you need root access.

No way to get DATA on 5.1 installed Moto E.

so stay away from this update.

Update: From Yesterday My data got working automatically. [anyone knws the reason or solution? i just raise the complaint before 2 days ago that data is not working]

try it

hope this will help

• Like 1

The GEB seller cancelled my order. WTF!!! Please suggest how can I order Moto E from GEB?

The GEB seller cancelled my order. WTF!!! Please suggest how can I order Moto E from GEB?

This is always expected from GEB. Most of the orders will be cancelled for different reasons. Try other package forwarders like ishopinternational, PPO , SNS or HSG.

in ishop first time users will get 500/- discount.

No way to get DATA on 5.1 installed Moto E.

so stay away from this update.

Update: From Yesterday My data got working automatically. [anyone knws the reason or solution? i just raise the complaint before 2 days ago that data is not working]

try it

hope this will help

I too raised service request through instacare app for data not working after 5.1 update. Now lets see out come of service request.

Now the question is that data is working on RUIM from which complain have been made or any another RUIM with different MDN.

sent from my motorola droid turbo

I am collecting data on this problem.

So, the upgrade does overwrite 'something' and Reliance support is able to re-provision your phone remotely. At least that is what I can learn from my personal experience and from what SmartSamrat has reported.

If there is someone who is using any other CDMA provider besides Reliance (e.g. Tata) and has faced data issues after upgrade, then please share more details here.

I want to understand if this is a Reliance specific issue or not.

Hi i am on 5.0.2

everything working calls,sms and data on my sim

but when i tried to use my friends sim, calls and texts are working but data isnt

is there anything should i do?

data cant be accessed by 2 sims on a single device at a time?

Is everything working fine on Verizon Moto e after updating it to 5.1 on GSM mode?

^^^^^

Yes if you update with GSM sim GSM call sms & data works perfectly but if you try to change sim cards it will reset back to LTE cdma only. Then no GSM will work and cdma data will also not work. Pl refer to xda thread (5.0.2+5.1) (UPDATED 6/25) How to: Use Veriz… | Moto E 2015 | XDA Forums - http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-e-2015/general/how-to-verizon-moto-e-2015-gsm-network-t3098953

• Like 2

^^That is a nice link you have shared.

I had the same problem when I wanted to switch back to GSM (after getting everything working with my Reliance CDMA). This was for the Droid Maxx, though.

I tried everything I could, but the phone simply would not work in GSM mode.

I had to do a radio flash (downgrading to 4.4 radio) on my Droid Maxx.

Had I known about the three variables, I could probably avoid the radio flash and save the Reliance OTA settings.

Data stopped working because I wiped out the modem settings.

Complaining to customer care also not able to restore data on my Verizon moto e 2nd gen on 5.1 android os. My two service request also closed by reliance without any resolution. The only change i can see is that prl version was showing unknown before complaint but after 3 days of complaint it showing prl version 5 in about phone.

I had the same problem when I wanted to switch back to GSM (after getting everything working with my Reliance CDMA). This was for the Droid Maxx, though.

Had I known about the three variables, I could probably avoid the radio flash and save the Reliance OTA settings.

I haven't had any issues with droid maxx stock rom latest updated with either OMh or gsm till date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't had any issues with droid maxx stock rom latest updated with either OMh or gsm till date.

Babaji lolipop update for droid maxx has been came ?or still not arrived

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Babaji lolipop update for droid maxx has been came ?or still not arrived

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

No brother not yet, the official status is very dicy. It has been ready from Motorola end for a while but Verizon is taking time. Though that didn't stop Verizon to list both maxx and turbo specs with lollipop.

It's still awaited ....