Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
inam

Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen - XT1528 - data connection problem after 5.1 upgrade

Hi,

With the RGEREC series omh sim, moto E shows network as "Reliance" instead of "unknown". Now I could able to add APN. But Still no data. Changes made in the DFS reverts back ( Like PPP username & password, etc). Could some one throw some light to get data with 5.1? Thanks

My Verizon XT1528 stopped working totally after upgrade to Android 5.1. Can any one guide me how to make it working again.

Hello

I update my boost moto e xt1526 to 5.1 after update cdma work well with data but no GSM and hotspot also stop to work.

Sent from my Moto e xt1526

Hello

I update my boost moto e xt1526 to 5.1 after update cdma work well with data but no GSM and hotspot also stop to work.

Sent from my Moto e xt1526

Are you getting data on reliance after 5.1?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes

Yes

Kindly can you please upload screenshot.

post-84538-143998441697_thumb.pngpost-84538-143998445525_thumb.png

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

Pls seepost-84538-143998540501_thumb.pngpost-84538-143998544542_thumb.png

I too can get data after 5.1 update to 5.1 on Boost Handset . Hotspot stopped, but Verizon stops working totally after 5.1 update.

How did you make it working?

Evdo also works fine?pic shows 1x only

Rcdma data not working on RECRUC06 series ruims offered in UP (east) circle on boost moto e. Any tweaks to get data working.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 using Tapatalk

Evdo also works fine. Actually I selected only CDMA via networkapp so that's why it show 1x.

Any solution for Verizon Moto E on 5.1?

Can any thing work on it?

CDMA witout data

or Cdma with 1X or EVDO

or GSM without DATA

or GSM with GPRS/Edge or 3G.

Please guide.

Thanks

Any solution for Verizon Moto E on 5.1?

Can any thing work on it?

CDMA witout data

or Cdma with 1X or EVDO

or GSM without DATA

or GSM with GPRS/Edge or 3G.

Please guide.

Thanks

1. CDMA without data works. No 1X or evdo

2. GSM works with Edge. No 3G

Please use RGE series sim.

Any way to disable update on Moto E for Boost/Verizon ?

Hi,

Newly got verizon XT1528 phone. Upon receiving phone has lollipop version 5.0.2. With the reliance OMH card everything was worked without any modifications(call/sms/3Gdata). Phone prompted for OTA update & accepted it.

After OTA update to 5.1 version, phone lost data connection. Call & SMS working. Now network symbol shows with exclamation mark.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

My friend is getting this Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen XT1528 phone for me. He has blocked the update. So hopefully it will remain on 5.0.2. I want to use this phone for Reliance CDMA (or even BSNL) network. Will it work on Reliance CDMA network out of the box? Does data work both on EVDO and 3G1x? Or just 3G1x? The phone supports both EVDO and CDMA data. Hoping that Voice + SMS + EVDO/3G1x data work on Reliance.

Has anyone tried this handset on BSNL Mobile CDMA network in Gujarat? Does this device get EVDO data on BSNL?

Will really appreciate all the feedback on this.

Thank you.

forget bsnl cdma on imported handsets..

though you can try contacting technical officer in bsnl for registering the MEID of imported device in their systems and try..

flex..

Every Time when you restart mobile Goto Appmanager from setting then go to "ALL" then disable MOTOOTA app in case of boost, dont known about verizon,

if you are routed than that app can also uninstall

• Like 1

A few comments on Moto E 2nd Gen initial setup and removing of all the VzW bloatware. I did remove the VzW SIM card before turning on the Phone.
1) You need WiFi connectivity to sign into a Google account.
2) As soon as the initial setup was done (3 to 4 steps), system updater was ready to download / install the update to 5.1
3) I disconnected the WiFi and didn't click on the notification to update the Android.
4) Turned ON the Developer mode and enabled USB debugging.
5) Installed Moto Device Manager. This installed the USB drivers for Moto E device.
6) Installed the Debloater PC client.
7) Connected Moto E to the computer via micro-USB cable. The computer and the Debloater app detected the device.
8) Disabled (Hide) all the Bloatware from VzW as well as Moto Care packs and Moto OTA update (software download + notification).
And that was it. So far so good. The only notification I have seen is No Sim no service from time to time when the WiFi is disabled. Hopefully, the OS won't get accidentally updated to 5.1 which blocks CDMA/EVDO data overseas.
Go to post #179 in this thread
Download debloater client. More info
This way you can remove all the vzw bloatware as well as block the update to 5.1
  • Like 2

Every Time when you restart mobile Goto Appmanager from setting then go to "ALL" then disable MOTOOTA app in case of boost, dont known about verizon,

I think unlocking bootloader/root is not available as of now so asked the same. Otherwise I can play with phone very well if it's rooted.

A few comments on Moto E 2nd Gen initial setup and removing of all the VzW bloatware. I did remove the VzW SIM card before turning on the Phone.
2) As soon as the initial setup was done (3 to 4 steps), system updater was ready to download / install the update to 5.1
3) I disconnected the WiFi and didn't click on the notification to update the Android.
5) Installed Moto Device Manager. This installed the USB drivers for Moto E device.
7) Connected Moto E to the computer via micro-USB cable. The computer and the Debloater app detected the device.
8) Disabled (Hide) all the Bloatware from VzW as well as Moto Care packs and Moto OTA update (software download + notification).
And that was it. So far so good. The only notification I have seen is No Sim no service from time to time when the WiFi is disabled. Hopefully, the OS won't get accidentally updated to 5.1 which blocks CDMA/EVDO data overseas.
This way you can remove all the vzw bloatware as well as block the update to 5.1

Thanks for this

Boost moto e not working in Roaming.when i was at home location its work well but after roaming its searching for signal.

Network mode set to Home only and its disable to edit.

Any solution for it.?

Disable option for Motorola OTA is not available in my moto e boost what to do now??

does it work for boost also or only vzw??

Have anyone tried Sprint Moto E ?

Disable option for Motorola OTA is not available in my moto e boost what to do now??

I will receive Boost Moto E very soon. Will update if I find anything.