Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
inam

Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen - XT1528 - data connection problem after 5.1 upgrade

In order to attempt to get Verizon/Motorola to push out a new update with a fix for the removal of the option to switch to GSM, please sign this petition on Change.org and share it to anyone who you know will sign it!

https://www.change.org/p/verizon-daniel-s-mead-stop-carrier-locking-motorola-moto-e-lte-xt1528

Any way to disable update on Moto E for Boost/Verizon ?

A few comments on Moto E 2nd Gen initial setup and removing of all the VzW bloatware. I did remove the VzW SIM card before turning on the Phone.
1) You need WiFi connectivity to sign into a Google account.
2) As soon as the initial setup was done (3 to 4 steps), system updater was ready to download / install the update to 5.1
3) I disconnected the WiFi and didn't click on the notification to update the Android.
4) Turned ON the Developer mode and enabled USB debugging.
5) Installed Moto Device Manager. This installed the USB drivers for Moto E device.
6) Installed the Debloater PC client.
7) Connected Moto E to the computer via micro-USB cable. The computer and the Debloater app detected the device.
8) Disabled (Hide) all the Bloatware from VzW as well as Moto Care packs and Moto OTA update (software download + notification).
And that was it. So far so good. The only notification I have seen is No Sim no service from time to time when the WiFi is disabled. Hopefully, the OS won't get accidentally updated to 5.1 which blocks CDMA/EVDO data overseas.
Go to post #179 in this thread
Download debloater client. More info
This way you can remove all the vzw bloatware as well as block the update to 5.1

does it work for boost also or only vzw??

I know it works for VzW...i don't know about boost. If you can't block OTA service, then just ignore the update notification....just don't update...this assumes that you are the end user of the phone and know what not to do....blocking OTA update was a good option if the intended user was not well versed with all these limitations that are being discussed here.

i am ignoring the update but now its pop up many times a day which is very annoying so want to block OTA service.

I received Boost Moto E XT1526. Disabled OTA app with De-bloater tool. Phone is not asking for upgrade. Only issue is when I activate Hotspot, Signal bar gets "!" icon and data stops working. Any suggestion ?

I received Boost Moto E XT1526. Disabled OTA app with De-bloater tool. Phone is not asking for upgrade. Only issue is when I activate Hotspot, Signal bar gets "!" icon and data stops working. Any suggestion ?

Issue resolved for Hotspot.. On Phone data stops working once Hotspot activated but with WiFi on other devices internet connectivity stays superb

Don't import Verizon Moto E 2nd Gen as now it comes with LP 5.1 pre-updated...

• Like 1

Issue resolved for Hotspot.. On Phone data stops working once Hotspot activated but with WiFi on other devices internet connectivity stays superb

I have a new update that if Rge sim activated on foreign handset like sprint lg tribute or sprint htc desire 510 then it works with data on Verizon moto E2 on android lollipop 5.1, can anybody check and confirm.

Sent from my Motorola Moto E 2015 using Tapatalk

I have a new update that if Rge sim activated on foreign handset like sprint lg tribute or sprint htc desire 510 then it works with data on Verizon moto E2 on android lollipop 5.1, can anybody check and confirm.

For LG Tribute RGE sim card is not required. It works on REC06 series.

Hello Please read carefully he only asked to activate RGE sim on Tribute not to use.

I will check by tomorrow or day after tomorrow.

Does Sprint Moto E also comes with pre-loaded 5.1? Any body using Sprint Moto E ?

Hello Please read carefully he only asked to activate RGE sim on Tribute not to use.

Sprint Tribute will not accept RGE series sim. "Invalid sim card" error will come. Dont know about htc 510.

I have an USC S3 -R530, will activating in this mobile work in moto e xt1528?

^^^^

Ok then try to activate on boost moto e 2015 or sprint htc desire 510. I am not sure about us cellular phones. But the man who gave me information said that any us phone with *228 feature working on it. It is advised that android os should be KitKat or lollipop.

Edited by sandeep07

Any way to Work Hotspot and GSM on moto e boost updated on 5.1

No way

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

I did activated RGE on LG RD series phone, but didn't worked. When I tried to activate RGE on Desire 510 there was a pop up like "NAM parameters downloaded successfully" but it was not successful as activation was failed actually. When I tried to use that RGE on unlocked CDMA dongle it didn't worked for internet. So finally I transferred my number to another SIM and it started working. So it seems like to activate RGE on HTC 510 is not worth.

One person advised me that he will do the programming and RGE will work. But charges are too high. 1000 Rs for 1 mobile. I am thinking to hand over phone to him.

Edited by vipsy6

Any way to Work Hotspot and GSM on moto e boost updated on 5.1

For GSM try below suggested by Dr. Faramroz it worked for me on VZW 5.1

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62726949&postcount=545

Before you apply this do the process as per the OP and than follow Dr,'s post anytime you change the SIM.

Hi,

Newly got verizon XT1528 phone. Upon receiving phone has lollipop version 5.0.2. With the reliance OMH card everything was worked without any modifications(call/sms/3Gdata). Phone prompted for OTA update & accepted it.

After OTA update to 5.1 version, phone lost data connection. Call & SMS working. Now network symbol shows with exclamation mark.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Here is my suggestion.

1. Visit Reliance and get a new SIM (RECRU06 series). This would probably be the same as you already had. Damages: Rs. 50. You have to submit the old SIM and wait for activation.

2. After 4-6 hours, try to activate the SIM with *228. If it connects to the Reliance IVR and asks you to punch in the number, do so.

3. It is likely that activation will fail.

4. So lodge a complain and tell them I am unable to activate.

5. Someone will call back (maybe next day) and help you activate.

6. Data will start working automatically once phone is activated.

Edit: Noticed that you have a Verizon phone. So, you may not be able to perform step 2 without root access.

This is a long process, but if you have no better options, there is not much harm in trying.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I can gather some more data and pass on to my contact at Motorola. I had discussed the issue of data connectivity after OTA upgrades with him earlier. Now I have a case.

You can write back to me only if:

1. Your phone is officially having CDMA band support (out of the box)

2. Phone is as it comes from the store (not rooted or bootloader unlocked by you after receiving it)

Hello Mr Vakharia,

I have Verizon Moto E in factory condition. Untouched. On LP 5.1. Any news for it ?

Moto E 2nd Generation Boost/Sprint (XT1526) Updated to Lollipop 5.1 and Data/Hotspot both working Smoothly........

Problem is only in Verizon...

Does Sprint Moto E also comes with pre-loaded 5.1? Any body using Sprint Moto E ?

Sprint Moto E comes with 5.0

I did activated RGE on LG RD series phone, but didn't worked. When I tried to activate RGE on Desire 510 there was a pop up like "NAM parameters downloaded successfully" but it was not successful as activation was failed actually. When I tried to use that RGE on unlocked CDMA dongle it didn't worked for internet. So finally I transferred my number to another SIM and it started working. So it seems like to activate RGE on HTC 510 is not worth.

One person advised me that he will do the programming and RGE will work. But charges are too high. 1000 Rs for 1 mobile. I am thinking to hand over phone to him.

Activated RGE series sim in S3-R530U. But still no data in xt1528. anything else to be done?

Hi,

Newly got verizon XT1528 phone. Upon receiving phone has lollipop version 5.0.2. With the reliance OMH card everything was worked without any modifications(call/sms/3Gdata). Phone prompted for OTA update & accepted it.

After OTA update to 5.1 version, phone lost data connection. Call & SMS working. Now network symbol shows with exclamation mark.

Any suggestion ?

Thanks

Here is my suggestion.

1. Visit Reliance and get a new SIM (RECRU06 series). This would probably be the same as you already had. Damages: Rs. 50. You have to submit the old SIM and wait for activation.

2. After 4-6 hours, try to activate the SIM with *228. If it connects to the Reliance IVR and asks you to punch in the number, do so.

3. It is likely that activation will fail.

4. So lodge a complain and tell them I am unable to activate.

5. Someone will call back (maybe next day) and help you activate.

6. Data will start working automatically once phone is activated.

Edit: Noticed that you have a Verizon phone. So, you may not be able to perform step 2 without root access.

This is a long process, but if you have no better options, there is not much harm in trying.

Edit: On second thoughts, I think I can gather some more data and pass on to my contact at Motorola. I had discussed the issue of data connectivity after OTA upgrades with him earlier. Now I have a case.

You can write back to me only if:

1. Your phone is officially having CDMA band support (out of the box)

2. Phone is as it comes from the store (not rooted or bootloader unlocked by you after receiving it)

Hello Mr Vakharia,

I have Verizon Moto E in factory condition. Untouched. On LP 5.1. Any news for it ?

Not tracking Moto E at all.

Sorry.

Moto E 2nd Generation Boost/Sprint (XT1526) Updated to Lollipop 5.1 and Data/Hotspot both working Smoothly........

Problem is only in Verizon...

how to get hotspot working?? i am not able to use hotspot on xt1526 android 5.0.2

Activate your Device on 5.0.2 on Sprint or Boost Network ( whatever is Yours carrier , just activate , no need to do payment) and then update to 5.1 . Data and Hotspot both will work.

Activate your Device on 5.0.2 on Sprint or Boost Network ( whatever is Yours carrier , just activate , no need to do payment) and then update to 5.1 . Data and Hotspot both will work.

thanks for the info, can you please give me some links how to activate on boost without payment??

any link for verizon activation?

Just went through the long thread and posts. I have ordered Sprint Moto E from US. Wanted to check if there is anything specific i would need to do in it to get it working with my Tata indicom sim. From whatever i have read i just put the sim and it should just work right out of the box. Also as per last post from Djrocks, he has mentioned that i can activate the device on 5.02 and then upgrade to 5.1 . The seller who i have bought from has mentioned that he did activate the phone to test the same out.So is there anything else i would need to do from my end to get it to working for voice and data. Or everything should just work out of the box now.