Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
sandeep07

Is Android OS going Windows OS way for CDMA services?

I m raising this issue because new android updates are blocking cdma data in imported handset. I updated my Verizon moto e to android lollipop 5.1 and not able to get data work and i m forced to use data over wifi. In lollipop updates diagnostic port is also blocked so no hope to configure data using DFS or any roll back option to previous os. We are left same as windows imported phones in which we are not able to get data due to security features. In india if cdma is still alive because of good voice clarity, better coverage and cheap data and foreign imported handsets at cheap rates. But latest android security features are killing hopes of getting data and indian cdma service providers are also not interested in reviving cdma services. Now only 4g is only hope for getting fast and cheap data using GSM handsets. Rcom is also planning to launch 4g services over 800 mhz band with collabration with MTS. Pl comment and give your views about the same.

sent from my motorola droid turbo

now official smartphones are also coming for Indian CDMA. The mobile revolution in India really started in 2002 Dec with Mukesh Ambani launching RIM CDMA, before that incoming calls used to cost Rs.8 a minute and outgoing calls used to cost Rs.12 a minute. May be his 4G initiative, with VoLTE, may again change the way we think of mobile.

I m raising this issue because new android updates are blocking cdma data in imported handset. I updated my Verizon moto e to android lollipop 5.1 and not able to get data work and i m forced to use data over wifi. In lollipop updates diagnostic port is also blocked so no hope to configure data using DFS or any roll back option to previous os. We are left same as windows imported phones in which we are not able to get data due to security features. In india if cdma is still alive because of good voice clarity, better coverage and cheap data and foreign imported handsets at cheap rates. But latest android security features are killing hopes of getting data and indian cdma service providers are also not interested in reviving cdma services. Now only 4g is only hope for getting fast and cheap data using GSM handsets. Rcom is also planning to launch 4g services over 800 mhz band with collabration with MTS. Pl comment and give your views about the same.

XT1528 can be downgraded to 5.0.2. Firmwares are available online. Can be flashed by fastboot too.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Edit:- None of the partitions can be downgraded to 5.0.2. It gives a 'failed' error.

Edited by dr.faramroze
  • Like 1

XT1528 can be downgraded to 5.0.2. Firmwares are available online. Can be flashed by fastboot too.

I tried to downgrade using "VRZ_XT1528_lxi2250-28_cfc.xml.zip" file. But during fastboot command it throws error.

Do you have firmware link other than the above file?

Thanks

Any tutorial link for downgrading moto e 2nd gen xt 1528 to lollipop 5.0.2 from 5.1 OS

Verizon Moto E has an updated modem also. Xt1528 can go into diag mode via bptools. SPC is 000000. Anyone can try CDMA data programming by bptools and tell us. GSM can be selected by *#*#4636#*#* but GSM network stays on for a mere few seconds and then again no signal. This is for android version 5.1.1.

For Boost Moto E users, we can flash twrp recovery after bootloader unlock, rooting breaks both cameras as of now. Only installing twrp will stop any OTA install. OTA may download but not install. The other option for boost/Sprint version is that a custom rom like cm12 or pacman 5.1.1 works superb on CDMA normal sim and any GSM. And the fear of accidental ota is never there. Unfortunately, Verizon does not allow bootloader unlock.

Data also stops on US Cellular Moto X v2 xt1093 after ota to 5.1.1. Motorola allows bootloader unlock and root till 4.4.4/5.0.2 on this device.

• Like 3

The modem of these handset are design to work with particular network. CDMA is totally different from GSM so if you are thinking that if GSM can work out of the box then why can't CDMA. It is more related to carriers and handset manufacturer and nothing to do with OS. With new OS updates, there are new security settings and these are region/carrier specific. Diag mode and other settings are not used by even 90% of the users. So manufacturers/carriers are least bothered and if any problem they can visit to service center or service provider.

CDMA is dying technology in India. Tata already out and MTS joining with RCCOM. Even RCOM focus is not CDMA. They have stopped registering MEID and they might look at CDMA for data. We have many veteran members just migrated/dumped CDMA after MEID registration was stopped. We were getting excellent handsets at very economical prices compare to GSM handsets. But this move by RCOM wiped out the price benefit and rarely anybody wants to go back to old days of tweaking handsets. Further, RCOM has revised their CDMA top up vouchers prices and they have become expensive. Irrespective of clarity, we also see lot of complain of CDMA network on this forum.

Edited by csmart
  • Like 1

What about your Droid Turbo? Did you first update your Moto E only as a precautionary measure?