Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
maniac8828

MOEF Certificate for Customs Clearance - Importing Used Mobile Phone

Hello members,

I needed some help/suggestion here on a situation I am stuck with customs clearance. Here is the story:

I bought a used phone on ebay from USA and shipped it using HSG (HopShopGo) last week.
The shipment reached Bangalore and is now stuck at customs with reason saying they need a MOEF certificate.

The phone is for personal use.

HSG guys are not giving any clear information or next steps.

Can anyone here let me know if you have faced such situation or provide any guidance to get this sorted?

This is being as not due to resale or personal use.

This is due to you are importing used electronic item.

Which is called as electronic waste and hazardous material as per Indian import rules.

Read below -

Importers of Electrical & Electronic Goods seeking NOC from MOEF

Importers of Electrical and Electronic Equipments, Spare Parts, Instruments etc.has to get an NOC from Ministry of Enviornment and Forest (MOEF) for conforming their End Use and identification as E-Waste or not prior to the Custom Clearance. Chartered Engineer has to prepare a report to declare the Nature & Type of goods, Residual Life of the Equipments under Import w.r.t the guidelinses of custom’s circular on HAZARDOUS WASTE (Management, Handling and Transboundary) Rules, 2008. After the satisfactory submission of Chartered Engineer’s Report to MOEF, the imported then receives the NOC from MOEF. On the basis of this NOC, the clearance is initiated with customs authority.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

• Like 2