Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
papikondalu

Sprint Note 3 - currently on Reliance - can I use it in US on travel?

Hi,

I have a Sprint Note 3, which is currently being used on Reliance.

I might have to travel to US for 2-3 weeks. Can I use any of the prepaid CDMA sim cards in US (Sprint/Boost mobile/...) on this mobile? If yes, is there anything I should do to get this working?

I tried checking IMEI number with Straight Talk and another provider, and I am told that I have to buy a phone compatible with their network. I checked ESN/IMEI on some other website, and I am told that it is clean.

-PK

I believe sprint and other CDMA networks in US work as MEID (sim less) only. If your phone MEID is clean with Sprint, you may go for sprint. If you have domestic GSM unlock ( not sure with Note 3), you can pop in any GSM sims like At&t, tmobile etc and use.

Hi,

I have a Sprint Note 3, which is currently being used on Reliance.

I might have to travel to US for 2-3 weeks. Can I use any of the prepaid CDMA sim cards in US (Sprint/Boost mobile/...) on this mobile? If yes, is there anything I should do to get this working?

I tried checking IMEI number with Straight Talk and another provider, and I am told that I have to buy a phone compatible with their network. I checked ESN/IMEI on some other website, and I am told that it is clean.

-PK

If currently its being used here with Reliance then the sprint network settings have been wiped and Indian settings have been flashed into the phone ,

If the Meid of the phone is clean then only you can use it with SPRINT if its bad then after a hard reset you may use it with prepaid carriers there but then again the phone has to be flashed to their settings ( as far as my knowledge goes )

As it is you cant use the phone in the current state inside the US Clean or BAD esn.

best idea is to ascertain the state of meid with your seller, if its clean then once you are in the US do a hard reset by punching in ##RTN# all settings will revert to sprint and use with sprint ,

If its bad then i would suggest you to buy a prepaid phone from there as flashing to any prepaid carrier costs money !!!