Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
vkat

Please Suggest: How good ZTE Grand SII is ?

Friends I would like to know how good ZTE Grand SII is? My mail requirements are:

1) CDMA both voice/data (3G) working. Data is mainly for WhatsApp.

2) GSM will be added advantage.

3) Update (if any) without any issue

4) Memory : 16/32/64GB inbuilt or SD. All apps should install on SD as internal memory might be 4gb or 8gb

I am not very good in playing with Mobile Software so worried buying any unlocked handset.

But, if you can suggest some good handset under 10k I might go for that besides that it fulfil my basic requirements and no issues of rooting etc.

ZTE Grand SII is a single SIM phone either CDMA or GSM. Price is around 13K.

There is another phone with same specifications, low price and stunning looks, It is Infocus M810. Price is 11K @ snapdeal. I am currently using Infocus M810. Bought an auto wakeup / sleep, call attend window flip cover from Ebay (http://www.ebay.in/itm/321832363325?var=510767098236&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649). With this flip cover phone usage is an excellent experience.

Another CDMA phone with a marathon battery and dual SIM options is "Gionee Marathon M5" available @ flipkart. Free flip cover is included with the box but no auto wakeup / sleep or call attend window.

Edited by KAPILKDEV
  • Like 1

Thanks @KapilDev Snapdeal tec-spec says its not CDMA...?

33eh2iu.png

Gionee Marathon M5 is way to high to buy.

I am already stretching my pocket as I strongly feel I should not spend more than 10k (Max) on phone (CDMA). If I would have been using GSM I might not spent more than 5k. I just need to use phone as phone along Whatsapp as it's basic requirement as on date. And I am in love with CDMA, GSM does not stand anywhere near.

Thanks anyway for your clear and prompt reply.

- Regards

Infocus M810 will work with Tata, MTS and Reliance CDMA SIM. I tested and confirmed. Other members also tested and shared in our forum. Infocus India website mentioned that it will support CDMA. CDMA handsets need to give royalty to quallcom, to avoid royalty, selling as GSM phone.

http://www.infocusindia.co.in/specs-m810.php

http://www.rimweb.in/forums/topic/33577-list-of-cdma-gsm-handsets/page-22

• Like 1

Thank you @KapilDev for your prompt reply. I just went through some review regarding M810 and it says there is only one major issue with the handset is that it gets warm/hot and drains battery very fast when warm/hot like iPhone. Is this true? and if yes than is it worth buying ?

Last but not the least, is this phone only available online? Can I buy this from some store here in Chandigarh?

Thank you @KapilDev for your prompt reply. I just went through some review regarding M810 and it says there is only one major issue with the handset is that it gets warm/hot and drains battery very fast when warm/hot like iPhone. Is this true? and if yes than is it worth buying ?

Last but not the least, is this phone only available online? Can I buy this from some store here in Chandigarh?

if your basic requirement is only whatsapp for data, then you can go blindly for infocus m810. it heats most when you play game or do video calling on hangout or skype. while keeping it in power saver mode you can even browse the net and download, there is no issue even you can watch youtube also..and yes there is problem with online shopping. I got defected piece, even 3g network was not working, after so many complains I got replaced with new set. after receiving this handset I used only 1 hrs and sold it out..this phone is not for heavy usage specially game and video calls..for basic requirement it is best in this price..

Edited by sameer7186
  • Like 1

Thank you Sameer for your prompt & detailed reply. It's better not to waste money on known issue handset as it might give more problems as it gets older.

I did not get any reply about ZTE Grand SII ? No one using this?

Also, how good LAVA EG932?

@Rohit : Thanks for suggesting HTC M8. Its too expensive and the price you suggested is for 2nd hand set. Also, I went through eBay listing where seller says DATA might not work for CDMA :(

Thank you Sameer for your prompt & detailed reply. It's better not to waste money on known issue handset as it might give more problems as it gets older.

I did not get any reply about ZTE Grand SII ? No one using this?

Also, how good LAVA EG932?

@Rohit : Thanks for suggesting HTC M8. Its too expensive and the price you suggested is for 2nd hand set. Also, I went through eBay listing where seller says DATA might not work for CDMA :(

I have used grand SII and thanks to amazon for accepted return as well as money back..it is the worst mobile ever..if some one give you free of cost then also you won't use..

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I suggest you to buy second hand htc desire 816 through olx, even it is more than a year old..now a days people are selling it for 10k or below..it is very good handset with great battery back up..dual nano sim type in which 1st sim slot support 2g/3g/cdma rev.b

• Like 1

I am using InFocus M810 on Reliance CDMA since Diwali along with iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB on Airtel 4G.

Both works just fine, no heating. InFocus is put in a Mercury diary case. I have torrents running on Infocus M810 all around the clock because I am on Magic 1300 plan with 50% ort in discount, Downloaded above 25 GB in 9 days and it has worked fine. The problem I face is sometimes the touchscreen's lower 3/5 portion stops registering touches. Have to shut down and restart it manually but I think that is because of Nova Launcher. GPS lock is also somewhat slow. Yes there is some risk in online purchase but then it is more of a portable internet device for me. All important calling is done on iPhone. Your options are"

- HTC 728G

- Gionee Marathon M5

Both are currently above 17,000 mark though. Otherwise you are limited to Lava device which was mentioned above but comes with android 4.x which is ancient now.

• Like 1