Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
nibin

Moto X Pure Edition not catching Reliance CDMA signal

Dear Friends,

I got a brand new Moto X Pure Edition from US. Theoretically it is supposed to support all CDMA frequencies.

Unfortunately, when I tried putting in my Reliance CDMA SIM, it was not catching Reliance CDMA signal.

Any idea what could be problem?

I tried an Airtel GSM SIM and that worked.

So, I was suspecting it to be problem with wrong band or due to locked bands.

And the worst part is, I played with phone testing and unknowingly set the band to USA band and now it is not even hooking on to a GSM network.

Somebody please help me.

Thanks

Nibin

If u can send the handset to me I can try

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks Parin Bhai. I can do that.

Just a new piece of information. With phone testing tool and multiple trial & error I got it connected to 1x network finally.

But still it's refusing to connect to evdo network and also no data.

Also, I noticed that the connection is lost when it switches from current tower to the next one.

I thought that Moto x pure edition is completely unlocked and work out of the box with our CDMA networks.

Motorola support was saying that it works only with CDMA networks in U.S.

Sorry for the late update. I was out of station for a few days.

The whole issue was with the SIM card.

I tried with my another OMH SIM card and it was able to connect to the network in 1x mode.

Strange thing is both the SIM cards are RECRUC06 series and my original OMH SIM card still works with my Motorola Droid Maxx.

But still I am not able to connect with EVDO data with the new SIM card. Data is working only with 1x mode.

I tried sending HSD to 55444 but it says that my request could be processed at this time.

Can somebody help me with this ?

Please write a email to the concerned appellate authority

It will be done after they will acknowledge your emial

No point in hitting the customer care they will not understand this problem

Sorry for the late update. I was out of station for a few days.

The whole issue was with the SIM card.

I tried with my another OMH SIM card and it was able to connect to the network in 1x mode.

Strange thing is both the SIM cards are RECRUC06 series and my original OMH SIM card still works with my Motorola Droid Maxx.

But still I am not able to connect with EVDO data with the new SIM card. Data is working only with 1x mode.

I tried sending HSD to 55444 but it says that my request could be processed at this time.

Can somebody help me with this ?

in my experience you will get faster result with a service request created through their instacare app.

Thanks babaji.

Infact I have already tried *222 and instacare app but in vain.

They all have closed the tickets after 2 days saying that there is nothing wrong at their side.

I have a feeling that there is indeed some incompatibilities w.r.t EVDO between Reliance SIM cards and Moto X Pure Edition.

I am yet sent a mail to appellate authority as Satish had suggested; as I wanted to confirm that the issue is with Reliance and not the phone before sending out the mail.

So, until we have a solution, I do want to warn all prospective buyers of Moto X Pure Edition about this EVDO issue with Reliance CDMA.

Please test with another sim on which already evdo is activated

If everything is with the anoyher sim then you can raise complaint to appelate they will do it promptly as they did in my case

So arrange another sim where evdo is activated or else test your sim in another handset and see if evdo is activated by sending the sms HSD

I tested my SIM card with another handset HTX Desire XC and to my surprise both 1X and EVDO worked in that phone.

Also, I tried another SIM in my Moto X Pure Edition and it also connects only with 1X and no EVDO.

So, now we can confirm the issue is with the phone and not Reliance.

Infact, in the About menu where we can check the signal, it is showing only 1x signal and no EVDO signal.

Can somebody tell me if there is anything I can do about this?

The phone specification says that it supports CDMA 800 / 850 / 1900. It should be supporting both 1x and EVDO right?

do the last hit and trial method

simply get the sim interchanged to new sim thru r com shop

sometimes it happens that when you cut the sim then this problem may arise

so get yourself new sim replaced

if possible get a factory cut nano sim

this may be your last try to get the things working

few users when got the sim replaced with factory cut sim got the things working so before making any settings and disturb the current 1X lets try this

I couldn't get hold of a precut nano SIM. So, I had to get a Mini SIM cut into nano.

Unfortunately, its the same issue with the new SIM as well. Only 1x and no EVDO.

Strangely, if I go to the testing menu and change preferred network type to "EVDO only", the phone connects to EVDO Rev A but the no calls and SMS work (only data).

Now I have switched it back to CDMA Auto PRL and its back onto 1x network.

So basically phone supports 1x and EVDO, just that its not connecting to EVDO for data while the network type is set to CDMA Auto PRL.

For the time being, I believe that I have to live with 1x until someone cracks this issue.

Any luck yet?

I quite like this phone

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Nope. I am still on 1x.

This is a great phone otherwise. I love it.

Hope somebody would figure out a solution for this issue.

Hi nibin....same issue here. My freind sent this mobile to me from U.S. From the day 1...iam suffering with the same issue which you've mentioned. I have sent mails to appellate authority also. But no use. Waiting for a solution.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Hi nibin....same issue here. My freind sent this mobile to me from U.S. From the day 1...iam suffering with the same issue which you've mentioned. I have sent mails to appellate authority also. But no use. Waiting for a solution.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

If you a get solution, please with us here.