Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

Gionee Marathon M5 CDMA GSM LTE Dual SIM With Marathon 6020 mAh Battery

:wOOtjumpy:Good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wOOtjumpy: Flipkart shows that Gionee Marathon M5 will support CDMA.

post-60936-0-04683900-1448387166_thumb.p

Edited by KAPILKDEV

Price of Gionee Marathon M5 is 17999/-

post-60936-0-13252000-1448391393_thumb.j

Edited by KAPILKDEV
  • Like 1

Gionee M5 add. In TOI back page also confirm CDMA network.post-41188-144842738109_thumb.jpg

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

:Sorprendido: :Sorprendido: :boxing:

http://indianexpress.com/article/technology/mobile-tabs/gionee-marathon-m5-price-specs-features/

Full specs 5.5-inch HD AMOLED display

Dual SIM LTE, CDMA

MediaTek MT6735SoC 32GBROM (expandable up to 128GB)

3GB RAM

13MP rear camera + 5MP front

Amigo 3.1 UI based on Android 5.1

6020 mAh Li-Po battery

Available in white, black and gold

:Sorprendido:

Also refer the LINK from GIONEE Website http://gionee.co.in/M5/

TECH SPECS red-down-arrow.png

GENERAL

2G Network 850/900/1800/1900 MHz 3G Network 1900/900/2100 MHz 4G Network TDD: B38/39/40/41, FDD: B1/B3/B7/B20 CDMA 800 MHz

this is really good that Gionee has launched a variant of the Marathon M5 in India, featuring 3GB of RAM coupled with 32GB of inbuilt storage, as opposed to the 2GB of RAM and 16GB storage model launched globally.

btw how does Gionee fare in android os updates ?

In the Box its also written that GSM/CDMA

I am telling about Gionee M5

:hypocrite: Mail from Gionee confirming CDMA support for Marathon M-5.
To: You
Show full Headers | View blocked images
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Gionee!!

As per your concern we would like to inform you that CDMA Sim is supportable in our Marathon M-5.

Thanks & Regards
G Care

Marathon M-5 having with EVDO Riv B.

Sent from my Micromax AE90 using Tapatalk

<< New topic for Gionee Marathon M5 created by splitting posts from Micromax Canvas 5 CDMA topic. >>

• Like 2

Anyone using phone?

Internet / Data is working?

:boxing: From: <gcare@gionee.co.in> Sat, 28 Nov '15 9:05p
To: You
Show full Headers | View blocked images
Dear Customer,

Greetings from Gionee..!!

As per your concern we would like to inform you that EV-DO REV.B is supportable in our M5 model.

Thanks & Regards
G Care

So finally a great affordable phone with outstanding battery life for CDMA lovers in India... :Sorprendido:

Even I was tempted to go for this phone, but the super fast charger (which Gionee M5 lacks) in my current phone (Lenovo Vibe P1 with 5000mAh battery) spoiled me.. I usually charge it during lunch break and use the phone for 2 days without looking for charger..

• Like 2

Please suggest me a 5 inch dual sim(cdma+gsm) with good configuration. I liked gionee M5 & lenovo vibe P1 but, for me its oversize. 5 inch is perfect for me.

Is it lenovo vibe P1 CDMA+GSM phone??

Sent from my Micromax AE90 using Tapatalk

The above comparison in the link tells that Gionee M5 supports EV DO Rev A , but the company has confirmed that it supports EV DO Rev B .

One of a friend of my friend got this phone..I requested her to check with my reliance sim card..and it is working super with rev.b...signal shows EV and 1x like htc phone..the most amazing thing is, it support cdma in both sim. since it is not written which sim slot support cdma, so I checked with both sim slot and both are working with evdo..Means this phone may support cdma+cdma also. I have only one sim card, so unable to check but both sim support cdma..you can use cdma in one slot and 2g/3g/4g with 2nd slot..this is the most amazing feature of this phone..it is the first phone which support cdma/2g/4g+cdma/2g/3g/4g...

• Like 3

One of a friend of my friend got this phone..I requested her to check with my reliance sim card..and it is working super with rev.b...signal shows EV and 1x like htc phone..the most amazing thing is, it support cdma in both sim. since it is not written which sim slot support cdma, so I checked with both sim slot and both are working with evdo..Means this phone may support cdma+cdma also. I have only one sim card, so unable to check but both sim support cdma..you can use cdma in one slot and 2g/3g/4g with 2nd slot..this is the most amazing feature of this phone..it is the first phone which support cdma/2g/4g+cdma/2g/3g/4g...

thanks for the update

can you pls ask her how much time does the phone take to charge completely .

• Like 1

how its possible EVDO REV B because its use MT 6735 please see link http://www.mediatek.com/en/products/mobile-communications/smartphone1/mt6735/

please add screenshot for rev b support

Edited by kk999
  • Like 1

sold my HTC one Dual for 10.5k and purchased this handset.

Please Post Review

Hi Dear,

Little surprised as HTC one dual sim sold at very low price & that too for Gionee.. Was it troubling you...

Please do post review..

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

Please Post Review

shd get this handset in a day or two as i purchased it yesterday only. .

Hi Dear,

Little surprised as HTC one dual sim sold at very low price & that too for Gionee.. Was it troubling you...

Please do post review..

Sent from my HTC One dual sim using Tapatalk

No, htc one dual was and will remain an awesome phone, it never went slow or lagged, camera was awesome ...its just that i used that phone for 2.3 years and felt it was the right time to move before it starts giving battery issues.

i paid @ 46k for that phone in aug 2013 and i sold it with a heavy heart. Also i feel 6 months down the line i would not even get 5k as there is hardly any takers for a 2nd hand HTC phones.

with infocus m810 and gionee m5 and few ZTE handsets now supporting cdma, we have many options and makes sense to buy a new handset to use with cdma.

somehow i am not comfortable to own a imported cdma handset so as of today, that leave me option of owning a HTC 826 DS or E8 again or this Gionee. The 3gb ram + bigger battery + 4g dual sim made me go for this phone.

also this review by a user named MKsH was a deal maker for me

why is everyone confused here about things. simple choice is if you want cdma smartphone go for it. i tell you why-

1. its the only dual sim phone which supports cdma as well as 4g on second sim slot because as i am using htc one e8 and i love my phone very much and its very good overall compare to gionee m5 but the sad part is every smartphone right now which support cdma dual sim has not support for 4g on second sim slot. even 3g is not supported you can only use 2g sim on second sim slot and thats really bad part of and cdma+gsm dual sim smartphone. so thats the part where gionee m5 shines out from the rest because you can use 4g sim gsm on both the slots and can use cdma sim on slot 1 and gsm sim on second slot with 2g/3g even 4g and thats really the best part of this smartphone.

so guys if you really want to take advantage of the cdma cheap plans as i am using relience truly unlimited plan on my htc one e8 then you have only one best option right now which is gionee marathon M5.

2. now come tosecond choice if you are not willing to use any cdma sim and will only use gsm sim then their is no point for going for the gionee m5.although it has good specs like 3gb ram, amoled display, 32 gb internal but very poor gpu and cpu if you want gaming then you will be not as happy as you can be from all other smartphones in this price range. because if u will use only gsm sims then there are lot more options available in this price range with same or better specification.

but again if you really want a smartphone with cdma facility then gionee marathon m5 is the only best option available right now with best specifcation you can imagine right now. because cdma smartphone are usually costly as compared to normal gsm smartphones and if you google you will find that this smartphone is not costly at all as for the cdma smartphone or i can easily say its best cdma phone right now available with best specification with just right pricing but cdma is not your concern then i agree with everyone here that you have lot of options in this price range.

also when i inquired abt the time it takes to fully charge this handset, this is the reply i got

about 2 h. it has a smart charger, with voltage from 5 to 12 v. there are 2 batt cell, 3000 mAh each, with separate charging circuit.

• Like 2

the battery charging reply posted above may not be correct

It took me 6 hours to charge the battery from 6% to 100%. It took 1 hours 13 minutes to charge from 20% to 45%.

source https://www.gogi.in/gionee-marathon-m5-review.html