Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
KAPILKDEV

Gionee Marathon M5 CDMA GSM LTE Dual SIM With Marathon 6020 mAh Battery

also this handset supports Rev B as per Gionee India customer care

gcare@gionee.co.in Wed, Dec 2, 2015 at 3:17 PM

To: hidden

Dear Customer,

Greetings From Gionee!!

As per your concern we would like to inform you that CDMA mode is supportable in our Marathon M5 and EVDO REV B is also supports in M5.

Thanks & Regards

G Care

Edited by nitink
  • Like 1

How to Root Gionee M5 and Install TWRP Recovery

http://www.androidvillaz.com/2015/11/how-to-root-gionee-m5-and-install-twrp-recovery.html

disclaimer : i have not tried it so pls try at ur own risk.

Can u plz tell me about internet settings fir Reliance cdma in gionee m5.net is not working in my pho e

time for my review.

32gb internal storage, 3GB ram, 6050mAH battery and 5.5" amoled display, 4g on both sims or u can use cdma+gsm or gsm+cdma. u can set data to work on either sim. What else do u want !!!!It is a true world phone.

am using it with reliance cdma + dolphin as gsm and signals r great. even better than my earlier HTC one dual sim. evdo works awesome with cdma. U can use any of the 2 sim slots for cdma or both for 4g gsm.

i am a heavy user and easily get 2+ days with some juice remaining. Thou a bit heavy but u get used to it. GOLD color is the best and it has premium looks. The flip cover along with the phone is of nice quality but the plastic screen guard is a waste coz its not tempered glass. Better to buy a tempered glass screen guard online or after market shops @ 100 bucks.

camera quality @ 13mp is seriously good. Low light pics are also good. front cam @5mp also shoots sharp pics.

smart screen gestures work ok. double tap to wake and sleep etc make life easy. coming from HTC family, sense is much better than the native amigo 3.1 and it takes some time to understand the features. They have packed a lot of innovative features like everyday changing lock screen wallpapers @ mood card, new wallpaper app for this phone , smart gestures, theme park etc etc.

There is no app drawer which can be addressed by using any other launcher. Anyways I have not felt the need for an app drawer till date. can always fall back on nova or next or halo etc launchers.

music effects are awesome both via speak and headset It has DTS with various pre set modes and also u can adjust the equalizer thou u wont need to. I like heavy bass and the native music app does not disappoint.

u wont regret purchasing this phone.

• Like 6

Thanks ji.. How is the IR Blaster working (as remote control) for ACs and TVs???

Ring tone and music volume?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Thanks ji.. How is the IR Blaster working (as remote control) for ACs and TVs???

yet to try, will comment on this soon.

Ring tone and music volume?

ring tone and music volumes via speaker are loud.

Is it running on RECRUC06XXXXX ? or need RGE sim ?

Is it running on RECRUC06XXXXX ? or need RGE sim ?

tested with RECRUC06XXXXX series sim. working fine..

• Like 1

only thing i feel that 5.5 inch is little bit more. 5 inch is the perfect size for a smartphone.

• Like 3

@amitnsonu, You stole my feeling. I would have bought if, it would have been 5'

is this handset DSDS or DSDA ?

flex..

is this handset DSDS or DSDA ?

flex..

dual-SIM dual standby

• Like 2

sorely missing the DSDA feature of htc series - One, one max, 700

flex..

• Like 1

only thing i feel that 5.5 inch is little bit more. 5 inch is the perfect size for a smartphone.

even i was apprehensive, but after using 5.5" i hv got used to it and also feel why was i using such a small screen 4.7" earlier.

ps : i suffer from a bad eyesite so bigger screen = better viewing :)

sorely missing the DSDA feature of htc series - One, one max, 700

flex..

its not a deal breaker for me since cdma is my primary number.

http://www.gsmarena.com/gionee_m5_lite-7803.php

zuaba shows 5000 pcs of Gionee M5 lite have been shipped to india

specs are nothing to boast - 5" screen ,4000mAH battery, 3gb ram and 8mp back camera, same MT processor.

seems they want to target the 5" screen customers but with very laid back specs. camera shd not hv been reduced to 8mp.

If the mini is again coming with CDMA support, it will surely sell well...

Gionee Marathon M5 CDMA 1X Ko support karta hai ki nahi..Please Reply

EVDO is backward compatible with 1X so it should support.

I was hesitant to buy this smartphone as the options from HTC viz., Desire 728 and 826X were tempting. The negative in HTC was second sim supporting only 2g and poor battery life. As a Reliance CDMA Zero plan user, my data usage and voice calls are pretty heavy. The ultimate choice remained Gionee Marathon M5 owing to its 6020 mAh battery and CDMA support (Box says CDMA+GSM, GSM+CDMA, GSM+GSM). I bought the phone which was delivered on 11th Dec. I went for the white colored model as it goes well with Formal image of mine.

Coming to the one week review of this phone,

I feel that the phone is decent to look at with average finishing. The chrome skirting is uneven at some locations. The screen is good and has deep blacks owing to AMOLED. The resolution is acceptable but would have been better if it was HD.

Connectivity is good in both slots and is better than my earlier phone (LG G2) in terms of network lock. There is NO NFC but Gionee compensates this by bringing in HotKnot, which I haven't used yet. Infrared shortcut exists on Lock Screen, and the blaster works fine. I noticed a major glitch in terms of messaging. SMS which is longer than 160 characters is not received by the recepient when sent using this phone's sim1. I haven't tried SIM2 yet. SMS is classified into conversations, service and others. GPS performance is good.

The major doubts which people may have on EVDO Rev B is not clear as the download speeds are not crossing 200kBps (roughly 2.3Mbps) which corresponds to under Rev A limits, even though I stay in Delhi. I doubt that Rev B is provided although Gionee claims.

User Interface is without the App Drawer and has control drawer from below, which is not editable. The lock screen is customisable as per our choice according to genre. Feel and appearance is wonderful and without any hassle. The weather animations are very creative and rich, while the gesture support enables knock on feature you could find on LG phones (believe me it's a blessing).

Video playing is not smooth maybe due to poor GPU. Audio playback is loud and is clear.

Battery performance is great and is as per expectations. I use EVDO data 24x7, and yet I get 48 hrs+ on my phone on a single charge, which takes about 6 hours. There is not much heating even on playing games or using browser/internet.

Camera quality is above average. It has a 13 MP rear cam and it could manage decent image quality. Video quality is good.

Storage option of expanding upto 128GB exists but the 128 Gigs are expensive as of now, and cost upwards of 4k (unless you buy on ebay from HK/Singapore).

Overall, I feel this is among the better available phones for a CDMA user. I rate this at 8.5/10.

Other Alternatives:

1. Infocus M810 (Single Sim)

2. HTC Desire 828 (GSM/CDMA/4G+3G, battery is small)

Improvements which will make this phone rock solid:

1. Better processor and GPU

2. At least an HD screen

3. A little lesser weight (maybe with some compromise on battery)

4. Regular updates.

• Like 7

Is Gionee Marathon M5 VOLTE (Voice Over LTE) capable for use on Reliance Jio?

Is Gionee Marathon M5 VOLTE (Voice Over LTE) capable for use on Reliance Jio?

most likely yes

Gionee M5 supports LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 7(2600), 20(800), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

Jio is on LTE TDD 2300MHz, LTE FDD 1800 & 800 MHz.

LTE band support and VOLTE support are two different things. LTE band support means data is supported. For VOLTE two things needed,

-Hardware support from mobile chipset

-Feature enabled in software

Gionee Marathon M5 has Mediatek MT6735 processor. No clarity whether it supports VOLTE.

Can you check in settings whether anywhere Enable VOLTE or similar setting is showing?

Can you check in settings whether anywhere Enable VOLTE or similar setting is showing?

seems it does not support VOLTE.

gionee has announced 2 more marathon m5 variants - M5 plus and M5 enjoy which have VOLTE support

http://www.gsmarena.com/gionee_marathon_m5_plus_and_m5_enjoy_launched-news-15641.php