Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tauji

Honor Holly 2 Plus CDMA Dual SIM

@Tauji Flipkart ****ed at delivering the mobile. It was a one day guaranteed delivery. They did not deliver instead sent me an SMS that they could not contact me. Bull****. Now I have to wait one more day.

@Tauji Flipkart ****ed at delivering the mobile. It was a one day guaranteed delivery. They did not deliver instead sent me an SMS that they could not contact me. Bull****. Now I have to wait one more day.

expect this while fk is having lots of offer...

so did u receive yet?

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

I got my phone. EVDO was working with REC RUC ruim but stopped when i tried using bsnl evdo ruim. Since then, not been able to use evdo.

However it has latched to evdo rev a network all the while. Data not working.

I will update you guys with a brief review later in the night. Currently in office.

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

I got my phone. EVDO was working with REC RUC ruim but stopped when i tried using bsnl evdo ruim. Since then, not been able to use evdo.

I will update you guys with a brief review later in the night. Currently in office.

Yeah , the same was in my case ....when u insert SIM it latches to EvDO network , then stops & never again latched even if you do a factory re-set( atleast this is in case of REC sim) , not sure in case of RGE sim , @lostjournal i request that you please use RGE sim series before returning the phone if the case may be.

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

Yeah , the same was in my case ....when u insert SIM it latches to EvDO network , then stops & never again latched even if you do a factory re-set( atleast this is in case of REC sim) , not sure in case of RGE sim , @lostjournal i request that you please use RGE sim series before returning the phone if the case may be.

conclusion is:- wont it work with RECRUC series RUIM smoothly?

anyone tried with RGE series yet?

ive purchased again yesterday at Rs. 7646/-\

hoping breakthrough soooon!

#cdmahunger :P

5107704358.png

Edited by Tauji

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

5107704358.png

Recieved replacement device from flipkart as my first one display is not working properly.

New one also EVDO working fine with RGERUC sim without any issue.

Try RGE once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

5107704358.png

I have faced the same problem. When I bought the mobile , I have the old sim which is RGERUC series. Since it is connected good and gives 2.31 Mbps speed.

I thought it is not a diamond sim, so i can buy a new diamond sim. After activation it is not getting connected.

Now my REC sim is not connecting. I need my old sim needs to be activated.After inserting the New sim I am getting the error SMS from 5712 stating that [sTATUS :Failure! ESN and MEID Both as Empty][Model:][Make:]

Can any one here help me to inform me the procedure of activating the old sim instead of new sim.

Please let me know. I am eagerly want to know. I have the old sim and old sim cover where all the sim related details are there. Can I reactivate the old sim Since it is working good in old sim.

Please help me.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Arindam Ghosh

Okay won't be writing anything elaborate as it was a disappointing day. From being happy to see the data work to being hopelessly disappointed.

Display is average to good - not as good as Redmi Prime. If you slightly tilt - you will see a pattern of pixels.

Touch is average - works great most of the time. But every now and then it does not work as expected. The UI needs polishing.

The phone feels laggy at times.

GSM works great. Reception is great. Call quality is great.

Battery was great. HOWEVER, mine dropped from 20 to 2% straight and the phone shut down. Will have to observe this.

Finally - CDMA.

EVDO worked as I inserted the RUIM. Then I tried testing two cDma RUIM together and data stopped working.

I get ev symbol for reliance. I get 1x for Tata Docomo cdm a. I got no signal for Bsnl .

All in all disappointed that EVDO is not working. I also went to reliance world - but the guy had rec ruc RUIM.

Camera is ordinary.

Thanks.

• Like 1

@lostjournal

Dont worry. If you change the SIM to RGE series and activate HSD then it will work.

To get RGE Series SIM, contact one of senior member here, Mr. Gurugopal, HYDERABAD.

so did u receive yet?

Yes..

5107704358.png

Recieved replacement device from flipkart as my first one display is not working properly.

New one also EVDO working fine with RGERUC sim without any issue.

Try RGE once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can we compare it with S II Display touch ui ?

Finally i received it and speed is good . EVDO is smooth so far. ive REC series RUIM :) happy with the purchase...

Finally i received it and speed is good . EVDO is smooth so far. ive REC series RUIM :) happy with the purchase...

Which handset you are using before Honer and is data runing on it ?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

• Like 1

@ Tauji , request a feedback after re-inserting the REC sim may be after a day . It is indeed very good that REC sim is latching to EvDO !!

@ Tauji , request a feedback after re-inserting the REC sim may be after a day . It is indeed very good that REC sim is latching to EvDO !!

I have used REC diamond sim, but Data is not Connecting for me. @tauji Please help me,how can I get the EVDO Service for REC Sim.

I got good HSD Speed RGERUC Sim series. I am feeling regretted to change the RGERUC sim to REC sim , seems like just because my CDMA hungriness I missed everything.

I went today to reliance care and asked for give me the old sim activation or give me the RGERUC series. They said they can not give me the old sim activation and they don't have the RGERUC sim, they have only REC sim.

can you please please guide me how can I get the EVDO connectivity in REC Sim. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi all RIMWEB'ians,

Greetings!

this phone made me so skeptical that i cancelled twice and somehow it convinced me to purchase when i saw 10% off . i got it at third time :P

Without wasting time for basic review. we all know its a damn good Phone having CDMA+ 4G ability and a crazy battery backup(thats what we crazy CDMA users need). we may overlook any demerit irrespective to EVDO.

Got it morning 11 am and battery was 57% charged , till now not charging ... used it like crazy with hotspot most of the time open. data used since then 5+ GB with speed 1mbps... and now battery is 26%. :Sorprendido:

amazed to see that EVDO works out of the box without any effort. i just yell F*** man.

i am not in the mood to do any R&D so it p*** off like other mates complaining...

I am having RECRUC0688**** OMH series RUIM which i bought just 3-4 months ago. so My RUIM is not old.

since then im using Rs. 178 plan and get 10 GB. :w00t:

i've used MOTO G CDMA before which was stolen long way back.

Meanwhile i Used huawei EC 315.

P.S

Many having glitch especially those just changing RUIM to get updated series are being adviced to Send HSD to 55444. the problem when EV sign is on off is a sign that ur EVDO is not activated .

5110924558.png

Second bad thing with some hope.

Tested MTS OMH SIM AND data started working on EVDO.

But again fall back to 1x.

So data is working, but signal fluctuation are high just beside tower.

Sometimes EV, and then suddenly 1x is appearing.

Data gets connection from both EV and 1x in Bangalore.

So there is huge flaw in device,

55333:- for prepaid

55444:- for postpaid

Sent from my XT1526 using Tapatalk

agree ....the same i had posted earlier for REC RCDMA SIM series ...@ Tauji is there any fluctuation when you are using REC SIM series ...

Too much fluctuate . speed is slow almost 25% less speed compared to huawei EC 315. I doubt if i restart the phone EVDO will stop working... Sigh...

however i got 90 UL HSD...

5112366110.png

I have Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus and R- CDMA REC series sim card. Data is not working.

Alreday received a sms of unlimited data for 90 days on 20th feb.

Can anybody tell me where in mumbai i will get RGE series R-CDMA Sim ?

Thanks

You won't get them at a store, as RCOM no longer sells that series.

agree ....the same i had posted earlier for REC RCDMA SIM series ...@ Tauji is there any fluctuation when you are using REC SIM series ...

Finally the data stopped working with my handset too. since i told . as the moment i restarted and put second GSM SIM , the device shows its damn face which it is known for..

Tried everything but nothing made it alive again. EV sign is there but no connectivity..no pain since i already expected this...

it has no problem with REC series as long as i didnt restarted it. Using UL free data with other device and no problem there...

now its an useless brick...

RIP Huawei...

Edited by Tauji

this is very comical & neither Huawei nor Reliance can explain this , i believe it is more to do with software , hopefully the manufacturer releases a patch :cursing:

• Like 1

Hello All:

I had a word and dropped a mail with Huawei India and told them of this issue. The customer service guy acknowledge the issue for Internet Data not working on Reliance Cdma and said that Huwaei recd lots of complaints on this.

He further added that this issue is being looked into by the product team and shall be resolved in the next 48 hrs. He had taken note of email and said that email will be sent with resolution.Also it is not the sim series problem its the software problem .

By the way Tata EV works flawlessly on amanually adding apn settings.

I hope this is not just another gimmick and things will sort out soon.Hopefully they release a patch soon !!!

I think all those owning this handset should complain so that this problem sorts out soon rather than late.

Sam007

• Like 1

Issue a legal notice complaining the problems and ask for refund. They will definitely sort out the problem or else they have to refund the amount. This was happened to me when I bought the ZTE CDMA PHONE.