Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tauji

Honor Holly 2 Plus CDMA Dual SIM

not working for me. even after lots of tweaks... finally going to lodge complain to huawei... :ranting:

Super fast.

Morning requested for refund on flipkart.

Received call from flipkart.

Done useless troubleshoot.

FINALLY DATA NOT WORKING IN BANGALORE.

REPLACEMENT REQUEST CONVERTED TO REFUND .

RIMWEB member REPORTED data working

AFTERNOON

Flipkart executive call for address

Ask him to wait, again data not working , as per flipkart executive "Huawei will release and find solutions in March or April "

PICK up of handset done in evening .

Email received and refund approved and processed.

Bank credit after few days.

But still thinking of software bug,

Issue a legal notice complaining the problems and ask for refund. They will definitely sort out the problem or else they have to refund the amount. This was happened to me when I bought the ZTE CDMA PHONE.

How to send legal notice while complaining ? I need to do the same.

@ arindam & other boarders .. i got a call from RCOM customer care informing that internet will now work on honor-holly-2-plus, just switch off & switch on the phone ....there have been some changes they have made in the back-end , can anybody confirm this !!

No I am not getting anything @Ankur. Many others rimweb members told today that they are able to connect the data. Even I informed Rcom ,get the SR no from last week. They are reported till yesterday they are working on it via sms.Today

As you told I have switched off and switched on the phone. I am not getting it is connected.

I am using REC Diamond sim. My sim slot1 holds RIM CDMA Sim, The settings I did in Huawei honor Holly 2 Plus is that Mobile Network. Data Roaming (Trial and Error method , swatch on and off) , Mobile Data Connection Switching Prompt : Automatic

System Select : None, APN: Apn Type: default,supl,dun,net,ia remaining are default settings.

There is no luck to connect the data.Can anybody please please help me what are the settings change.

@arindam , i also got a call from Huawei call centre -- 01416600500 to confirm my IMEID no. , as they are in the process of resolving the issue on asap basis , since i have already returned my handset so could not proceed , suggest you may try .

@Ankur : I called Huawei call centre and given my IMEI ID. They told that they will be back in next 24 hours. Hope would heard a good news soon.

I will keep my finger crossed to solve the issue

not working for me. even after lots of tweaks... finally going to lodge complain to huawei... :ranting:

Create a new APN. Instead of editing the existing one. Try with just single single.

Create a new APN. Instead of editing the existing one. Try with just single single.

Bro , created multiple APN and doin this for last 3 days. opening cover and changing RUIM everynow. Seems Back cover getting malfunction.

This Cellphone is having Software problem and it can be only rectify through Huawei or Reliance(Remotely). Although some got connected suddenly because huawei is working on it since many phone are being returned and more to go and another Factor is Fate :P

if it is RUIM oriented Bug then it never get connected even for awhile however i got connected out of the Box and stayed connected unless i switched it off and downloaded around 6+ GBS in 48 hrs...

Finally lodge complain @service.hw.in@huawei.com . let see... will Update here..

Keep Striving... :)

Edited by Tauji

Friends Today i visited a reliance store in santacruz for RGE series Diamond Sim he sad it would cost Rs.1000 i was shocked. He said u pay now & i will give sim on monday morning , Thought of going to Byculla store , since i waas tired i cancelled that visit finally coming back home i visited Reliance store at my place , she told she does not have RGE series sim and said it was only for Foreign handsets and they never sell that sim at their store. Finally reached home and checked this forum for any updates from other members. on page 8 few members said that data is working on REC Sim so i switched off my Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus and inserted RELiance CDMA in first slot and made Data connection ON . To my surprise data got connected and started receiving Watsapp messages. :)

But on EVDO network i am receiving only 2 Bars :(

Seems like almost every members who bought this phone are able to access the data connectivity.

I went to Reliance World today and discuss about the problem. Since Reliance almost stops producing the RGE Sim that's why they will bring International Free Roaming sim / World Sim which as per them needs to be worked across the world.

We need to be checked how data is connected in World sim and is it really help us to connect or not?
Lets keep our finger crossed and will keep you posted guys who belongs from Chennai.

Friends Today i visited a reliance store in santacruz for RGE series Diamond Sim he sad it would cost Rs.1000 i was shocked. He said u pay now & i will give sim on monday morning , Thought of going to Byculla store , since i waas tired i cancelled that visit finally coming back home i visited Reliance store at my place , she told she does not have RGE series sim and said it was only for Foreign handsets and they never sell that sim at their store. Finally reached home and checked this forum for any updates from other members. on page 8 few members said that data is working on REC Sim so i switched off my Huawei Honor Holly 2 Plus and inserted RELiance CDMA in first slot and made Data connection ON . To my surprise data got connected and started receiving Watsapp messages. :)

I suggest you write first to reliance customer care , then to rcom apellate authority & then may be to the MD / CEO ..., chain of mails attaching the following links of e-bay where RGE sim is available from 399/- to 500/- "http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_odkw=rgr+sim&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xrge+sim.TRS0&_nkw=rge+sim&_sacat=0"

this is sheer daylight robbery :mad44: by RELIANCE ADA group , the RGE sim series need to be provided to all customers who will like to undertake travel abroad free of cost & the feedback customer care provides is that they presently do not have the SIM in stock . :cursing: , i believe the RELIANCE ADA group themselves is creating a artificial scarcity & then through a nexus of dealers is selling the SIM in black

Edited by anki_79

Hi guys greetings,

I am Johnson from Siliguri, West Bengal but my Reliance CDMA sim is from Chennai. Yesterday I got my Holly 2 plus handset. Since we dont have EVDO in Siliguri, 1x data is working nicely in REC series sim. I dont know about EVDO, when I go to Kolkata, then only I will come to know. CDMA sim works in both sim slots. Previously I was using ZTE N919D.

Holly 2 plus is good gift for CDMA users.

Johnson.

I think without attaching the ebay links it is better to write it requesting them to issue RG series sims. Once you write like this we will not be able to buy from E BAY also, which causes problem at least to the guys who can pay and get the sim.

in chennai no cdma data is working

contacted webworld they refuse saying it will work after LTE 4g launch

:( 9383633993

it was a pleasure talking to you Sir , Thanks for your Time Vicky :)

Hi

The issue is not abt RGE sim.This issuecan be solved. Complain to customer care regarding data not working on honor holly 2plus . Tell them to enable EV in you sim.They will call u .

Then do *228 activate your sim in honor holly 2 plus. Viola ur data starts with EV.

Hi

The issue is not abt RGE sim.This issuecan be solved. Complain to customer care regarding data not working on honor holly 2plus . Tell them to enable EV in you sim.They will call u .

Then do *228 activate your sim in honor holly 2 plus. Viola ur data starts with EV.

@Sameer : We called already to Customer care and informed to appellate also . In Chennai they had not called us. They had closed the complain without calling to the customer.

Don't know why we need to buy world sim. Thought to write a strong mail to the chairman, if not solved then will write to trai.

Hi

@Sameer : We called already to Customer care and informed to appellate also . In Chennai they had not called us. They had closed the complain without calling to the customer.

Don't know why we need to buy world sim. Thought to write a strong mail to the chairman, if not solved then will write to trai.

Hi Arinamdam,

My say would be to put again a new request.. Hope you understood my point behind raising another request. Hopefully this gets sorted this time.

Regards

Vishal Chandna

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Finally, got connected to EVDO using RGE series RUIM. during testing bought 3 RUIM but EVDO works with only RGE series RUIM smoothly(Atleast for me)

Moreover, Still trying to sort out EVDO connectivity with REC series too.

Note- EVDO Speed of Mediatek CDMA phones is always bit slower than Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor.

Waiting for the Reply from Huawei Honor India and Reliance Production Team.

Seems they are not yet awake ....

Just take the mannual settings for EVDO data from reliance customer care. the EVDO will run on normal sim. Mine is working on REC series sim.

I suggest you write first to reliance customer care , then to rcom apellate authority & then may be to the MD / CEO ..., chain of mails attaching the following links of e-bay where RGE sim is available from 399/- to 500/- "http://www.ebay.in/sch/i.html?_odkw=rgr+sim&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR10.TRC0.A0.H0.Xrge+sim.TRS0&_nkw=rge+sim&_sacat=0"

this is sheer daylight robbery :mad44: by RELIANCE ADA group , the RGE sim series need to be provided to all customers who will like to undertake travel abroad free of cost & the feedback customer care provides is that they presently do not have the SIM in stock . :cursing: , i believe the RELIANCE ADA group themselves is creating a artificial scarcity & then through a nexus of dealers is selling the SIM in black

It's an organised, black-marketing racket!

When someone here tried selling MotoE GSM in 'black' few yrs ago, everyone started giving him moral gyaan & the topic got locked. But when it comes to cdma, doesn't really matter whether the handsets are reported stolen in US or overpriced here.. Doesn't matter if Rs 25 worth of RGE sims are openly suggested @500+

It's all fair when it comes to CDMA!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Edited by ACS
  • Like 2

Hi

Hi Arinamdam,

My say would be to put again a new request.. Hope you understood my point behind raising another request. Hopefully this gets sorted this time.

Regards

Vishal Chandna

Sent from my NX505J using Tapatalk

Thanks Vishal for your suggestion. I have raised once again today. Let's See what happen next.

anybody who are using holly2 plus, pl post your reviews, regarding cdma connectivity, is it working on evdo or not.

DIR SIR

honer holly2 plus RIM cdma data is 1x or evdo not connect in my diamond sim 9303322679

seting same is other cdma handset run 1x or evdo smoothly please help .

how run data in cdma i m old cdma customer

Well I would say, this phone is amazing. Touch response is not so good but CDMA thing compensates for it. Speed varies location to location - but all in all - very happy.

Since data was not working on rcdma n tata I had sold the phone. But what surprised me is that the person to whom. I sold the phone was using omh card of tata CDMA old sim for whom I configured APN manually n guess what days worked for him. I m yet to understand how it happened

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

It's an organised, black-marketing racket!

When someone here tried selling MotoE GSM in 'black' few yrs ago, everyone started giving him moral gyaan & the topic got locked. But when it comes to cdma, doesn't really matter whether the handsets are reported stolen in US or overpriced here.. Doesn't matter if Rs 25 worth of RGE sims are openly suggested @500+

It's all fair when it comes to CDMA!

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Boarder's having twitter account can tweet & tag @anilambani , @RelianceMobile , @reliancegroup about the issue ...i think may bring instant results , please also provide the hashtag ..we will then latch on !!

Rcdma is too complicated even for basic things like data working in supported handsets, let alone foreign handsets. The way they make customers to run around searching for even the serial number of sims is plainly ......., ok leave it.

sent from my Lenovo Vibe P1 using Tapatalk

Hello All:

Recd a call from Huawei people informing of OTA update withinn 4 days for smooth functioning of EVDO.

They are collecting ime nos and meid from customers who had complained earlier for evdo not working properly.Those whose EVDO is not working properly should complain to huawei customer care number:18002096555.

Sam007

• Like 1