Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Tauji

Honor Holly 2 Plus CDMA Dual SIM

Hello All:

Recd a call from Huawei people informing of OTA update withinn 4 days for smooth functioning of EVDO.

They are collecting ime nos and meid from customers who had complained earlier for evdo not working properly.Those whose EVDO is not working properly should complain to huawei customer care number:18002096555.

Sam007

It sounds good. Hope the patch will help us to connect DATA for any Indian CDMA operator. Specially RIM and TATA. Already submitted IMEI no but they have not asked me any MEID no, Do it mandatory to update the MEID to Huawei CC?

Please let me know , will call them and will update the same.

I got email from Reliance Appellate also for Chennai subscribers. They are working on it,if user wants to continue without buying the world sim.

WILL WAIT AND WATCH AND DECIDE WHETHER TO BUY THIS OR NOT

I have also tried everything to connect internet with MTS Ev-DO.

but no luck

Hi all!

after all tweaks and R&Ds, my Conclusion is to return this phone if update doesn't come soon.

Even u succeed in getting connected EVDo the speed is much lesser than other CDMA phone at same location and it fluctuate like hell.

Honestly , Never expected such Third class product from Huawei. My respect to Huawei is RIP...

Ty

Anyone received any update as of now?

@lostjournal ....please provide feedback on the EvDO speed & connection stability you are experiencing on honor holly 2 plus.

@lostjournal ....please provide feedback on the EvDO speed & connection stability you are experiencing on honor holly 2 plus.

@lostjournal : I have spoke few times with Huawei CC in this week, as per them it will be released in this week end or first half of the next week.If they failed to deliver,thought to send the legal notice to Huawei. Please keep in mind it is not OTA update. They will send to those members who complained it as per FCFS basis.

The signal does not fluctuate for me. I am always on EVDO. And have never used 1X data till now. The best speeb I have managed is 1.67 Mbps and average should be around .6 Mbps. I will upload my speed test results.

Signal Doesn't fluctuate but Speed do.

usually i get more than 1.20+ mbps speed in other device everytime but in holly 2 plus it barely exceed 1 mbps . most of the time it hovers around .50 mpbs and some places i only get .20 mbps though other CDMA devices never give me less than 1 mbps anytime.

Mee too facing the same issue. EvDO gets conncted however speeds of only 1x. Serious problem with radio software. Huawei needs to release an update to this ASAP.

I called up Huawei care and they informed me that update has already been made and it will be rolled out sequentially. However I have not received any update as of now.

Lol. Sequentially??? As if it was rolling out for millions of devices. Has anyone experienced issues with touch ?

Just saw the below note in flipkart:

All Battery Life Claims are Approximate and Based on an Average of Usage and Standby Time. The Actual Battery Performance will Vary Based on Factors Such as Signal Strength, Network Configuration, Age of Battery, Operating Temperature, Features Selected, Device Settings, And Voice, Data and Other Application Usage Patterns, 4G Connectivity and Phone Features Depend on the Carrier and the Location of the User, The Holly 2 Plus Mobile Phone Supports Reliance CDMA, but Doesn't Support Tata Docomo CDMA without Correct APN Configuration as of Now. This Should be Fixed in the Next OTA Update, Which will be Tentatively Released by April 2016, or You May Reach out to Our Customer Support Team to Get Help in Manual Configuration Update, This Device Supports CDMA EVDO Rev A which Gives up to 3.1 Mbps Download Speed and 1.8 Mbps Upload Speed as Per 3GPP2 Standard (Actual Speed depends on the Carrier Network)

I have received it on 3rd March , put rcdma SIM , data is working without any issue, even I don't have to add manual apn.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I am still not able to use Tata Docomo cdma.

Is there a lace from where we can download ? As I have still not received it .. Need it badly...

Can somebody advice if this will work on Honor Holly 2 Plus simultaneously ...Slot SIM 1 -- CDMA Voice , Slot SIM 2 --- CDMA Internet ??

Can somebody advice if this will work on Honor Holly 2 Plus simultaneously ...Slot SIM 1 -- CDMA Voice , Slot SIM 2 --- CDMA Internet ??

Voice and data on SIM1

Voice and data on SIM1

You can use data on SIM1 and voice on SIM2

Don't worry after the OTA u should be able to. I got it confirmed from CC. Touch issue will also be solved as per CC. OTA within 4 days as per CC.

The Reliance started playing game at least in chennai and suggest to use the world sim for this phone.

They have charged it Rs100 , image link provided here : https://goo.gl/photos/aeALSh6x4hPAvzeu6

Huawei CC plays a very negative role, since they have taken every user who complains about data Connectivity and touch issue but does not send any email as update to the user who complains. As per CC, it will be resolve ASAP but they don't commit the days ,since when I chase them the 4 days resolution commitment then they would say that will get resolve ASAP. They don't want to confirm the date.

Whenever you called they will tell you after 4 days you will get OTA. I am not sure when the 4 days will be coming. Hope it will be next week but not sure about their 4 days.

Seems like play a hard sound with them by sending a legal notice.

Edited by arindam_ghosh

In which place we can buy this world sim

In which place we can buy this world sim

I bought it from Chennai , nungambakkam..

If you want you can buy online I guess...

https://www.reliancepassport.com/globalsimcard.html

Edited by arindam_ghosh

The Reliance started playing game at least in chennai and suggest to use the world sim for this phone.

They have charged it Rs100 , image link provided here : https://goo.gl/photos/aeALSh6x4hPAvzeu6

Huawei CC plays a very negative role, since they have taken every user who complains about data Connectivity and touch issue but does not send any email as update to the user who complains. As per CC, it will be resolve ASAP but they don't commit the days ,since when I chase them the 4 days resolution commitment then they would say that will get resolve ASAP. They don't want to confirm the date.

Whenever you called they will tell you after 4 days you will get OTA. I am not sure when the 4 days will be coming. Hope it will be next week but not sure about their 4 days.

Seems like play a hard sound with them by sending a legal notice.

The SIM in the picture is a REC series type ..but i believed that World SIM will be RGE series ..how come ?

Data works with REC SIM also