Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
jigar657

Problem Using Grey Market Data Cable

hey guys,

when i try to install the drivers for my lg 2230 data cable, at one stage of installation it is not able to find driver for "USB-Serial Controller" and so the process of installation stops there itself.

i tried it in other os'es and on other computers too, but the same prob...

is it the problem with data cable, or am in doing some mistake installing ?

please help, i ve never been able to use my data cable since i bought it...

thanx in advance

jigar

hey guys,

when i try to install the drivers for my lg 2230 data cable, at one stage of installation it is not able to find driver for "USB-Serial Controller" and so the process of installation stops there itself.

i tried it in other os'es and on other computers too, but the same prob...

is it the problem with data cable, or am in doing some mistake installing ?

please help, i ve never been able to use my data cable since i bought it...

thanx in advance

jigar

31910[/snapback]

Dear jigar657,

Which chipset is there in your USB-2-SERIAL cable, do you have the

driver CD, how old your driver is, and on which platform your are trying

to install it ?. Please give specific information.

Cheers ..........................

Which chipset is there in your USB-2-SERIAL cable, do you have the

driver CD, how old your driver is, and on which platform your are trying

to install it ?. Please give specific information.

sorry man, i dont know what chipset r u talking ? regarding the driver cd, i was given a cd but it was full of viruses, so i downloaded the drivers from the relianceinfo website... and regarding platform, i tried installing it both xp pro and win98 platforms but the same problem, the driver installation just cannot go further "USB-serial controller".

even cc guys cannot help me on this. .

plz do something yaar,

thanx

jigar

sorry man, i dont know what chipset r u talking ? regarding the driver cd, i was given a cd but it was full of viruses, so i downloaded the drivers from the relianceinfo website... and regarding platform, i tried installing it both xp pro and win98 platforms but the same problem, the driver installation just cannot go further "USB-serial controller".

even cc guys cannot help me on this. .

plz do something yaar,

thanx

jigar

31955[/snapback]

Dear jigar657,

From where did you get that cable, can you post the files having inf extension

on the driver cd here. Reliance rconnect usb driver for lg sets only have the support for

ftdi chipset, and the driver they are having is real old and can be PITA for one,

who relies on it.

Cheers ..................

Hi,

I've LG 2030 mobile which I need to connect to a laptop (having only USB port, no serial port). Everything was fine till I was using it with grey market serial cable on my PC. Now I've bought following two things but still no luck:

- A USB to serial converter. It got installed fine. Then I installed the serial port connection for reliance phone modem, as now I have a virtual serial port. BUt the connection times out. It starts dialing out and with in couple of seconds phone disconnects itself, while software keeps on trying to validate user id/password.

I even tried installing USB driver for modem but it does not detect that.

- I also tried another USb cable from grey market, but I believe it also has a usb to serial port converter plugged inside the cable. It does nto work either and its worse than USB to serial port converter.

I'm not sure which driver it is, but I was using standard reliance software for serial cable along with USB to serial port converter. Can you tell me if I need to be using USB software once I use a USB to serial ocnverter, if yes, how do I install it as reliance installation does not get completed for USB as it keeps looking for its original USB to serial port installation.

Regards

Neeraj

Hi,

Hello :-)

I've LG 2030 mobile which I need to connect to a laptop (having only USB port, no serial port). Everything was fine till I was using it with grey market serial cable on my PC. Now I've bought following two things but still no luck:

- A USB to serial converter. It got installed fine. Then I installed the serial port connection for reliance phone modem, as now I have a virtual serial port. BUt the connection times out. It starts dialing out and with in couple of seconds phone disconnects itself, while software keeps on trying to validate user id/password.

I even tried installing USB driver for modem but it does not detect that.

- I also tried another USb cable from grey market, but I believe it also has a usb to serial port converter plugged inside the cable. It does nto work either and its worse than USB to serial port converter.

Can you use the hyperterminal to check the connectivity of the serial port and phone,

BTW what chipset is being used in the USB to serial converter and are you using the

latest driver.

Yep you are right, there is no native support for USB port on LG 2030, so the cable you

are having must be a USB2SERIAL converter.

I'm not sure which driver it is, but I was using standard reliance software for serial cable along with USB to serial port converter. Can you tell me if I need to be using USB software once I use a USB to serial ocnverter, if yes, how do I install it as reliance installation does not get completed for USB as it keeps looking for its original USB to serial port installation.

Regards

Neeraj

32235[/snapback]

If yow want to know about the driver for your cable look at the appropriate files having

inf extension on the driver cd. You need to use the driver for your cable nothing else.

Check out the connectivity between phone and VCP as I said and give us the feedback,

so we can help you solve the problem :-).

Cheers ...............................

If yow want to know about the driver for your cable look at the appropriate files having

inf extension on the driver cd. You need to use the driver for your cable nothing else.

Check out the connectivity between phone and VCP as I said and give us the feedback,

so we can help you solve the problem :-).

32238[/snapback]

Thanks for a quick reply. I'll check at home the exact chipset by looking at the cable drivers. But as far as I remember the following things did work:

- After installing USB 2 Serial cable it did show me a virtual COM port

- I tried installing R-Connect modem using this virtual Serial port, which got installed fine.

- After that it tries to dial and disconnects immediately. After a while software also times out and gives error 0691 (probably) essentially timing out as no connection from phone there. I'm still trying to figure out why should the phone disconnect.

Couple of specific questions here:

- Should I be installing modem drivers for USb or serial port?

- If I try to do for USB, it installs the USB to serial converter driver which I don't need as my cable is not reliance's original cable. Now it never find that exact set of drivers installed or working properly so it never reaches the USB modem installation. Am I missing something here?

Regards

Neeraj

Edited by Chirag

---snipped---

Thanks for a quick reply. I'll check at home the exact chipset by looking at the cable drivers. But as far as I remember the following things did work:

- After installing USB 2 Serial cable it did show me a virtual COM port

- I tried installing R-Connect modem using this virtual Serial port, which got installed fine.

- After that it tries to dial and disconnects immediately. After a while software also times out and gives error 0691 (probably) essentially timing out as no connection from phone there. I'm still trying to figure out why should the phone disconnect.

Couple of specific questions here:

- Should I be installing modem drivers for USb or serial port?

- If I try to do for USB, it installs the USB to serial converter driver which I don't need as my cable is not reliance's original cable. Now it never find that exact set of drivers installed or working properly so it never reaches the USB modem installation. Am I missing something here?

Regards

Neeraj

32245[/snapback]

Tell me what OS you're using I am asuming that you are using MS OS,

now can you generate a modem log by checking "append to log option"

in the modem properties on, and post the log here after making a connection

through the rconnect dialer.

You should be installing the modem driver for USB-2-SERIAL converter

which mean serial port.

Forget about reliace cable driver you dont need it, and thogh it shows as USB,

in reality it's USB-2-SERIAL converter. LG RD 2030 dont have native USB interface.

Diffrent chisets have diffrent drivers, so relaince cable driver wont work for you

if your cable dont have the same chipst.

Check the things in the hyperterminal also ..........

Cheers ........................

Tell me what OS you're using I am asuming that you are using MS OS,

now can you generate a modem log by checking "append to log option"

in the modem properties on, and post the log here after making a connection

through the rconnect dialer.

You should be installing the modem driver for USB-2-SERIAL converter

which mean serial port.

Forget about reliace cable driver you dont need it, and thogh it shows as USB,

in reality it's USB-2-SERIAL converter. LG RD 2030 dont have native USB interface.

Diffrent chisets have diffrent drivers, so relaince cable driver wont work for you

if your cable dont have the same chipst.

Check the things in the hyperterminal also ..........

32246[/snapback]

I'm using Windows XP Home.

I'll find out the log and post it here.

But mean while I was looking at another older chain and found some more information around how to configure a rconnect connection manually, will the following steps help:

- Uninstall everything

- Install USB to Serial cable

- Connect my phone to serial port

- Install a standard 33600 bps modem.

- Set extra initialization command as - "ATZ;AT+CTA=30"

- Setup baud rate to 115Kbps in connection on computer as well as phone

- Connect by dialing #777

If you can verify the above commands and settings will work for LG 2030 it will be wonderful as it looks to me as the best way possible to connect.

Regards

Neeraj

Edited by Chirag

---snipped---

But mean while I was looking at another older chain and found some more information around how to configure a rconnect connection manually, will the following steps help:

- Uninstall everything

I assume you only mean to uninstall the rconnect and USB2SERIAL

stuffs :-).

If you can verify the above commands and settings will work for LG 2030 it will be wonderful as it looks to me as the best way possible to connect.

Regards

Neeraj

32248[/snapback]

Yes you can try the above steps, if everything done as said

I guess you will be able to use the rconnect w/o any huss

instantly.

But if it don't works then do post the requested log and get

ready to do some tweaking with your setup :-)

Cheers ...........................

---snipped---

- Uninstall everything

I assume you only mean to uninstall the rconnect and USB2SERIAL

stuffs :-).

Regards

Neeraj

32248[/snapback]

Yes you can try the above steps, if everything done as said

I guess you will be able to use the rconnect w/o any huss

instantly.

But if it don't works then do post the requested log and get

ready to do some tweaking with your setup :-)

Cheers ...........................

32259[/snapback]

I tried to do as discussed earlier. But my bad luck and it didn't work.

What I have done:

- Uninstalled everything related to reliance

- Started fresh, first installed USB to Serial cable. It installs as the setup says so I guess the drivers are fine. It shows up as Semi Human Interface or something ike that. What should I be looking for in INF file to find out the chipset?

- Is there a way to test if this cable is working fine? May be I'll try connecting my old modem through this.

- Anyways after this tried to do multiple things. First installed standard 33kbps modem with advance settings as discussed above. On trying the connection error 692 came

Same error once I installed serial port modem software using this new virtual serial port.

I also appended to log the request tried by modem. Attaching that for reference. It might have multiple requests logged so please check for dates. latest trial will be for 30/5/2005.

What all should I run from hyperterminal? I only tried ATE1 and it said OK.

Please let me know what should I do more.

Regards

Neeraj

ModemLog_Standard_33600_bps_Modem.txt

Please try seding AT+CTA=30 only as initialization string, from your log it seems that

cable is workign fine.

05-23-2005 22:02:50.578 - Initializing modem.

05-23-2005 22:02:50.578 - CD is high while initializing modem.

05-23-2005 22:02:50.593 - Send: AT<cr>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.609 - Recv: AT<cr>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.609 - Command Echo

05-23-2005 22:02:50.609 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.609 - Interpreted response: OK

05-23-2005 22:02:50.625 - Send: ATE0V1<cr>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.656 - Recv: ATE0V1<cr>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.656 - Command Echo

05-23-2005 22:02:50.656 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.656 - Interpreted response: OK

05-23-2005 22:02:50.671 - Send: AT<cr>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.703 - Recv: <cr><lf>OK<cr><lf>

05-23-2005 22:02:50.703 - Interpreted response: OK

Above excerpt gives a strong indication that cable is fine ...........

Please change the ini string and post your log back .......

try to locate something like this in the inf file from driver cd

"XXXX USB-to-Serial Converter Drivers"

Cheers .....................

Hi,

Thanks for your reply but I guess I'm just back to square one. I did what you said i.e. in the standard modem I set the advance settings I used the string AT+CTA=30.

Now it tries to connect even my phone wakes up, tries to dial. But within 2 seconds phone dies down. Software keeps trying and finally times out. Even with reliance software which I had installed similar thing was happening earlier.

Attached are logs for couple of tries I made + for query modem request from modem properties page.

Let me know what should I try next.

I tried searching for USB to serial cable's chip set but no luck. I'm also attaching two SYS files which are there.

Regards

Neeraj

reliance_connect_log_1.txt

reliance_connect_log_2.txt

modem_query_log.txt

drivers.zip

---snipped---

I tried searching for USB to serial cable's chip set but no luck. I'm also attaching two SYS files which are there.

Regards

Neeraj

32961[/snapback]

Hi,

Well going through log, I am having a strong feeling that drivers your're using is outdated or wrong , otherwise your cable seems to working fine. If I am not wrong than you must

be using windows XP, the files you have attached don't really have any link with this problem, it would be really helpfull if you can post the files having *.inf extension from your driver cd instead.

Cheers ........................

Hi,

The version of windows is WINDOWS XP Home. I think its SP2.

Also find attached the INF file of the driver.

Regards

Neeraj

33079[/snapback]

Dost

Please call to Reliance Customer Care on *333 and tell them to activate your modem.

All will go well.

Well not sure if you have read any of my posts before this one. My phone works fine on a compueter with serial port. The problem is using USB to Serial cable. That is the reason I posted my cable's INF file.

I have'n heard anything after my last post. If there is no solution I'm thinking of going ahead and buying a samasung phone ?

I have'n heard anything after my last post. If there is no solution I'm thinking of going ahead and buying a samasung phone ?

33386[/snapback]

Dear groven,

Before buying a new phone, please get a new cable, well the chipset your cable is having

is not very standard in the market, even the chipset manufacturer are not providing drivers to end user.

So I will suggest go for a new cable and please don't buy the same cable and if possible ask the vender to check it first before buying it .

Cheers .............................

Well I've already spent money on one more cable... I doubt if reliance webworld stocks this cable anymore. The other cable I bought is probably broken as it doesn't even reach as far as my USB to serial cable does. Its more painful to go and buy a cable and get that tested at that time (lack of time than anything). So might look for some other alternative as need the internet connection on my laptop by this friday.